33 (55.9%)
  • 25h
    17 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: January 17, 2018, 11:17:30 am

Topic: VCPs should be 11h not 25h. (Read 827 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VCPs should be 11h not 25h.
Reply #15

Who knows, Raap, maybe you will get your med points from PvP when you go red and gank other players? But if you choose to ignore all the other available ways for gaining med points, that's your loss.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16

Who knows, Raap, maybe you will get your med points from PvP when you go red and gank other players? But if you choose to ignore all the other available ways for gaining med points, that's your loss.
You sure love beating dead horses.

Meditation gains on ganks is not implemented.
Alternative meditation gains are:
- Questing in NPC towns, non-repeatable and blue-only, reserved for those living in or near NPC towns.
- Dungeon dailies, only available in a portion of mainland dungeons, and giving insignificant amounts of clan meditation.
- Key chests and treasure maps, too unrealistic to be used as reliable clan meditation sources due to unstable drop rates and selective turn-in locations.

That's it. There is nothing else. So long as this remains true, villages are the absolutely sole way of retaining holdings for PvP clans. So long as this remains true, villages and conquest are completely linked. Mess with one, mess with both.

Reply #17

Only the ones you keep rolling out.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18

Only the ones you keep rolling out.
Stop trying to 'debate' things you have no first-hand experiences in or even have arguments for. You're the worst kind of toxic troll, the type that will kill another Darkfall game with your shortsighted vision.

Again, why try debate anything with you, the person who openly admitted to blindly #Like whatever @Ub3rgames pulls out of their arse.

[18:15:23] (Maejohl Legator): so whilst I might not always agree with a particular approach on an item I'll support it if it seems to fit into their global approach to the game

You have no credibility left in any discussion, everything you say stems out of one exclusively self-serving interest: You desire minimal competition in a Darkfall game and the best way to do it is by forcing people to play like you play; Mandatory tedious PvE chores only available in selective parts of the game world, parts you happen to reside within.

You are a clown not to be taken seriously, hopefully more people will notice this eventually.

Reply #19
And here I was playing nice then you have to get all angry and personal :(

You (not I) were the one who - once again - rolled out your dead horse on the VCP / PvP meditation issue. I then proceeded to help you beat it.

As for the quote of mine, it's fine with me. I might not agree with an approach the devs take on a particular point but if the devs then explain why they don't agree with me/others (as they always do, and in detail) and I see that it fits into part of a larger picture then I'll go with it. I'd rather focus on winning the war than being worried about whether or not I lose a particular battle within it.
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:28:13 pm by Maejohl

Reply #20
Anybody who can't see the problem with VCP's on a locked 25h rotation on a single server with the whole EU-NA server times issue is an idiot.

Both the EU & NA population need a shot at them during their primetime hours, and if one time zone population dips its going to negatively affect the other.

My suggestion ~~ make VCP's attackable with hammers to roll down the timer by 6'ish hours +/-. With a group min of 4 or more

This way if Clans have members logged on they can actively affect the timers for VCP's in their area.

• Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:46:57 pm by mezferic

Reply #21
Devs setting their heads for VCP should be recapturable and stackable rewards -> Easy implementation: Timer around 24h -> VCP not an entry point for PVP as devs still preach it, but who cares a this point -> Set timer to 25h, so timezone minority can't complain -> 23h would have done it at as well, but they brainstormed it and gave good reasons for 25h, so players see it's all logical and well thought ->This 25h will be a good bait for people to beat on and not see that LB, titles, free period, watch towers still not out yet

gl hf

Reply #22
VCPs are dumb and should be removed.

Put an npc in player holdings that allow SG's to make kill quests for mobs that are within a 3 km circle around the city to make player driven content and let clans decide priority mobs. Have a cap on the amount of quests that can be completed out of a city per day. Rewards of med points based on the difficulty of the mobs and whatever the SG decides to load on the npc.

Make harvesting and pvp quests available to be created by SGs as well that award med points to make all play styles viable for collecting med points.  Right now you have to be a pvper or a pve'er to earn med points leaving out the dedicated crafter/trader.

Player cities are next to useless at the moment basically all they are are banks near a place you like the pve.
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:14:35 pm by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let Her Blow!
Carl Brutananadilewski - SG of Mooninites

Reply #23
VCP's are the only thing folks do for clan med points right now because they are not that hard to get and the rewards are substantial. I have noticed more competition for them even in the NA time when I usually play lately- there are a few more folks around. Should the population increase at launch they will likely be hotly contested, and we will all end up trying out more of the other options available.

In a localised world I can see the argument for keeping them at the current timer system- it will allow for local conflict between clans without having to declare war etches everyone is grey near the VCP. And if you are NA and all the VCP's are in EU time, then you can always contest them on the weekend... and if you get one then EU has to wait until the next weekend to take it back.

I'm wiling to see how it works out at launch with a different pop and higher maintenance costs.

Reply #24
In localized world there is no reason for VCP's not go live more frequent, I'd say random between 6-10 hours for variety
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #25
You people fight over this for no reason. Anyone who has read the original roadmap can see for himself that villages should only be bonus med points sources for everyone. So, not tied to the conquest part of the game. What was there instead, was a variety of other activities that could offer med points. So the villages are fine. The problem is that we need more sources for a live and healthy server in the long run.

p.s. but that's for red clans, blues will gain lots from the quests for the first few months, giving Ub3r sufficient time to start making stuff!! But they will be permanently in crunch mode!!
Dunnin Dainstaff - Lux Arcana

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26

p.s. but that's for red clans, blues will gain lots from the quests for the first few months, giving Ub3r sufficient time to start making stuff!! But they will be permanently in crunch mode!!

False information. It is only for blue clans on mainland near racially aligned NPC towns, in other words, a very small portion of the player base. A small portion that certain people in favor of gutting villages are part of.

Reply #27
12 hours is too long - It seems odd timers may be the way to go, so it transitions from EU time into NA time - 9 - 7 - 5 hours?

So no one clan has 1 vcp on 'lock down" or is that what uber is going for?
NomeD Starwind -  NomeD Ivel

Reply #28

False information. It is only for blue clans on mainland near racially aligned NPC towns, in other words, a very small portion of the player base. A small portion that certain people in favor of gutting villages are part of.

small portion??? what??? how did you come to that conclusion??? Because I'd say less than 20% will be living on the 4 islands and a few holdings that are far from starter cities the first couple of months.. Not that I know it from somewhere, but I'd be really surprised if 1/3 of the pop lives out there..

in fact I think a large portion of the playerbase will live in starter cities for more than a month
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:46:37 pm by Dunnin
Dunnin Dainstaff - Lux Arcana

Reply #29
in fact I think a large portion of the playerbase will live in starter cities for more than a month
If that ends up being what happens, it's gonna be pretty sad, and definitely not what Ub3rgames wanted.

But there's a definite lack of tools and supportive features for clans to leave starter areas with local banking.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club