Skip to main content

Topic: Can't chose clan holding as respawn point (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't chose clan holding as respawn point
I died in one of the holdings my clan owns, however, I cannot select the holding as respawn point. I hope this is a bug and not intended?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Can't chose clan holding as respawn point
Reply #1
Weird.

Reply #2
Care to tell which one ?

Reply #3
It was Vellenyth, I also did not get the option to spawn at the other hamlet nor the starting town. Only the bindstone + bank south of there

Reply #4
The npc Amurrayrr ?
Did you respawn here before going near your holdings and die

Reply #5
I died in one of the holdings my clan owns, however, I cannot select the holding as respawn point. I hope this is a bug and not intended?

Where you died is an important piece of information.  If you are too far away, then it is working as intended.

Reply #6
This could be because his last death selection was too close, so the game considered him to still be not far enough to offer a new selection.
Essentially, you have to exit the potential respawn radius to get offered a new set of locations to prevent travels by suicide.
Right now, that previous selection is permanent, but we'd like to add a timer slightly longer than the time it would take on foot so that it isn't so confusing.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #7
Yeah, the death before that was in the dungeon Kaardan, I had the option to pick Amurranyr then and I did. When I died at Vellenyth, the nearest bindstone was also Amurranyr. I tried again after that, suicide by mob spawn, and I had Vellenyth, and the starting town near it, as one of the options.

If it is intended like this that would be pretty annoying. It was about a day before that I died at the dungeon. You don't want people to travel by suicide, I get that, but this way it works now is annoying for normal play (where you don't try to abuse the system)

Reply #8
We agree, it is annoying and confusing. This is something we will revisit shortly after launch with a timer that resets the last selection.

Reply #9
We agree, it is annoying and confusing. This is something we will revisit shortly after launch with a timer that resets the last selection.
you might never have to revisit some things, it can be too late, delay if you have to :/

Reply #10
This is just an occasional inconvenience we want to smooth out. The system works in most cases and serves its purpose.