Skip to main content

Topic: Launch pop (Read 1314 times) previous topic - next topic

Launch pop
Is the indev population so low because it's indev or because darkfall is dead?

I want the game, I played the original... but not if the population is this low.

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Launch pop
Reply #1
Because it's InDev.

Reply #2
It's wiping in 3 days...what do you think?

Reply #3
It's wiping in 3 days...what do you think?

Who knows. The test server for swgemu has a seemingly higher pop than this and that's 15 years old.

Reply #4
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
More than enought for a mere beta.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #6
Ya the thing is, you will never know the population since the world is not only huge, but also split up in 6 races.

But I somehow doubt the 10k to be honest for release. As long as the market and economy works, enough players are around for overall activity in the world, should be enough for me, I don't need packed server like RoA launch (after it spread it was good)

Reply #7
102,319 Posts in 6,655 Topics by 20,481 Members - Latest Member: -_- - Most Online Today: 193

Take this number on release date, multiply by 20 times(for a forum heavy game I'd say min5-max20% forum users is quite accurate), most likely 300ish, so probably 6000, that is your total number of players.

Now /6 this to get some hardcore average concurrent number of players that are active at the moment, so that is 1000(with peak times probably 3x that number).

Now darkfall has around 500 ground regions(squares, I think it is actually more, didn't count properly). That means you got a whole square to share with just 1 another person :/

Remove my pessimism and use optimism calculations but apply players quitting over time and you will get equally sad results for a game that new dawn aims to be.
  • Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:59:45 pm by freakd

Reply #8
Who knows. The test server for swgemu has a seemingly higher pop than this and that's 15 years old.

swgemu also has a much smaller world comparatively. I play swgemu occasionally, and most of the larger spaceports don't even have full dancer/doctor buffs anymore. Grinding on Nabu had me going back to another system to get buffs.

If you visit any village at any time of the day you'll find pvp. The majority of players are either not bothering to play because they've done all the preperations for launch. There's still some people roaming the world preparing and trying to find their routes for launch or just playing around trying to squeeze as much fun out of indev as possible :) hope you play on launch Sir, Have a nice week :)

• Brat
  • [*][*]
Reply #9
Pretty sure it will be a blast.

Reply #10
think the same, launch is gonna be legendary :=)
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #11
ya I played a bunch after last patch and can't bring myself to log in anymore until launch.  i tried to log in during free trial to help answer questions and put mounts in markets but impending wipe after 1.5 years of beta got to me finally. 

So pumped for launch tho, I am ready!

Reply #12
Is the indev population so low because it's indev or because darkfall is dead?

I want the game, I played the original... but not if the population is this low.

I'm not playing because of the wipe.  I have my 100k met points so there is no point until the 26th, unless I want to test something.  Which Ill log in, test it for a bit, then log out.

Reply #13
102,319 Posts in 6,655 Topics by 20,481 Members - Latest Member: -_- - Most Online Today: 193
Take this number on release date, multiply by 20 times(for a forum heavy game I'd say min5-max20% forum users is quite accurate), most likely 300ish, so probably 6000, that is your total number of players.

Now /6 this to get some hardcore average concurrent number of players that are active at the moment, so that is 1000(with peak times probably 3x that number).

Now darkfall has around 500 ground regions(squares, I think it is actually more, didn't count properly). That means you got a whole square to share with just 1 another person :/

Remove my pessimism and use optimism calculations but apply players quitting over time and you will get equally sad results for a game that new dawn aims to be.

Yeah... like the sea tiles in the corners are going to be as full as the starter cities and the centre map?

Try re-doing the math some. Some areas will be empty, and others will have higher pop. With the elimination of all forms of insta travel, the number of tiles with active population will go up.

Reply #14

Yeah... like the sea tiles in the corners are going to be as full as the starter cities and the centre map?

Try re-doing the math some. Some areas will be empty, and others will have higher pop. With the elimination of all forms of insta travel, the number of tiles with active population will go up.

Pretty much why I've stated explicitly ground regions, as in meaning not sea regions, in my post.

Take only main continent, that is around 400 ground regions. Of course I agree that launch day will be packed.
  • Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:41:51 pm by freakd