Skip to main content

Topic: Auto Hotkey and the like (Read 1761 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Auto Hotkey and the like
Reply #15
@Ub3rgames needs to improve the ingame Hotbar functionality and the GUI so people DON'T NEED basic macro functionality from third party programs and THEN block Darkfall from running or have it disconnect you if programs like Auto Hotkey are even opened

I think the OP attributes too much to hacking regarding RoA (the players there are just FAR better on average), but there ARE basic things that can be done to REDUCE the problem of cheaters, ESPECIALLY the low tier script kiddies.

Reply #16
Out of interest, what still **needs** to be hotkeyed - especially with the titles coming - mount lean?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Out of interest, what still **needs** to be hotkeyed - especially with the titles coming - mount lean?

Launch day soon, so not everyone gonna sleep on major pots. SO - it would be nice to put major pot, then moderate pot and then minor pot on same hotbar slot and use first available with just single key tap.

Reply #18

Launch day soon, so not everyone gonna sleep on major pots. SO - it would be nice to put major pot, then moderate pot and then minor pot on same hotbar slot and use first available with just single key tap.
Same for weapons - if your R30 breaks, your R20 gets equipped
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Binding mousewheel.
LRM - Epoch

Reply #20
as far as i know there is no temporary bans in ub3rgames policy.
you get one warning and the next offense is a permanent ban.

Good i hope its an IP and credit card ban too

Terrorists may not care about risking their own accounts, BUT they might care about their family members and friends

Best way to root out and eliminate hackers/cheaters is to reward people for turning in their own friends/family/ clan and punish everyone in that household if one is caught

There should be tangible and desirable rewards for anyone who turns in a confirmed hacker/ exploiter or helps Ub3rgames fix one. And the rewards need to be good enough to outweigh whatever the person would of gotten for staying quiet or abusing it themselves

Also the COMMUNITY as a whole MUST ostracize/ blacklist individuals or groups with a history of doing shady shit. And they must do it in a consistent way that is NOT fun for the blacklisted group/player. It must be an actual consequence that annoys them and makes the game LESS fun for them

These are the things we have to do if you actually want to fix the problem.
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:18:36 pm by Battle Smurf

Reply #21

I have gone over this a dozen times in previous threads and on discord with Ub3rgames

If Ub3rgames shows they are reading THIS thread and are open to actually addressing it i will lay out the list, but baring that I'll let others chime in... if they want

Reply #22
there hasn't been a single incident where the UI was not enough for me throughout indev. Though the example or first available weapons could be usefull during the 1st month, but not after that... I don't remember what they've said about it, but it's too minor an "issue" to use a macro for it, just lol!
Dunnin Dainstaff - SupremeGeneral of TTD

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
How about double binding E to both fire ball, disable and mount lean right?
Is that possible somehow currently...

Reply #24
How about double binding E to both fire ball, disable and mount lean right?
Is that possible somehow currently...
There's a workaround that works well for Fireball+Disable if you don't insist on staying on the same skillbar (to monitor cooldowns)
Not sure if there's a way to put Mount Lean on skillbar... if it's possible, then it is doable.

Workaround goes something like this:
put weapon skills on skillbar 1
put spells on skillbar 2
bind "0" (10th skill slot) to E
put Disable on skillbar 1, slot 0
put Fireball on skillbar 2, slot 0
use Weapons Bar to switch between melee weapon and staff and make it switch to appropriate skillbar (selecting melee weapon will switch to skillbar 1, selecting staff will switch to skillbar 2)

If you can assign Lean on skillbar, put it on bar 3, and have your 1h+shield call skillbar 3

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
But then its also bound to every single skill that is in the 0 slot...
I get it works, and you likely dont need to fill all slots...

So sorta thank you?

• MULQ
  • [*]
Reply #26
Why the hell is lean still in the game in the first place?

If you can't make it aim-based, then just make it so you don't have to lean and you simply hit in a 180 degree arc in front of you. Adjust damage to make it balanced.

Are you seriously going to kill yet another Darkfall because the combat is just too complicated for even the average gamer?

Reply #27
Some mouse buttons are not recognized. **fuck off**

Reply #28
But then its also bound to every single skill that is in the 0 slot...
I get it works, and you likely dont need to fill all slots...

So sorta thank you?
I think ND interface works well. But I'd definitely be down for having more options, like RoA's Burst.

IMO, the main problem still lies in lack of explanations to new players.

Reply #29
I still bind my mousewheel thanks to AHK