• [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: DFO fans get rekt!
Reply #15
DF2012 is pretty shit though, in 2018.

• Dagbu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
On a different note; I'm pretty sure at this point Finnand could post just 'lol' and it will get 23 upvotes.
Major Zlog

Reply #17
Just got a steam message from a friend I sent to free-trial who only played UW. I steamed him "thoughts?" his response "darkfall 1 sucks".

Your friend is such a simp.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu

Reply #18
I like this version of darkfall.  I am sorry you don't.

Reply #19
they are not rekt enough tbh
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Soon the only thing UW will have over dnd will be the gfx
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #21
UW was terrible..

Reply #22
Someone made an opinion about the game quick lets spam the thread telling him how stupid and dumb he is. I happen to agree with parts of what he is saying, like many others who don't forumfall 24/7. 

PS: End game UW was probably better then this version apart from the shit looking models ofc.
TRUEDON AKA that kid that just dropped you in like two seconds LOL

Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open and then you will not get your mind blown.

If you succeed at dying you did not deserve to live.

Reply #23
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #24
What a nerd!

Reply #25
First time I logged in after the titles patch. My first impression was like *goddammit man UW all over again*

Reply #26
Let's see combat wise:

DND: (after titles version)

Average titles for melee:
- 1 weapon mastery -> PA, WW, Sieze
- Archery title -> Disabling shot
- 3 more titles on number tweaks.
Total: 4 unique abilities from titles, all common abilities (decimated if wearing plate)

Average titles for mage:
- 2-3 mage schools -> 4~6 unique spells.
- 2-3 more titles for number tweaks.
Total: 4~6 unique abilites from titles, all common abilites

- Shitty encumberance system, you need very specific types of armor parts for your build.
- Bunnyhop somewhat solved: Both Stamina and HP drain.
- Timed blocking, interruptable melee swings but can't cancel bow shots or spellcasint, lol.
- 1 hander and 2 hander only balanced at high tier + high enchant against mid tier armor, low tier 1 handers useless.
- No arcane protection
- Magic school based on spells ignoring any protection, 'good thing you farmed your dragon armor, eh?'
- Bad spell effects, most friendly spells are a friendly blind.
- No variety in melee/archery skills, only number tweaking. You can have all the melee skills with 1 title, but, it's okay, you can have your melee identity by a different weapon choice (90% greatsword or greataxe) or armor (full heavy or 0 magic encumb with feather) or enchants (stamina efficiency / slashing prot / no more slots since jewelry gone).

UW: (The middle, not the fucked up beginning where everyone quit, not the crystalized ending which most of you didn't play)

- 8 unique spells for your build
- 8 commns skills, (but hardly a choice, mostly 8 given skills for anyone)
- Good gear system (maybe you be melee, range or mage, any gear can have some use for you, melee->extravagant hood etc.)
- Bunnyhop: Only HP drain per struck. (worse than on ND)
- There is no issue with canceling spells or bow shots.
- Static blocking, yet 1 hander and 2 hander balanced. (ND active more fun though)
- No arcane protection (except mage robes chest part)
- Good looking and distinguishable spell effects, friendly spells don't blurr your vision all the time.
- Variety in melee or archery skills.

RoA:

Rummors have it it's dying out already, doesn't matter. But who know, maybe after ND titles, DFO fanboys return there.

So, what did DFO fanboys get? A watered down Unholy Wars, but with a good direcion: All roads lead to Rome, in this case to UW. I said a year ago.  GZ DFO petition. Enjoy, I certainly will ;)

P.S.: Tbh, doesn't matter how Uber fucks it up, the basics that make this game good remain: Backhit, blocking, squirreling, transfers, aiming, full loot and for some of us: forum pvp (most usefull when having a boring day at the office), trashtalk, tea-baging, trolling.

Unholy Wars is trash because it introduced stupid cheese skills, completely unbalanced combat and classes. It was barely an FPS/TPS.

Literally all AV had to do was take Darkfall Combat/Skills and implement it into unholy wars, and we would have all been satisifed (even tho I think the gear in DFO was better.)

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #27
ALOT of players who didnt touched the oldschool dfo enjoyed DF UW most those who came from other MMORPGs. Combat is not all. Please do us a favor, when you speak do a personal note on it, you dont speak for the majority.
Come at me!!
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #28
Well to be honest DF had so much more depth than dfuw, dfuw had some graphics but basically everything else either felt cheese or to easy, i played it abit but it never caught on as DF, maybe i was biased could be but from start to end there was way more people in DF than UW.

Reply #29
Well to be honest DF had so much more depth than dfuw, dfuw had some graphics but basically everything else either felt cheese or to easy, i played it abit but it never caught on as DF, maybe i was biased could be but from start to end there was way more people in DF than UW.

you can say it because you have experiances with dfo .. how would you argue if you just have experiances with tab-target games and come from them to df uw. thats what i talking about.

And that a game is easy to play is a positive thing.. people come home from work and want to chill (most those who are at work and have families), while others want action. On the last sentences, this is hard to say. if you count just the years from 2010-till end .. with the df uw times..i am not sure that it was massivly less people even more when you count those on the asia servers with.

easy to game means also an easier entrance to the game.. easy means also in average more players... more players means in darkfall context more pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5aBFJNR9IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS8ce1VmbQw
  • Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:01:05 pm by Prometheus
Come at me!!