Skip to main content

Topic: ROA Combat Changes (Read 1289 times) previous topic - next topic

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: ROA Combat Changes
Reply #30
Both games continue to focus on PvP. Where's the fucking content?
twitch.tv/KenMan

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
I dont think neither teams have any solid budget nor someone good enough for designing and implementing real new content. Most of the changes will be heavily based on existing engine and it's original implementations made by AV.
  • Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:24:31 am by mrW

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #32

Are you serious?

ND had broken villages/siege system. Indev holding claims transfering over to live which made live boring as fuck so there was zero land grabbing on live. No active seatower tower. Very slow magic changes and very slow weapon changes. More transfers and inactive holding grabs than actual sieges by a huge majority. Zero wars/politics.

Launched without racial wars/watchtowers/territory system. Orb of might only drops from chaos chests so no one can craft siege vehicles properly IF they wanted.

And to top it off the game population was spread out, fucked by alignment and localization and died after a month.

So tell me... where was the PVP focus exactly?
  • Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:31:35 am by Machinist

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33

Are you serious?

ND had broken villages/siege system. Indev holding claims transfering over to live which made live boring as fuck so there was zero land grabbing on live. No active seatower tower. Very slow magic changes and very slow weapon changes. More transfers and inactive holding grabs than actual sieges by a huge majority. Zero wars/politics.

Launched without racial wars/watchtowers/territory system. Orb of might only drops from chaos chests so no one can craft siege vehicles properly IF they wanted.

And to top it off the game population was spread out, fucked by alignment and localization and died after a month.

Their recent patches even focused mainly on PvE and economy. Which was a good thing.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #34

Are you serious?

And yet here you are...
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
(Yes I finally made an alt)
Darkfall New Dawn - the game you play when you grow out of Fortnite

Reply #35
Lightyears ahead. Stay deluded.
So how is your honeymoon with RoA going? I see you are not to happy about it....weren't it lighyears ahead, with much better devs, going to do awesome combat changes, etc etc etc?
Weren't we the one being deluded by playing a "dead game"?

Looks like you didn't last too long there either :D

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #36

I like how I pointed out that I believ both games are making a mistake, yet you only defend ND.

I appreciate the fact that you're staying in your area of understanding, though. At least you're not a blowhard.

You bring up a great question, and from what I have witnessed recently is: MOSTLY PvP changes, hence why I state focus.

Focus - the center of interest or activity.
Most - Superlative of many.
Many - large number of.

Large number of patches including PvP changes.

I will grant you the game is all about PvP, but the truth is that this is an MMORPG.

MOST of the patches have been focused on PvP. Every single one of them have included PvP changes, and most of them have been FOCUSED on such ie, titles, titles balance, VCP, siege timers, etc.

I will extend an olive branch and say that DnD has focused more on PvE and quests, which I am excited for (new grindstone quests are great).
But don't sit there and tell me both teams haven't FOCUSED on PvP changes.

I'm tired of it. I want interaction with other players that doesn't include killing them.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong...
twitch.tv/KenMan