33 (55.9%)
  • 25h
    17 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: January 17, 2018, 11:17:30 am

Topic: VCPs should be 11h not 25h. (Read 828 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VCPs should be 11h not 25h.
Reply #30
There's a definite lack of clan tools full stop.

And it's not clear yet when they will appear on the horizon: clan/alliance/blue quests set by clan leadership being for me an absolute must (along with allies being able to open city gates, tiered banking, clan leaders giving different ranks different authority levels - the list goes on).

Reply #31
in fact I think a large portion of the playerbase will live in starter cities for more than a month
If that ends up being what happens, it's gonna be pretty sad, and definitely not what Ub3rgames wanted.

But there's a definite lack of tools and supportive features for clans to leave starter areas with local banking.

A naive assumtion that there will be more new players than in-dev players. A clan with dedication farm most buildings in a week's time after launch, I wouldn't be surprised if Dagnamyr or other capitals would be fully build first 2-3 weeks.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #32
It's not so much the problem of building as it is maintaining.
It has been confirmed maintenance cost is going up, and we still don't have meditation sources outside starter areas except VCPs, and if the game is to have any success then VCPs are gonna be contested.

I'm all for contested VCPs and having good fights, but that's far from a reliable source of meditation for non-mainland holdings.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #33
I like the 11 hours timer, not too often and can happen twice a day so good for european and american player

Reply #34
I like the 11 hours timer, not too often and can happen twice a day so good for european and american player

I'm starting to think it sould be 9 or 10 hours.
NomeD Starwind -  NomeD Ivel

Reply #35

I'm starting to think it sould be 9 or 10 hours.

Agree, but dont know how building up the % will be, but in a localized world, you also get access to alot less content, so "to often" might no be a problem.

Reply #36
Once again - there is no place for timer based, not player controlled events in a sandbox game. Any form of timer is shit and does not fit into such environment. So by player controlled I definitely didn't mean players being able to set the timer (to keep the village always in their primetime). This involves timer so is as shit as current solution.

By player controlled I meant requirement of players involvement in certain activities that lead to village activation. Something like Levy Collector in UW. But not necessary PvE connected (no clue though what other activities could be taken into consideration). And definitely without any global information (on percentage or it being active for capture). So you can only see the percentage (work needed to activate) by looking at the village bindstone (thus giving advantage to local players).
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:03:39 pm by wildNothing

Reply #37
VCP's were supposed to have a reconquer mechanic which never made it in. Not sure if still on the table @Ub3rgames.

Reply #38
I see no reason for them not to be more frequent. Not until we have more aspects for territory control, meditation gain/resource, and pvp activities.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
Some of you are considering a ~10h timer, but I'd rather stick to the current format due to being able to control them. Remember, too many mandatory re-caps is a burden on players and burnout-fuel. We have been down this road before in previous games. Further more, something going live too frequently diminishes the PvP appeal - especially if the rewards get lowered (and they would, both in base reward and the effective removal of high bonus percentages of recaptures).

So again, stop just thinking about when something is available or not, also think of all these other factors tied to availability. When factored into your decision, you may not so keenly vote for lower timers any longer, when you comprehend the implications of shorter timers to the fullest extent.

Doubt me? Play the scenario out in your mind for a fast tracked several week period, you'll run into the problems I mentioned, and then some more that I did not bother to mention.
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:23:08 pm by Raap

Reply #40
Some of you are considering a ~10h timer, but I'd rather stick to the current format due to being able to control them. Remember, too many mandatory re-caps is a burden on players and burnout-fuel. We have been down this road before in previous games. Further more, something going live too frequently diminishes the PvP appeal - especially if the rewards get lowered (and they would, both in base reward and the effective removal of high bonus percentages of recaptures).

So again, stop just thinking about when something is available or not, also think of all these other factors tied to availability. When factored into your decision, you may not so keenly vote for lower timers any longer, when you comprehend the implications of shorter timers to the fullest extent.

Doubt me? Play the scenario out in your mind for a fast tracked several week period, you'll run into the problems I mentioned, and then some more that I did not bother to mention.

If the rewards were more like +% loot gain and skill gain, from mobs under watchtower, higher stat regen and bonuses from armors depending on number of villages around captured by your clan, and villages being recapable would mean you would have to hold your territory for optimum gains.

I simply think they shouldn't be tied to free item vouchers and more tied into other - territory control functions.

Pointless to even discuss it at this point though.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41

If the rewards were more like +% loot gain and skill gain, from mobs under watchtower, higher stat regen and bonuses from armors depending on number of villages around captured by your clan, and villages being recapable would mean you would have to hold your territory for optimum gains.

I simply think they shouldn't be tied to free item vouchers and more tied into other - territory control functions.

Pointless to even discuss it at this point though.
We internally discussed the purpose of villages to death, making them non-conquest related is what we ourselves would prefer. But as you say, no point discussing it, speaking to Ub3rgames is akin to speaking to a wall.

It's their game and livelihood. At some point I'll stop caring to even post about anything at all.

Reply #42
So here's a crazy idea. Have 2 control points per village, with opposing 25 hr timers and a bonus for 24/7 clans who can hold both concurrently.

Problem solved.

Reply #43
Another argument i have is that when we have the 25h timer, it might basically make us want to head over there and siege them essentially. Bringing clan boxes and tons of gear and players right? However if our sphere of influence gets **** on 2 or 3 days in a row most people wont bother to go anymore and there goes one of the only pvp features outside of sieging. I dont say this negatively but with 11h timers people will be more inclined to move around and check out other VCPs.

Totally agree with a lot of points in this thread though. Reducing rewards too much is dangerous and having something happen all the time increases the burn out factor. Thank you all for your thoughts and votes so far.