Skip to main content

Topic: News on next patch! (Read 1712 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: News on next patch!
Reply #15
Remember that inDev is a soft-production server. We keep it at high uptime so that is is as meaningful as it can be.
QA involves a lot of crashes, both server and client, and that's not really comfortable for any player testing or providing feedback.

Funships confirmed.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #16

Reply #17
I am confused today is the 9th and this Friday is the is the 12th so if server goes down on the 24th and free period starts after the 12th, then there will be week and a half of free period at the very most and most likely just a week.

Reply #18
I am confused today is the 9th and this Friday is the is the 12th so if server goes down on the 24th and free period starts after the 12th, then there will be week and a half of free period at the very most and most likely just a week.

Yep and holdings transferring was supposed to be a big server war at the end of indev. Nobody is going to play free for a week to grind the whole time to be able to do shit to have it wiped right after. SOLID PLAN UB3R. I've actually lost most hype I had for this game recently. If servers arn't poppin at launch I'm out.

At this point they might as well hard wipe the server and give a free month for launch to get the servers as filled as possible. Wont happen though. RIP another darkfall.

Reply #19
At this point they might as well hard wipe the server and give a free month for launch to get the servers as filled as possible. Wont happen though. RIP another darkfall.
This would be a similar situation like RoA was in: Huge hype at release and the drop of population (Which happens to 99% of MMOs) will be interpreted by many people as "why are they leaving? game must be bad, i leave with them, game's ded!".

A "free month" after release just means:people use that for alts, spies and to troll around(also cheats and hack? who knows)...don't think that's a good idea without restrictions for free accounts.

The time-line feels way, way too rushed and close, to get an optimistic feeling though.
There should be at least 2-4 weeks of free period so people can look at many things even without maxed characters.

I still don't understand the expectation some people have who would like to do the server war as a totally new player, when it was clear that the vets will have pretty much maxed characters and tons of tons of resources. Front loading will help the new people, not enough to make a big difference but if you expect to "be a factor" within a week or few days....uh, yeah, pretty naive imho.

• Orti
  • [*][*]
Reply #20

Reply #21
HYPED!
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #22
Patch seems to be on track for this week end.
As planned, we've mostly finished our testing this evening and nothing catastrophic happened.
We still have a couple outstanding issues to fix, which makes tomorrow night the earliest.

Regarding the free trial, it is only meant as the "after" of the before/after we wanted to do with our two free periods.
We wished to have it last around 2 weeks, but we had to use some of our buffer time to preemptively tweak the title system based on feedback.
Not ideal, but that's why we gave ourselves that margin and posted the design ahead, just in case large changes needed to be done.

People have had 2 months to organize for the showdown. We will let the end of InDev run its course as planned.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #23
How can you take onboard feedback and adjust for something people dosnt have a grasp on? it isnt implemented yet. Was it again crymages that got their way?

BTW IM A CRYMAGE

Reply #24
Well that was the point. Some stuff people didn't get a grasp on had to be simplified.
For example, the two trueforge titles will be included in the normal titles, which required quite a rework, but it should streamline further the system.
With that and enchanting included, it means that a single title allows to craft the best item of a kind, not needing to take more.
The point of posting a full description of the system was to anticipate on these kind of things.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #25
Well that was the point. Some stuff people didn't get a grasp on had to be simplified.
For example, the two trueforge titles will be included in the normal titles, which required quite a rework, but it should streamline further the system.
With that and enchanting included, it means that a single title allows to craft the best item of a kind, not needing to take more.
The point of posting a full description of the system was to anticipate on these kind of things.
Any new ETA? I can see it's 2am France time - hang in there!
Duce Vonfossen in game.

Reply #26
If you are implementing any further alignment penalties, such as those to ARAC clans, please give us a day or two's notice so that we can clean our rosters.

Reply #27
If you are implementing any further alignment penalties, such as those to ARAC clans, please give us a day or two's notice so that we can clean our rosters.

You guys have reds in your clan? :O