Skip to main content

Topic: Transmuts. How does it work exactly? (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

Transmuts. How does it work exactly?
Hi everyone, I tried to figure it out by myself, but it seems to make no sense. My question is basically: what determines the quality in terms of damage of transmuted weapons/bows?

Should I transmut good bows, like good R50 rolls or silverbanches or is it useless? I think that the elemental damage depends only on the quality of the enchant. But for the physical damage, I am really confused. There seems to be no difference between an initially .82 damage bow or a initially .70 bow. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Transmuts. How does it work exactly?
Reply #1
Better rank - more damage
Better chant reagents - more damage
Elemental damage always 50% of base damage.
Base damage depend on rank and quality of reagents

Reply #2
Hi everyone, I tried to figure it out by myself, but it seems to make no sense. My question is basically: what determines the quality in terms of damage of transmuted weapons/bows?

Should I transmut good bows, like good R50 rolls or silverbanches or is it useless? I think that the elemental damage depends only on the quality of the enchant. But for the physical damage, I am really confused. There seems to be no difference between an initially .82 damage bow or a initially .70 bow. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

Unless something changed since inDev (unlikely)...
The transmuted damage is 50% of the regular arrow damage.
What produces the strongest transmuted bow is indeed the quality level of the enchant (q1-q5) and the rank of the bow, the higher the better.  The exact .xy of the damage that you start with never appeared to matter, nor wisdom or exact enchanting skill level.

Reply #3
Wisdom have impact on enchant result. Big impact

Reply #4
Do Wisdom buff from SC works on crafting ?

Reply #5
There's no Wisdom buff in SC.
There used to be a Wisdom Self-buff in Greater Magic, but it was removed long time ago.

There is a Wisdom enchant tho
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #6

Can you explain more? I have no recollection of this in DFO, but I was never hard core about crafting either.

Reply #7
Thanks for the answers. I made some tests and it appears to be quite random, unpredictable to me... I transmuted bows (R50s, R40s) with Q2/Q3 mats and the displayed damage go from .55 to .62 but without any clear pattern: I can transmut a R50  .82 damage bow and get .57 and then obtain .59 with a .77 R40 bow.

Reply #8
I transmuted about 20 rank 40/50 bows with q1 materials at lvl 10 and  got anywhere from .52 - .56 with most .54 or less.  All bows were on the low end for their rank and wisdom only 40. 
  • Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:07:37 am by Uri_Malek

Reply #9
Is it worth it to transmute a  Q4 Corpsecall magn/cast speed staff ?

Reply #10
I'd do it once it's low dura, to preserve the enchants you already put on it.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #11
Did some test this morning with 4 different staff.

Intel = 72
Intensify Arcana = 46
Sacred missile = 64
Intensify WC = 27
Pestilence = 46

Q1 transmuted WC .24 + .11 Keen (Transmuted R20 Traitor's)
Vitality debuff 36.67 + 2x 10.05 damage
Holy Damage 27.48

Q4 transmuted WC .36  + .36 Keen (Transmuted Corpsecall)
Vitality debuff 37.91 + 2x 10.31 damage
Holy Damage 28.93

Cobra .26 + .34 Keen
Vitality debuff 36.12 + 2x 9.97 damage
Holy Damage 28.48

Corpsecall  1.4 + .34 Keen
Vitality debuff 39.94 + 2x 10.51 damage
Holy Damage 32.89

Reply #12
ive seen the elemental  damage stats of the tranmuted acid 1hand sword weapons in dfo be 1.00 for  acid not just .50. i am wondering when a transmuted weapon or Q of mats it takes to get a tier II transmutation dmg stat of 1.00. the damage is huge difference in pvp.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #13
ive seen the elemental  damage stats of the tranmuted acid 1hand sword weapons in dfo be 1.00 for  acid not just .50. i am wondering when a transmuted weapon or Q of mats it takes to get a tier II transmutation dmg stat of 1.00. the damage is huge difference in pvp.

That was a sithra, they do pure elemental damage, transmuted weapons are always half physical and half the element and what changes with quality is the magnitude roll. When you transmute you lose magnitude and the higher the quality the less you lose, so if a bow is .60 magnitude a q1 might only be .36 and a q2 .40 for example, though it actually bases on the rank of the weapon and not the specific magnitude roll for that specific one.
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:31:12 am by Mycke

Reply #14

That was a sithra, they do pure elemental damage, transmuted weapons are always half physical and half the element and what changes with quality is the magnitude roll. When you transmute you lose magnitude and the higher the quality the less you lose, so if a bow is .60 magnitude a q1 might only be .36 and a q2 .40 for example, though it actually bases on the rank of the weapon and not the specific magnitude roll for that specific one.

who knows i got a  transmuted sword and a transmuted bow off some dude before back in 2009 and it was huge proccing elemental damages. Also was a greatsword transmuted intoa  firesword the stats were beyond normal i was doing insane dmg in pvp to people using it compared to the standard transmuted weapons i normally used back then.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?