Skip to main content

Topic: When did the game launch? (Read 159 times) previous topic - next topic

When did the game launch?
Did the game just launch this year? Is it different than the Rise of Agon game I saw?

Re: When did the game launch?
Reply #1
Yes, New Dawn and Rise of Agon share the same base-code, but they branched in different directions and are separate games.
Darkfall: New Dawn launched on January 27th this year.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
Thank you for the quick reply. I think I'll play this version since I won't be as far behind in character development as I would with a game that has been out for a year or two. Is Magic still OP?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
End game is more or less balanced. Way harder to reach the end game as a mage tho, more.grind.

Reply #4
End game is more or less balanced. Way harder to reach the end game as a mage tho, more.grind.
cool story,if 1 month is grind for u.
stats raising like shit.Did nothing,have 90 int.
Intensify passives raising too fast iether.If u have 1 main school,then there is no grind.
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:06:14 am by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #5
Thank you for the quick reply. I think I'll play this version since I won't be as far behind in character development as I would with a game that has been out for a year or two. Is Magic still OP?
I begun play two weaks ago (I bought account at 31.05.2018). I spend a lot time on quests and key binds. After 7 days playing 1-3 hours in day i has:
47 Fire magic
13 Earth magic
10 Necro
10 Withcraft
10 daggers
8 Greatesword
8 Polearm
14 Archery
10 Lumberjack
15 Mining
34 skinning
32 firebolt
32k points of mediation.

Today, after two weeks i will post my stats and skills/spells.
As i remember, at now i have ~30str,30vit,20qui,43int,50wisdom, about 60k mediation points.
54 fire, 45 earth, ~20 withcraft, ~20 air, ~20 necro, 25 spellchanting.

For group pvp i already have (thx, titles!) a lot spells now:
comehither, magma (~10 skill), ~25 fireball, ~25 firebolt, stormblast, explosion, melee haste, two rays (impale and dragonbearth), vampiric touch, lay on hands, sacrifice, heal other. begone, telekinesis, confusion, hasten spell.
I will have EyE rot and Toxic like in 1-2 days.. 
I have around 300hp, players who play 4-5 month have about 400.

As for dmg, noob vs vet. Yesterday i was shoot in vet in robe with fireball for 30dmg, he shoot in me and i got about 42dmg. I dont know, what difference we has in items. Dont have much times for tests.

So, even two-week noobs can participate in sieges and groups fights. You can heal/res and assist to your mates and even do some dmg to enemy, you can grab enemy with come hither or blind them.

Before DF ND it was necessary a lot of grind to get nukes/magma/big aoe and a lot util spells. At now its very fast when you can be useful to your group.

My stats/spells actualy not good, i think ppl can grind stats/ppl faster more fater than me.
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:17:26 am by xsevenbeta
Dolly Monk

Reply #6
launched 2009
these guys have  since done some xml changes over a 2 year period. shuffled magic schools about abit and removed endgame content.

oh, they also added a market place and improved skinning!

have fun!
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #7

This may somehow change next week (if the patch notes are correct).

---------------------------------------------
What's next:
Work on equalizing the magic and physical grind is nearly completed, and should come with a higher impact on utility potency from having the title.

• Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:19:06 am by Alberton
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
(Yes I finally made an alt)
Darkfall New Dawn - the game you play when you grow out of Fortnite

Reply #8
launched 2009
these guys have  since done some xml changes over a 2 year period. shuffled magic schools about abit and removed endgame content.

have fun!

What a load of shit.  You're such a bitter old woman.

A FEW of the changes that are vastly more than XML:

Titles
Local banking
Mount sprint and mount inventory
Chargeable rays
Spawn scaling
Champions
Armor traits
Marketplaces

As for the "XML changes", they've made some nice improvements such as making 1-handers a viable and fun new style, as well as converting bunnyhopping from "stupid unlimited escape" to a much more tactical tool.

And these are only the changes I can think of in 2 minutes.

Get laid already, the forums would enjoy it even more than you would.

Reply #9
launched 2009

have fun!

Titles
Local banking
Chargeable rays
Spawn scaling
Champions
Armor traits
Marketplaces

As for the "XML changes", they've made some nice improvements such as making 1-handers a viable and fun new style, as well as converting bunnyhopping from "stupid unlimited escape" to a much more tactical tool.

wish the ignore list would block the guy's quote as well............:(

edit- abbo jesus man either play the game or dont, but to stick on the forums like BK holly craps man.
  • Last Edit: Today at 07:49:10 am by Ivar_theBoneless

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
launched 2009

have fun!

Titles
Local banking
Chargeable rays
Spawn scaling
Champions
Armor traits
Marketplaces

wish the ignore list would block the guy's quote as well............:(

edit- abbo jesus man either play the game or dont, but to stick on the forums like BK holly craps man.

Yeah, I wish the ignored messages didn't bump the threads for me. That would be enough.