Skip to main content

Topic: Delay the release (Read 3416 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Delay the release
Reply #15
Don't expect them to read the forums or respond. They've already bailed with their cash.

Reply #16
It's funny, 10 years on from DF1 release, the same old people writing the same old crap on the forums.

So much crying.  HTFU and support the game rather than emulating Forumfall 1.0 and just writing negative shit here and then wondering why people take one look and walk away.

Criticise sure, but at least be constructive. Some of the crap written here like the post above, just makes me wonder why some people are even here. Grow up for Christs sake.

Reply #17
Wow, so many expert game developers in one thread.

It's quite obvious the game isn't in a state to launch for success, they simply run out of money and are going to chance the strategy of 'doing it live'.

Not money 'time'

A few games with basically the same rule set, full loot open world pvp are set to soft launch in 18'. About as close to now or never for them

Reply #18

It's quite obvious the game isn't in a state to launch for success, they simply run out of money and are going to chance the strategy of 'doing it live'.

Not money 'time'

A few games with basically the same rule set, full loot open world pvp are set to soft launch in 18'. About as close to now or never for them
What games?

Reply #19
Watched enough games launch and failed over my life that its just common sense at this point. Same shit happened to every single one of them lol...

you have a good choice in games.... lmao
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #20
Watched enough games launch and failed over my life that its just common sense at this point. Same shit happened to every single one of them lol...

Pretty sure hes talking about the 3 iterations of Darkfall ya pleb.

Reply #21
rawrgasm, your sig.   you meant "melee edition," right?

Reply #22
lolable op, like they will fix it in 2 to 4 weeks, these things take much longer time.

Reply #23

Not money 'time'

What games?

Amazon's New World - the video leaked looks like DF colonial times with updated graphics, people are losing their fucking minds over it.
Crowfall launches in late 2018
Rust fantasy project soft launches
EFT will be linking their maps in 2018 and while not like the others, the full loot ultra real shooter is the closest thing I've played that felt like DF.

Just to name a few. RoA is trash but probably hits steam in 2018, things are going to get crowded for a full loot open world fan

Edit- EFT (escape from tarkov) should not be underestimated even though it's not fantasy/conquest.
  • Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:40:00 pm by mezferic

Reply #24
Hey guys, Midnight Nation here.

TL:DR(Delay launch)

Firstly, i want to say i pre purchased this game on the assumption that we would have some new and interesting content and a 'different vision' of the game. After logging in last night for several hours to gauge the games progression from the roadmap i have to say that this game should absolutely be delayed several months. From my understanding sieges are the exact same, theres no champion spawns, tradepacking is worthless and theres no seatowers and/or theyre worthless. The village control point timers have been increased to 25h meaning there is even less things to look forward to going to especially for your average player.

I also haven't seen a single advertisement or review and i was told you are not doing a steam release. For whatever reason the map is the same size as ever but we have no fast travel so now it takes exponentially longer to move around and discourages players from exploring. Racial wars doesn't seem to be implemented in any way that impacts the game even remotely. What is different? No fast travel and local banks and local markets?

With all that said, good job on the tools/loot all/spawn scaling, please add buff timers/a map with filters(clutter me timbers) and a political map. Cheers and much love.

Reply #25

what? hehe xd?

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Delete this thread. I don't care what state the game will be in. I've had enough of playing Pubg, Rust, ROA, FM18 and all the other games that are not as fun as DnD.

RELEASE THE GAME ON TIME!

January 26, 2018

Reply #27
If someone is interested, ub3r posted something related to "launch too eary" 2 months ago

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,6569.msg104026.html#msg104026

TL;DR: Release only IF the title system and local banking is really bug free, without any of those, please do not release! The risk is already terribly high with the "soft-launch" release and no marketing....

In my opinion:
IF both the title system and the local banking is really(!) ready to be implemented, do it before release.
If not, please for the love of baguettes, do not release it, those are very important features which implemented afterwards would piss many people off and most likely create more problems.

They planned this soft-launch strategy some time ago and said multiple times, that it is important to have the basic big features in, release and add in more and polish in the following months.

About the marketing, it seems that it changed, I think I can remember 1-2 years ago, they said that marketing will start pre release, but well, things can change,
I would much rather see the release, really be able to play without a wipe, pray that the game can live up to the promises (which are high).

THEN, knowing it is ready to be really marketed to new people, get more people in, to not only balance out the quitting players in the first months (hopefully! not weeks like RoA) but also make sure that the game is just better than it was at release.

I bet there will be flaws at release, server issues whatever, having a hyped up game with an awesome population does not help if the game is not ready (RoA.....)

But what I find bad is the watchtowers and caravans. Watchtowers were something like a warning for every clan that a siege is maybe upon them, so they could not only prepare, but also re-organize their banks for the case that they lose the holding. The banking "lock" after siege is something I still find somewhat ugly.

The caravans is something that sounds pretty important, especially for the very first weeks, when every clan is about to use hundreds of building modules and everyone needs to skill up (crafting mats are heavy).
I totally like the idea of local banking but the logistics without really having options is somewhat strange for a sandbox. Still, I would much rather see release with the banking and titles (no game breaking bugs obviously).

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
I guess they've completely redesigned everything under the hood so it runs better, and it shows honestly. If it makes then code even 25% faster than if they hadn't, its a huge improvement.

I want to see a new UI and free placed housing and city building.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #29
I'm gonna owe a friend a new AAA fullpriced game if they launch on schedule. Please, for the sake of the game - delay by two weeks. Fuck you ceejay darklips (some of you might know her, if not idc), i'll do anything to welch on our bet. Side rant - being released this month and you *still* haven't implemented local banking? Ubergames - you owe me a full priced AAA game (payable to ceejay). I was betting on you! Fuck!