Skip to main content

Topic: Fair criticism (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

Fair criticism
So on Feb 23rd you make a new thread about 'regular updates' and today is march 18th, almost a month without being again updated, I don't get what is wrong with you guys but ffs get it together.

Having said that here are some observations on current systems based on our week long war with Good Game AKA Girl Scout Cookies.

1. The ability to create a new clan and then filter people in after the war dec is done at no extra cost is a completely broken mechanic that circumvents the whole point of your system.

2. Having to pay for week long war decss upfront turns what should be some fun sieges into the attacker trying to get the most value out of their war dec by sieging every day and turning it into a chore after a few consecutive days of sieging.

3. Too many blue issue with wars right now, both allies of the defenders at the time of the war dec as well as those allied to the attacker need to be calculated in somehow or at worst a very large area around the stones and the holdings need to be unlawful.

Lastly you need to get your priorities straight and look at fundamental mechanics and content differently where you seem to blur the two. The magic changes and alignment/arac/racial changes are fundamental systems that must be completed as asap or you will allow everything to fester just as DFO did, with only wolves still interested in playing making sheep unable to survive the vast packs creating an impassable barrier to entry.
  • Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:01:36 pm by Mycke

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Fair criticism
Reply #1
Every single issue laid out in this post was brought up during inDev when Celiah, us, zzzz, etc. would do the exact same thing. Once you've come to grips that you're simply playing an extension of inDev, you take it all in and just play it out. I'm baffled that you haven't taken advantage of the constant sieging by simply playing the same game but it is what it is. Just enjoy the fights
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #2
You just don't understand ubers vision.  Go play roa if you don't like it.

Reply #3
Honestly this situation just reeks of amateurs who didn't expect people to play outside of the box they wanted. Their systems are all seemingly ill- thought and easily circumvented by players so the punishments or system can be manipulated.

Really just very disappointed, they seemed so confident pre launch debating everyone but now I see it as kinda arrogance... honeymoon period is over for me sadly :::((((

Reply #4
grimtard still trying to recruit to his shitty magefall.. you are such a pathetic human being, we dont come to your shithole forums to write stuff

Reply #5
grimtard still trying to recruit to his shitty magefall.. you are such a pathetic human being, we dont come to your shithole forums to write stuff

Bahahaha

Reply #6
I'm not a fan of ROA either but some of you are hilarious at how fast you allow grimtide to trigger you with his little comments.

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
@Camera One since you closed your other thread like a snivelling weasel just to let you know your insult cut me to the quick and left me devastated  :'(

HaHaHaHaHa Pat will probably believe this.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
They went abit silent i have to say. Progress thread isnt updated.

Reminds me abit when DF 2010 was announced and before it was silent :-D
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #9

they updated the roadmap, but you are right, they could just copy paste
they are probably working to make magic ready before 2m ends,

hopefully greater magic can be renamed to infliction etc lol
but honestly i think they are trying to make graphical and sound changes for spells and schools thats why it takes longer
should have just moved them then change colors n sounds and balance

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10

they updated the roadmap, but you are right, they could just copy paste
they are probably working to make magic ready before 2m ends,

hopefully greater magic can be renamed to infliction etc lol
but honestly i think they are trying to make graphical and sound changes for spells and schools thats why it takes longer
should have just moved them then change colors n sounds and balance

If that is the case iam fine with it. And compared to some of the whine trolls here on the forum iam realistic enough to expect some slow developement.

However should be hard to atleast type a short sentence, "hey guys we will go silent for the next comple of days because all our energy is used for the next patch"
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #11
TBH the alignment is fucked up in sieges to the level when I would ninja reset alignment when the fundamental changes to it are made. Not making siege stones etc. go people grey is their fuckup.

Reply #12
They probably took all our money and blew/are blowing it on coke and hookers.

Reply #13
just funny that people waking up now, i was at this point one year ago XD

Reply #14
If DFO code was easy to work with AV probably wouldnt have abandoned it and moved to UW.