Skip to main content

Topic: Can u make radar for pvp players? (Read 754 times) previous topic - next topic

Can u make radar for pvp players?
For example:
if I turn on radar mode - Can see at worldmap where is other players with radar mode on, but they can see me
(only race icon, without nickname)
24 Hours for turn it off.
Was Killed By Gm Marc, BigJo, Celiah Ailley

I will not create a new character, I'm an open person. If developers so hate me as a player and do not want to see in the game, I will respect their decision.

My spirit will rise from the graves and the world will understand that I was right.

Re: Can u make radar for pvp players?
Reply #1
I'm sure you can arrange with other like minded 'arena pvp' type players to congregate around certain areas for quick fights without asking Ub3rgames to waste development time on a shitty radar mechanic that will likely be abused by some hacker to ruin the game for everyone else.

Reply #2

Reply #3
Just use an alt to get all the locations of nearby players then

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Wtf

Reply #5
When I saw the title I thought you will suggest something like this:
In a certain radius of your, your clan and party mates' view (100m? need to balance) enemies will be visible on the minimap as red dots, like in some FPS games.

I don't like it personally, but as a concept of minimising these "- ENEMY ON THE LEFT!!!1 - WHICH LEFT???//" and increasing cooperation depth (more space in voice chat for useful information) - well, that idea can go further and be transformed into something useful and convenient, as teamplay improvement.
Anyway, players need some comfortable tools for teamplay anyway, voice chat is not a panacea. But yeah, this is not as hardcore as Darkfall should be. Not as convenient as Darkfall should be. Waypoint and beacon are enough. With a titles of course.

Just some thoughts, nevermind. Oh, and OP's suggestion is bad.
Funai Kanashimi in game.
Will re-sub only after watchtowers. See ya all in 2035 nerds.

Reply #6
The only thing they should add is a 360 degree UI like on Fortnite and some fps, so we can call where the enemy is

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
The only thing they should add is a 360 degree UI like on Fortnite and some fps, so we can call where the enemy is

like the ingame compass?
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #8
I mean this would only work if there was some sort of on/off pvp button where if you wanted to find pvp you could tick it etc and people would be able to see you obviously if you want to pve or just genuinely want to stay unknown then just leave it ticked "off" otherwise you couldnt just have a working radar system in a game like this the carebears will start riots, best to leave them be i can't take them all.
TRUE DON   1V1 2V2 3V3 FFA TOURNAMENT CHAMPION. Stickyback God. RETIRED.

If i am seriously out for you then you are a dead man walking.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBbl-cU_EgIDtdn2_XhqKA/videos PVPS

Reply #9
This idea was present in UW with the Champion buff, people who sacraficed a relic became a champion, receiving advantages but were visible on the world map, for those being part of a clan owning a relic.

I think that can be used here as well, but not like turn on/off PvP.. what's the point of that, people who farm would never turn it on, only those who want PvP only. Also it's a problem of a very low populated server, which we will probably have, let's hope those village timers keep PvP up at launch.

Other idea would be, regional monster drop buff, let's say clan meditation could be used to buff one spawn nearby of a clan holding, having doulbe droprates for an hour, but would activate after 10-15 minutes after it get's announced and visible on world map, so it's a double edged sword, you can farm but get farmed also. (We had this idea at Uprising at some point, but I think noone suggested it.)
  • Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:14:37 pm by Eilistraee
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #10

like the ingame compass?

something clearer

Reply #11
Great idea OP deserves a parade and medal.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #12
The problem is if people turn on radar with their alts.

Reply #13
Turn on radar mode
Your party of 10 other people hides nearby without radar mode.
? ? ? ?
Prozerg Profit

Reply #14
2018 stupid idea award goes to.....