Skip to main content

Topic: 14 DAYS (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

14 DAYS
LUL

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: 14 DAYS
Reply #1
Can't wait. Should be the title patch this weekend, so time to install DND and dust off the rust.

Reply #2
Though at the end of the day its just game to us and a business to them, so I cant really be as vested as them, iI have to admit their window is closing much faster than the pace of the development that needs to get through it before it does,

I remember when they said they could have all major indev changes in before the end of the year and many of us said 'no way' at the time which has borne out to be true. I would say their only real weakness as a team is pacing, they never seem to get anything done in their projected time frames, though luckily they are pretty clean programmers who have very few major issues so even though things are slow, the fact the follow up is pretty minimal makes this less devistating than it could be.

Really what will be lost is free period time which isnt terrible but does make clans testing less able to decide to go all in and get a prelaunch holding, which was something I was hoping to see a fair amount of, but instead it will end with a whimper that generates little inertia of its own for launch.

Reply #3
To be fair, though, clans can get pre-launch holdings easily right now. Most clans are giving them away (like our alliance is). Although I agree that some clans ( @CeliahAiley ) seem to be doing their best to hoard as many as possible. But with the med points changing this weekend, hopefully that will further increase holding availability.

Reply #4
Stop mentioning me.

Reply #5
Stop mentioning me.
Why? He didn't mention you in a negative way.

Reply #6
Overview to the Darkfall Community in total:

DF Comm "Ub3rgames can you split the ocean" - Ub3rgames did.
DF Comm "Ok thats easy, can you walk over the water without touching it" - Ub3rgames did.
DF Comm " Pfff that not hard, you doing this only because you cant swim" -  :o

The question is here, have those people any kind of personal skill to change anything on their own or are they just mad and angry rl keyboard warriors?

inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #7
Stop mentioning me.

Because I have him in my ignore list and I don't want to read anything he has to say.
There are ulterior motives and ploys in everything he has to say about me.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Everybody!

@CeliahAiley

Reply #9
If you have him on ignore how did you know he said anything about you?

Reply #10
I cant understand there has been no announcement of a free period yet.
Like so many business owners these devs dont seem to get that the best product is useless without proper marketing and sales.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #11
Stop mentioning me.

Because I have him in my ignore list and I don't want to read anything he has to say.
There are ulterior motives and ploys in everything he has to say about me.

@CeliahAiley Nothing ulterior, I promise. All up front and to your face <3

@CeliahAiley

Reply #12
I wish they were farther along before launch, but I cant say that I am unhappy in anyway.  But as a vet player I understand the game and I feel like newer players are still going to be lost and player retention is not going to happen. 

I hope they do not market this game in it's current state.

Reply #13
I cant understand there has been no announcement of a free period yet.
Like so many business owners these devs dont seem to get that the best product is useless without proper marketing and sales.

And you should also know that marketing is expensive and I don't think they have that much money to spend in marketing

Reply #14
For all intens and purposes, this is just a game. Some people invest more time and energy into then others do.

With that being said @CeliahAiley, a friendly advice to you. Don't take everything so personal. I know we briefly talked about this yesterday in Discord and I agreed with you, that it's hard not to get affected by what people say and do in this game. But you seem to think that EVERYONE is after you somehow.

This is absurd.

The only reason people "seem" to target you, is pure and simple psychology; You are an easy target. you instantly become incredibly affected and vocal when people are, in you're eyes, in the wrong. It's the exact same thing that happens with children in school. It's only fun as long and it provokes a reaction. And don't misunderstand me here, I'm not comparing you to a child by any means. it's just the same pattern I see in my daily life as a teacher.

Take a chill pill, relax, spend some time with your family, take a walk, enjoy life in general! We all know what you've done for this game in terms of creating content and PvP during InDev.

I hope you can take this as friendly advice and not harrasment.

Cheers!