Skip to main content

Topic: balance (Read 1142 times) previous topic - next topic

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: balance
Reply #45
Actually its pretty good balanced. If you just wanne play you can have a easy to access viable meele/archery build pretty fast. Pretty much like rocket launcher (easy) and rail gun in other games.

If you really wanne min/max you have to level magic and get all the utility. Which also makes combat much more complex with all the stuff you have to do.

And you can level your magic without having a Title. I do it atm just to be more effective at farming mobs.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #46
Why do you even discuss balance with fnights? The guy doesn't even play the game and thinks you can still "grenade" hop lol.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
Why do you even discuss balance with fnights? The guy doesn't even play the game and thinks you can still "grenade" hop lol.
lol
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #48
He also said fighters can't use Stoneskin
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #49
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when it comes to this game.  Am I missing something here?  Melee players get huge protections + health regen, their attacks only cost stamina to use.  Archers get pretty solid protections as well, with great stamina regen. Their attacks also only use stamina.  Mages get AWFUL protections, armor gives mana regeneration, and their attacks cost stamina AND mana.

Now I know I'm not an "end game" mage yet with only 70 INT, but I do have 40+ fire intensify.  Hitting a studded wearer in the front with an r60 darkscepter(that requires a neithal ingot to craft btw) does 24 damage.  Him shooting in in the face in return does about 27.

So when you break it down, not only am I doing less damage as a mage, I'm using more of my stats to attack, and I'm more vulnerable to attacks.

Where is the balance at?? Am I missing something?  Someone please fill in the blanks for me if I'm wrong, but I really feel like I've wasted my title spots on magic when it's obviously nerfed to the ground in New Dawn.

Melee/Archer use way for stam.
Out of stam is the same as out of life, you are dead.
Don't think i ever saw a mage run out of stam...

As usual, Mage forget all they pros...
-AOE
-Utilities (begone, knock up...)

Level up Eldritch Sphere, and come back and tell us what you think :).

Is magic/melee/archery balanced? Fuck if I know... But stop reducing the equation...

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #50

Quote me where i said that, since i used it in InDev, otherwise do not fabricate things i never said. Also i played InDev since day-1 so i have the rights to speak about balance and how i feel about the roles.
  • Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:11:45 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #51

Quote me where i said that, since i used it in InDev, otherwise do not fabricate things i never said. Also i played InDev since day-1 so i have the rights to speak about balance and how i feel about the roles.
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,6069.msg94611.html#msg94611

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Telling someone you can't use a buff (doesn't matter the reason) so balance needs to change is pretty ignorant.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #52

Reply #53
You say mages are strong in offence? What? Range damage? I'm sorry, but how is this going to work where we know you cannot kill someone if they don't come in close range in this game (have you ever seen a full range fight? ). Are mages suppose to run and run endessly in this game?

Kiting? Shoot and gain distance? Repeat. You can peel you opponent overtime if you are good, but seems you aren't, or you prefer the old system where you can:

- wear a crappy fine robe + blackbolt
- send on the sky 50k geared people in full infernal with a knock-up
- devastating aoes spells
- scripted rays spam
- green and white blinds spammed on the screen every 10 seconds
- wof where you trap your opponent and shoot disable bow so is a unamovable puppet

Fuck you?

Come on dude, you cannot be serious, magic was the ONLY playstile in DF1, everyone who gimped himself to not play in this way was just a walking ingots. I can't tell you how wrong this oneside playstyle was, just a fps fragfest.

You are obviously blinded by I don't know what reason, may be because you can "noobly" play this game without skill and still be a semi factor, but right now, regarding the investment a mage is asking, there is no reward in to it.

You are a factor and important in teamplay, how it should be.

You are litteraly pushing the playerbase out of this game with your mentality,

Is the countrary, without a aystem like this nobody will play here but the other iteration. If it push you old vets out of the game then is a good thing, DnD is not a FPS arena but a ROLEPLAY sandbox, is clearly this game is not for you fraggers, so is ok if you leave and play something else more close to a FPS kind of playstyle.

Stop being selfish for one second and admit this good game need some tweaks to make thinks more interesting.

You are the only one selfish here, you want the game to cater to your own tastes, back to be a magefest spamming rainbow arena, but is not happen, Ub3r don't listen so you are mad, you have to play with this meta or move on.

Is good that new players have the perception that this game have roles and diversity, majority of players want choices and not be forced into 1 role because is the only competitive one.

I will pass the fact that you insulted me because you feel like your arguments are falling appart.

But let me tell you that you are wrong on many of the assumptions you made, I played mostly Hybrid and Destroyer in DFO because I always prefered the melee Archery playstyle (and by far). Now that I'm living in Africa, with 200 ping, I cannot really play efficiently an Archer (that what I thought, but I think even with the difference of ping I can be a decent archer than mage), and I decided to play full mage and give it a try.

Problem, even if it recently starts to shine in 1vs1, in team fights you spend your time begonning away... Hiding... Being a healing and buff bot because you are so far from the scrum that you cannot really be a damage dealer. I'm sorry but it's far from fun and I could switch right now to Melee Archery as I have my stats ready for that, just need the titles, but I don't want to, I don't want to switch for the easiest playstyle, I just want some love and some attention to magic. Just some tweaks will be enough, pick one from this list :
- A bit more damage on the spells so we are really what you can call a glass canon (but it will fucked up the 1vs1).
- A bit more resistance on the robes and add some mana regen to the bones armor (like 25% from the robes equivalent for example). Again, the TTK on mages is too great, a 1vs 1 situation is okay, but with more decent ennemies around, you cannot really do things.
- Or tweaks on spells like they promise 2 months ago, with some more spell control and added tools to play with (it will be still difficult to play around, but very rewarding when it will work).

• Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:10:53 pm by zelihood

Reply #54
WTF is this thread.

HEY OP. TAKE EVERYTHING ON YOUR HOTBAR AND REPLACE IT WITH ELDRITCH SPHERE. CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE NO LONGER A SHIT TIER.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #55
Save yourself the headache. Dribblers everywhere defending current state of the game. They clearly have no interest in seeing the game succeed.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #56
Problem, even if it recently starts to shine in 1vs1, in team fights you spend your time begonning away...

If you do so then this game work perfectly, you should never be able to handle a melee fight with a robe against a metal user, NEVER, if you go melee you SHOULD DIE. You should keep the distance since you are a range nuker, so shoot and retreat, begoning away and back is how you should play.

Just some tweaks will be enough, pick one from this list :
- A bit more damage on the spells so we are really what you can call a glass canon (but it will fucked up the 1vs1).

Use better gear and not just a crappy extravagant robe or blackbolt. GEAR is morerelevant in terms of potency.

[/quote]- A bit more resistance on the robes and add some mana regen to the bones armor (like 25% from the robes equivalent for example). Again, the TTK on mages is too great, a 1vs 1 situation is okay, but with more decent ennemies around, you cannot really do things. [/quote]

Nope, you SHOULDN'T be able to hande a melee fight as a mage. Kiting is your playstyle, keep the distance, reset, and back.

- Or tweaks on spells like they promise 2 months ago, with some more spell control and added tools to play with (it will be still difficult to play around, but very rewarding when it will work).

You already have enought utilities, movement and strong healings, these points will only heavy unbalance the game and make the mage playstyle a semi-tanker is robe/bone.

Fuck off no, learn to play or change role, the game is perfectly fine as it is now. If you think you can brign this game into another magefest arena you are so wrong.
  • Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 05:17:01 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #57
meele just has a lower bar of entry than magic

shit aint balanced tho, but what mmo is?
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #58
We REALLY need the spell changes in ASAP. Without stormblast/knockups working (and many not having all no-keystone utilities), melee rush is deadly.

Reply #59
MAGE IS PERFECTLY FINE

melee archer here btw
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

Can we fix the mental illness signatures?