Skip to main content

Topic: Auto Hotkey and the like (Read 1760 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Auto Hotkey and the like
Reply #30
Out of interest, what still **needs** to be hotkeyed - especially with the titles coming - mount lean?
Binding mousewheel.
How about double binding E to both fire ball, disable and mount lean right?
Is that possible somehow currently...
Out of interest, what still **needs** to be hotkeyed - especially with the titles coming - mount lean?
Some mouse buttons are not recognized. **fuck off**
I still bind my mousewheel thanks to AHK
How to bind any key including all mouse buttons & wheel (in the guide section) ~ https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,6724.0.html#info_105938

When I'm not making fun of Maejohl or complaining about holes in the game design, I'm posting how to edit the keybinding file with the windows notepad (with pictures for the lazy) I never tested what happens when you use the same key for two or more bindings, it might work because when mounted its switching to different controls, like when your riding a scarab and it has different camera controls. You could try it, at the worst it will crash and removing the second keybind with fix it.

@OP its probably going to be rough the first month or so after launch because its a twitch game and as of early last year the client still used the same memory offsets from 2009 for hacks. I'm hoping they quietly changed them and will ban everybody after launch day using anything along those lines including the Auto Hotkey stuff, since AHK (when using the pixel detection part) is detectable by the client with just a few small Java  changes.
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:24:33 pm by mezferic

Reply #31
even with it being "obvious" nobody banned them in previous games.
so the question still stands will they block it?
Didn't read the whole thread so disregard this if someone already answered.
It's still allowed as it's still useful for a fair amount of people depending on how you're managing your binds and hotbars and stuff. It's def not needed at all you can do without it just fine. Not everyone binding shits the same way , we all have personal settings

Concerning everything that's closely related to cheating i guess they'll just ban when it's 100% confirmed. e.g they already banned someone during beta for using a pixeldetection script
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:50:38 pm by Sup Dude

• qvq
  • [*]
Reply #32
yeah, try https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/board,6.0.html   

i mean, if u want me to actually drop names... thats frowned upon.    if you'd like, i could pm u super shady content..

Pretty skeptical there's anything like that so wide-spread. PM me shady stuff if you actually have something.

didn't bother to look at what he had, but pixel tracking (aimbot) is a quick google search away with auto hotkey since that is so wide spread.  RoA was notorious for that.  Of the "top" players there were very few that didn't use it.  Then there was that weird bhop script that some ran on flatter land to get the perfect hops in.

People might not be getting banned for them, but they should be to be honest just means your player skill is sub par and you have to cheat to win.

• qvq
  • [*]
Reply #33
@Ub3rgames needs to improve the ingame Hotbar functionality and the GUI so people DON'T NEED basic macro functionality from third party programs and THEN block Darkfall from running or have it disconnect you if programs like Auto Hotkey are even opened

I think the OP attributes too much to hacking regarding RoA (the players there are just FAR better on average), but there ARE basic things that can be done to REDUCE the problem of cheaters, ESPECIALLY the low tier script kiddies.

I was in guild with many of those guys that were "far better" and fought many of the others.  There are some over that that are good, but a few of them have been caught being stupid and posting videos of their cursor bouncing off common colors etc.  Others that did things like 280 degree turns with 0 loop because their pc followed them that close.

Most that say "oh those players are good" are probably using the hacks themselves and don't want their crutch to go away.

So which are you? :D

• qvq
  • [*]
Reply #34
It's still allowed as it's still useful for a fair amount of people depending on how you're managing your binds and hotbars and stuff. It's def not needed at all you can do without it just fine. Not everyone binding shits the same way , we all have personal settings

Concerning everything that's closely related to cheating i guess they'll just ban when it's 100% confirmed. e.g they already banned someone during beta for using a pixeldetection script

understood I have more or less figured out the devs don't mind the cheating unless people point it out like it past games.

probably gonna just skip this version since i expect its life span to be less than 2-3 months like usual and with no real fix to the long standing auto aiming etc... game just turns into who can cheat best i did that back in DiabloII when I was with BMPK was fun for a bit, but today player skill rates far higher to me so simply not worth.

Reply #35
understood I have more or less figured out the devs don't mind the cheating unless people point it out like it past games.
Uh they have implemented auto detection for the obvious things and also for mob exploiting and "inhumane behavior" or whatever they called it. They  made a post about it couple of months ago and also mentioned their plan on that.

You can google it or search here on the forums the ub3rgames posts, won't do that for someone who sounds biased and like the casual paranoid FPS player who accuses everyone to cheat because he got killed.

Reply #36

probably gonna just skip this version since i expect its life span to be less than 2-3 months like usual and with no real fix to the long standing auto aiming etc... game just turns into who can cheat best i did that back in DiabloII when I was with BMPK was fun for a bit, but today player skill rates far higher to me so simply not worth.
Uh , my post pretty much meant the opposite ; they're taking detection and action against real cheats very seriously. And as pointed out Donut , anyone is free to try to bug mobs but their account won't last 2 days so hf

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
How about binding mouse button 3 to switch to 2h sword.
And binding mouse button 3 to parry disable.
So when i dont have the weapon out, i take it.
If i do have the weapon out, i disable. (i realise that acher disable is linked with it, so id need a seperate binding for the archer disable...thankfully titles)

Reply #38
Then there was that weird bhop script
i chuckled
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #39
didn't bother to look at what he had, but pixel tracking (aimbot) is a quick google search away
RoA was notorious for that.  Of the "top" players there were very few that didn't use it.
Then there was that weird bhop script that some ran on flatter land to get the perfect hops in.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, spilt my coffee, 10/10 was worth it.

as of early last year the client still used the same memory offsets from 2009 for hacks.
iirc they were informed about that in the first week along with many other legacy fuckups, re: tricking the client into thinking you were 1m from a target shooting an arrow when infact your 100m

after the server reset duping became real on RoA im betting they paid more attention to these topics

• Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:27:29 am by Leg enD

Reply #40
Hacks exist and they will be used.. end of story. You are better off not worrying about it and just playing the game to enjoy it and not as an esport. 

That being said I hope they do implement a program like ESEA.  The pixel aimbot is honestly so widespread at this point.  Almost every ROA streamer uses it and it's pretty obvious.
whos using it while streaming RoA?

• PIGGEHtheluxe
  • [*]
Reply #41
I would really like the RoA first available in the hotbar that was really nice to have
I DIDN`T CHOOSE THE PIG LIFE, THE PIG LIFE CHOSE ME.

Intel i5 7600k 5.0 Ghz 1.325 volt | Corsair H100i V2 | 16 GB DDR4 Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 2400MHz | Asus Prime Z270-A | Asus Strix GTX 1080ti | Xfx pro 650 watt | Corsair Air 540 | Acer XG270HU 2560x1440 144hz | Corsair VOID Wireless | HTC VIVE <3

Reply #42
They need fullscreen windowed if they want to disable AHK :p.

Reply #43
It can work in full screen, so no.

Reply #44
It can work in full screen, so no.
AHK pixel detection in DARKFALL in full screen? I don't think so. Disable windowed mode / force fullscreen and there will be no pixel detection in df!