Skip to main content

Topic: Clans should not be able to race mix AT ALL it's bad for the game (Read 2092 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clans should not be able to race mix AT ALL it's bad for the game
Reply #15
Add limitation or encourage races to only their respective holding's race type too LOL...like 4x med costs to hold a city not matching clan's race?  Same for any holding for ARAC.
According to Ub3r, when building a Holding, the owning Clan can use any architecture they like.

Reply #16
I suggested this earlier as well. Current red penalties does nothing to solve the problem. If you want clan on clan racial warfare it needs to be hardcoded into the game.
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:59:02 pm by NeroImperitus

Reply #17
ARACs need to nerf to the maximum ground .. Outlaws ..not gray but perma red to every race and every OTHER ARAC (can have neutral policy to other aracs).. thats the meaning of Outlaws.

Chaos Cities have to become Outlaw Outposts who get permanent attacked by racial clans .. when there are racial clans who attack aracs other racial clans from other races have a reason to be there as well...

The Markets at the Chaos Cities would become a kind of Black Market System ARACs .. special land-naval trade-routsystem .. etc etc
so logistics are a factor tool.

if you wash out this system nothing will happen. These things in combination with the Commission Points (point 12) maximum win!

..next step is.:

Engagement system step 2 and anti griefing fixes

The engagement system will allow the game to identify when players were involved in a battle and reward or punish them accordingly. It will complement the alignment system to enforce the land rules; all misdeeds will have consequences.

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/roadmap/
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #18
Seems kinda odd ya'll wanna make the ones who just wanna be friends with everyone the evilest evil of the game. IMO you racists should be punished, not us friendly foke.

Reply #19
I found the "forced faction PvP" in DAoC to be good for building instant rapport with teammates.  Kind of like being on a football/soccer team... even if you didn't like a teammate , you at least knew for sure that you were working towards the same goal.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm 100% for the idea, but I certainly think it should be given some serious thought.

Edit:  note that you couldn't hit your own teammates in DAoC.  Even with Forced Factions, in DND there would be the occasional asshole "playing for the other team".
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:31:41 pm by Rimamok

Reply #20
I found the "forced faction PvP" in DAoC to be good for building instant rapport with teammates.  Kind of like being on a football/soccer team... even if you didn't like a teammate , you at least knew for sure that you were working towards the same goal.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm 100% for the idea, but I certainly think it should be given some serious thought.

Edit:  note that you couldn't hit your own teammates in DAoC.  Even with Forced Factions, in DND there would be the occasional asshole "playing for the other team".
Yeah DAoC is a good example or most of the games with faction based PvP. Yes, also WoW, most should know that the faction pride is pretty important to a good chunk of players (at least back when I played).

This is just another feeling, if you actually care for your side, not only your clan and friends but also for the fellow racial alliance, to crush the dirty evil smelly ugly alfar!

It has not much to do with roleplay, but to know who is the enemy by default, is just something different than "everyone could by my friend and enemy, yay identity, which race am I again?"

But it is also more of a question if DF actually SHOULD be this "restricting". What would the game win and what lose?

Reply #21
But it is also more of a question if DF actually SHOULD be this "restricting". What would the game win and what lose?

Honestly, combat is the main point that most vets would agree is remarkable about Darkfall.  The faction system was never compelling, and often very criticized.  I think a complete overhaul of the system is warranted.  Hopefully in a different direction than ROA, which doesn't seem very compelling.

Reply #22
I disagree

I think ARAC is a good thing to give the game a bit of diversity / flex.

The choice to go ARAC is already pretty harsh and i'm sure as more content comes down the line there will be even less of an incentive to be ARAC

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
I may have missed some patch notes, but not much has changed (currently) with respect to ARAC clans come launch.

Now the race war game mechanics still exist, just as they existed in DF0 2009-2012.

What do you suppose the reason is, that players decided to abandon the race war concept back then ?

And with some changes to ARAC clans that Ub3games intends to add after launch, will those changes
bring a huge incentive to embrace race wars, or, is there a strong possibility that whatever changes are made
to ARAC clans in this iteration, will really be of no consequence, and in a year from now, ARAC clans will again be the norm ?

It will be interesting to see how race wars pans out this time.

Reply #24
Changes about alignment so far:
* positive alignment goes up to +12 instead of +10 (actually benefits shady play)
* if you're blue and did not do any shady stuff you get better rewards from quests (would mean something if 4 big islands had dungeon quests)
* praying becomes more expensive every time you do it (permanently)
* healing/buffing an enemy player flags you rogue

So all in all, not much has changed.

Only thing we can be hopeful about is Ub3r's stance that they want racial wars to be a thing. Question is - when.

PS it is possible I missed something
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
looting a player that's blue to you flags you rogue and you lose 4 alignment
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #26
agree
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Disagree

Reply #28
I'm just easily confused, and moreso when i'm drunk. In the old game during a siege i'd spend the first 10 minutes standing there trying to figure out who was on my team and who wasn't. Then a friendly would run up and kill me and uh oh, he wasn't a friendly.

Making things divided along racial lines/teams (or colours, fuck games with colours that are identical on opposite teams) would make it easier to fight for those of us that don't game sober. I agree with the proposal. If i wanted a spreadsheet to tell who was on my team and who wasn't, i'd open up microsoft excel and do my taxes. Hint: the government isn't on my team.

Reply #29
Let's take out full loot as well, losing your hard earned items can really poopoo on player experience.
Also let's level up characters instead of grinding each spell and skill.
Oh and respawnable mounts that don't die that you can collect like pokemon.
Just take out wardecs and sieges. It's not fair people can take over your city that you spent time to build.

Fuck Sandbox.
Nobody wants a sandbox.
Where you can do what you want.
Where a bully can come and smash the sand castle you spent recess building.

@ub3rgames Give us world of warcraft!
Say It with me kids!
Don't be daft, give us Warcraft!
Don't be daft, give us Warcraft!