Skip to main content

Topic: 14 DAYS (Read 1264 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 14 DAYS
Reply #15
I was about to write a tear dripping response, but decided not to.

Reply #16
A concern though is that this forum has only one new member in the last two days.

Reply #17
A concern though is that this forum has only one new member in the last two days.

And over 19,000 members - mostly my alts.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
I thought they were @CeliahAiley 's alts.

Reply #19

Reply #20

last two months you mean
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #21
I cant understand there has been no announcement of a free period yet.
Like so many business owners these devs dont seem to get that the best product is useless without proper marketing and sales.

And you should also know that marketing is expensive and I don't think they have that much money to spend in marketing
Yeah.. roa has done a lot better in community based marketing than this game.. not everything is about money.
There could also be a bring your friend bonus or stuff like that, costs nothing and gets existing followers involved.
Instead we get less effort than any prior iteration of darkfall, allthough they have the best game version it might not be enough in the end.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Perhaps I'm wrong, in fact I'm certain I've read this from someone's thread that ub3r lurked in so maybe 50% correct but...

Didn't ub3r explicitly say they were going to ramp up marketing?

And then like a month or two later explain that they're weren't going to market as much because of a "soft launch" of some sort?

Seems to me like a steam green light without the steam. A slow roll much like eve.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #23
Nr 1 priority for any company, regardless of product, IS SALES.

Quality comes after that. Sales first. It brings in revenue (food for the business to survive at the very least, prefferably grow to keep up with competition).

In our days, there are so many new ways to reach out to gamers, I'm shocked none of them have been utilized. Ub3r needs a growth hacker more than an artist or other programmers atm.

Reply #24
Sales are actually a bad thing if the product isn't ready, you can always sell it to people later if they didn't get burnt at launch.

Reply #25
Nr 1 priority for any company, regardless of product, IS SALES.

Quality comes after that. Sales first. It brings in revenue (food for the business to survive at the very least, prefferably grow to keep up with competition).

In our days, there are so many new ways to reach out to gamers, I'm shocked none of them have been utilized. Ub3r needs a growth hacker more than an artist or other programmers atm.
MMOs are not regular games or products though, you need to keep people active while still getting more to even out the players who quit. Harder to do for huge projects as they need more employees than small-ish (indie) games.

If a game reaches a huge hype at release but is NOT ready (like RoA), people will quit quickly.
What is much more important now, that the game stays on bumping up the quality, adding features, doing events at bigger patch releases etc.
Only very few MMOs actually are able to do that or did in the past.
Losing the biggest part of the hype means most likely that those people won't ever come back. Obviously there are exceptions and it is possible that RoA will recover.

The "hype cycle"(pic below) is somewhat applicable, as so many things get overhyped nowadays and then called "dead geam" because they lost 80%+ of the players after the release.
The recovery is more important but also tough. It is easier if you have a set concept and realistic vision for many months after release.

DnD aims for the long run, which is very risky BUT could work out since the community now is tiny including the small hype.
If over time more and more people hear about the constant progression, good reviews etc, there might come more (theory, optimism....).

Call me stupid and whatnot because I find ub3r's strategy risky but also realistic. I am not expecting a big success but also not the doomsday like some say. Just a gaaame dont be mad!

Source with explanation

Reply #26
@arctoz
Yesterday we talked about Son Gohan and I asked you to be nice when we were in the same party, while I was trying to settle things with Son Gohan in party chat, which was difficult. Also, friendly advice is better sent in a friendly PM. This is just popcorn for retards like Gosti and Maejohl.

Reply #27
Sadly a large amount of the changes make the game sound really boring. In the attempt to be meaningful everything sounds aids and tedious. And for everything good they added they added 3 bad. Even titles, I waited years for titles to raise pvp diversity and we got cancer crafter and gatherer titles so I cant even craft. The game tries too hard to be a big deal sandbox and have some super economy and crap that its just going to flop when a lot of the people cant have fun. Dont expect the game to last but maybe I'll be surprised. Might play release tho just cuz I bought the game and have waited years, so even tho its significantly worse than I hoped I might aswell try it.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
My 6 man indev clan owns Niflheim, and currently no clans want to take up our free holding offer for it.

See my signature for a more accurate description of the situation.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #29
My 6 man indev clan owns Niflheim, and currently no clans want to take up our free holding offer for it.

See my signature for a more accurate description of the situation.

We go down together ;)