Skip to main content

Topic: Gambling Hall (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

Gambling Hall
They should put a building in each capital that has a bunch of slot mahcines in it. Gold sink and can attract gamblers.

• BlackSun
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Gambling Hall
Reply #1
yep i'm addicted

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
They should put a building in each capital that has a bunch of slot mahcines in it. Gold sink and can attract gamblers.

No, please, there was no such thing in the middle ages nor in any fantasy story; get rid of dumb junky electric guitar too (if still on, a dread even to try it).....Game Immersion, no Mickey Mouse sillyness.

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Reply #3
Take away my electric guitar emote and i quit!!

Reply #4

No, please, there was no such thing in the middle ages nor in any fantasy story; get rid of dumb junky electric guitar too (if still on, a dread even to try it).....Game Immersion, no Mickey Mouse sillyness.

Regards
HG
Yeah, people back in the middle ages were just busy with the daily magic grind, driving the FLOUTING warhulks and liked to shrink their mounts to fit into their backpack (which is somewhat invisible).  /sarcasm

No, I somewhat agree, I also saw gambling machines as a bit out of place (so are many other things) BUT something like a new model , an NPC/gnome sitting with <insert medieval gambling game> which would kinda have the functionality of a gambling machine would be a bit better.

Reply #5
Should be looked in to for player city customization.  Would need more then just slot machines, need roulette, keno, Yssam hold'em etc etc. Waitresses bringing drinks in skimpy outfits would be a plus....
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let Her Blow!
Carl Brutananadilewski - SG of Mooninites

Reply #6
I think gambling halls would be a great addition, also there should be special gambling machines ect for players to pick up and turn their city into a gambling den if they want. Imagine going to an ARAC clan where there are reds patrolling for anyone that might interrupt their gambling ring and a bunch of shady people playing slot machines, blackjack, poker and the ingame gwent like card game. Of course each npc city might have a gambling section but it would be nothing compared to the player ran ones.

Also adding things like a ship with a bank that players can live out of and more costlier one that has a bindstone and bank.
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:16:31 am by IsilithTehroth

Reply #7
why would they waste their time on shit that only 2% of the playerbase is going to interact with when they can do things that make it better for everyone

keep this garbage on the roa forum thanks

Reply #8
why would they waste their time on shit that only 2% of the playerbase is going to interact with when they can do things that make it better for everyone

keep this garbage on the roa forum thanks

Just because the elite "i want to pvp 24/7" crowd doesn't mean other wont also. Espcially the new players that will want to spend some time away from getting pked farming goblins and defending against vets.

The game needs fluff, features and content otherwise it will die just like ROA.

Reply #9
yeah, fluff is needed. But please make gamble games involve more than just a player and a machine. By this I mean that it would be better if one needed another player to play against. Games could be dice or cards. PvP for gentlemen!

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I want to be able to play pazaak in Shoal
LRM - Epoch

Reply #11
Also this could tie into the card system that was introduced in another topic. Could be complicated like hearthstone/MTG or simplistic. Monsters could drop different varients of their creature type with varying rarities and % rates based on that mob's difficulty.

IE Goblin scout could drop common 5%, uncommon 3%, rare 1% or mythic 0.1% of a goblin type card.
Goblin wild tribe would have higher drop rates. Also there could be quests that give particular cards as well as chances for a theme card for doing in game actions like harvesting a bush would have a chance for herb gathering themed card.

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Again depends on how/if housing changes are made, Ub3r wanted to have upgrading to a keep have 3 options current keep, tavern (which would have gaming elements) and a workshop.

Reply #13
I want to be able to play pazaak in Shoal

card game from kotor 1 right ?

Reply #14
I'm talking about a simple change using assets that already exist in the game. House slot machines already work, Just throw up a building in capital and put those in it. Minimum effort. Opens more content to players that is barely used at all.