Skip to main content

Topic: Funding for Rise of Agon? (Read 758 times) previous topic - next topic

Funding for Rise of Agon?
I've been scrolling through RoA's forum and can't really find much about its financial situation.  So far I've found one mention of a kickstarter, which leads to a couple questions:
Is RoA only being funded through a kickstarter?
At which junctions does RoA need money?
How exactly is RoA going to fund these junctions? 
Are there a lot of developers working pro bono?
What if their kickstarter doesn't raise enough money to support the project? 
Not to sound offensive but, why would Aventurine select to give a license to a group being funded by a kickstarter, especially if it doesn't raise enough money?

Re: Funding for Rise of Agon?
Reply #1
You're aware this is not RoA forums and the devs here probably don't know what they do or how RoA intends to fund its development ?  :D

Reply #2
No idea, you should ask on their forums.

Personally I don't think they'll get far.

Reply #3
I'm interested in both the RoA and the DND deal structures - tons of different ways for each group to come at this type of thing. In my opinion the fact that DND is self-funded should be much more appealing to both players of the game and Aventurine. It's a good feeling when a company is confident enough to put their own skin in the game rather than someone else's..

Reply #4
Personally I don't think they'll get far.
I don't know, they rely heavily on their kickstarter success, but if they manage to get the funds, I'm sure they can do something nice.

Reply #5
You're aware this is not RoA forums and the devs here probably don't know what they do or how RoA intends to fund its development ?  :D

If no1 here knows, I'll go ahead and make a forum account to ask them.

Reply #6
I believe it would be the best course of action.

The way I understand it :

- they have around 40-50 people working on the project, but they don't have any fund so far, and plan to do a kickstarter to fund their development the moment they get a deal with the licence.

But don't quote me on that, I don't follow their project that much.

Reply #7
They are a group of anonymous internet volunteers. To think that they can ever manage to successfully organize and launch a live MMORPG is completely cuckoo. 

Reply #8
They are a group of anonymous internet volunteers. To think that they can ever manage to successfully organize and launch a live MMORPG is completely cuckoo. 

They're definitely not anonymous.

• Zeb
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
I hope they have good plans on how to raise the money once things are signed.. because there forums arent exactly hopping, one of the moderators told me to top spamming.. im like ... what?

They are going to have to set off a ton of fireworks to get noticed by the communities, promotional videos to be made, word of mouth to be had.. hashtag twitter hashtag facebook hashtag hashtag

Reply #10
I think having a chance to raise money or not depends only of the nature of the deal. Without knowing the agreements, discussing if they could raise or not the money is purely sterile :P.

Btw, I think that with a proper communication plan, you can raise TON of money on kickstarter. Especially with how good Kimoshu is at communicating !

Once they have the money ? I have some doubt.
Some doubt about how they will manage / run a 40+ profile team, spread around the world, while it seems that people has been selected by their fame and not their skills (otherwise I guess they would have talk a little about their curriculum vitae when introducing new member).

Gamers are haters for the most part. Especially in this community.

Managing 40+ people for work (not passion !) is difficult most of the time (budget, vacation, communication, leaks, ...), so managing 40+ people that work by passion ... ho my god, I cannot imagine and respect Kimoshu for being that ballzy ...

The main concerns being : Are these 40+ people work for free ? because the salary of 40+ people is > 1 million euros per year if they are not that well paid.

I prefer the approach of DnD, but I wish RoA to succeed too. I'm pretty sure that with DnD business model, half of the population subscribing will actually work.

• Zeb
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Now you've got me worried FIlth.. here I am in lala land and there you are... dropping logic from an airplane over hiroshima

Reply #12