Skip to main content

Topic: Delay the release (Read 3000 times) previous topic - next topic

Delay the release
Ubergames : If you cant do it DELAY this release ! ! !

I would prefer  wait 2 or 4 week than have broken release

Re: Delay the release
Reply #1
The game needs to be delayed for at least a couple more months until they can introduce content that has never been in the game before, else they will suffer the same fate as ROA. Patching and promising these huge content/feature updates after launch is not a good sign and eventually people will get bored of waiting for something substantial to change and quit.

Reply #2
The game needs to be delayed for at least a couple more months until they can introduce content that has never been in the game before, else they will suffer the same fate as ROA. Patching and promising these huge content/feature updates after launch is not a good sign and eventually people will get bored of waiting for something substantial to change and quit.
They already have introduced content that has never been in the game before. And are about to introduce more content that's never been in the game before (and yes, before launch).

As for more new content, new players to Darkfall don't need new content: the game has many months of content as it is (and as it was in DFO 2009). As for us vets, there's plenty of new stuff to be getting to grips with. And in the month or two that it takes for us to work through things, the devs will be working on yet more new content.

But guaranteed there will always be unhappy forumfallers. That's something that will never change.

Reply #3
Just never release the game

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
They already have introduced content that has never been in the game before. And are about to introduce more content that's never been in the game before (and yes, before launch).

As for more new content, new players to Darkfall don't need new content: the game has many months of content as it is (and as it was in DFO 2009). As for us vets, there's plenty of new stuff to be getting to grips with. And in the month or two that it takes for us to work through things, the devs will be working on yet more new content.

But guaranteed there will always be unhappy forumfallers. That's something that will never change.

You've paid more attnetion than I... Will you list the content for us.

Biggest thing I've noticed is local banking (soon) which will give every activity a purpose (until you fill every bank to the briml
twitch.tv/KenMan

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Greetings,

Ubergames, if you think you are ready, release at scheduled date, if more time is needed,  no big deal, delay, nothing bad happens.

Regards
Hg
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Reply #6
Just launch who cares, so long as they update at least as frequently the game will feel like it is moving forward. There is no way I'll bother playing currently but if the game was launched even in this state I'd log in from time to time even in maintenance mode to keep holdings alive and progress slowly. Its disappointing that we are only where we are but its only forward from here. So long as there is nothing game breaking, lets get on with it.

Reply #7
It needs 2-3 more months to polish everything off. With such big patches coming in untested to the public there will be exploits and game breaking bugs no doubt and the games economy will be fucked from the get go.

07/01/2018 quote me when it does

Reply #8
For those considering we may be launching too soon: It is more likely that we are releasing too late.
Early access blues is very much a thing we have to contend with and we need to limit its impact on the game.

We went off-script and feature creeped as long as we could, and we might have continued too if left unchecked.
However, winter is the best time to launch and the "one more feature" mentality has its limits when it comes to keeping people hyped or having good time windows.
So a few months back we stopped doing bonus additions and switched to the core features for release.

There are hundreds of features and changes we want to make, but keeping an indefinite InDev phase would be a disservice to the game's potential.
The game will be in continued development for years to come. Release is just the start of the permanent world.

We now have a strong foundation, even InDev saw stability and growth despite its temporary status.
We're nearly done with all the "boring" time consuming overhauls that would drag down momentum in a live environment.
When we combine that with a permanent world without a wipe looming, it is time to switch to the final world.

I got a feeling there might be like a week delay of launch.  Just a gut feeling.
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:19:29 pm by Mordisk

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
delay for 2 more years and do things right

Reply #10
I sincerely hope for the success of this project that launch gets delayed. It is painfully clear that the game in its current state is not ready to be marketed to a new audience nor released.

And to anyone who believes that Ub3r should launch before implementing and thoroughly testing the fundamental cornerstone features of their roadmap that is still missing remember this: 90% of the MMO's ever to do a "soft launch" while in an unfinished state all ended in disaster, dying off within the first 6 months - year of release. There are very few success stories of an MMO launching with key feautures missing and still surviving
  • Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:51:57 pm by NeroImperitus

Reply #11
Wow, so many expert game developers in one thread.

Reply #12
Watched enough games launch and failed over my life that its just common sense at this point. Same shit happened to every single one of them lol...

Reply #13

It's quite obvious the game isn't in a state to launch for success, they simply run out of money and are going to chance the strategy of 'doing it live'.

Reply #14
Like this game ever will be in a launchable state...
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."