Skip to main content

Topic: Why was the gathering grind increased? (Read 1473 times) previous topic - next topic

• Mycke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Why was the gathering grind increased?
Reply #30
There are more people who actually like harvesting and processing than the average PvPer realizes, but its the usual 'I think its boring thus so must every other human because I cant imagine anyone wouldn't be just like me'

Reply #31
No they aren't, they're not changing the way the game is played, just how much you can do. The game is literally exactly the same except you need 8+? accounts to do what you could on 1.
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:43:06 pm by heliumbox

Reply #32
If 10% of the "crafting/gathering" population that we're supposedly somehow getting sticks I'd be amazed. They're going to get shit on constantly, lose tons and tons of mats with zero chance of defending them(thanks titles). If crafters think they're going to be able to charge a high enough mark up to justify hiring mercenaries you're fooling yourselves. This game, like nearly every other game before it, will have a wash market on nearly every item due to undercutting with just a few recopies being worth a damn and profitable. Finding the gear you want on a market that you actually have to travel to just to see what is on it is going to turn into more than half of the game.

Walking on foot because you died and are naked with no mounts in local bank is going to be amazingly boring. My first month is going to be dropping 2 mounts in every bank I pass....

It is going to be easier to use an alt(s) to craft for yourself than buy anything. The argument that its not as efficient is redic, your getting more production in the same time. Crafting is a 90% afk activity anyways and doesn't seem to be changing. When you move, move your alt with you, buy new mats, craft what you want and not whats available. If the alt population is less than 30% I'd be blown away.

The Idea between local banking is that you will stay in a delimited area. Let's say you start in a holding, all your surrounding will be your money maker if I can say that. You might not have everything you need in your local area. (im thinking mostly rare materials like thick leather for example) That's where the seller is important, if he is kinda intelligent he will make the trip to an area where the resource he has in stock lack in this particular area. At least I see it like that, but it might not happen. This game is a conquest game, you start small, you expand (or not, depending on your objectives) and your surrouding becomes your all day "fun".

Lot of people see local banking as a bad feature, but you gotta understand that if we have enough population to sustain the local banking (we don't need 30k people like on Eve online), it can become really interesting. Interesting regarding politic, economy and conquest.
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:03:54 pm by guirssane

• Moira
  • [*][*]
Reply #33
Also lets not kid ourselves, this game has "darkfall" in the title, we're not going to get a high pop until the game looks nothing like darkfall.

If it would be a totally new game one day with no connection to the Darkfall universe, well, then I can also play another game...  :(
Is that the game that you would accept to play, for the sake of a higher population?

PS: I didn't want to appear bold in my last message and I apologize for that.
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:18:08 pm by Moira

I speak German, English and French.

Reply #34
Anyone who thinks they know how gathering/alt/crafting is going to work out in DnD is full of hubris.

The changes are significant enough that what emerges is affected by too many dynamic factors that feedback on themselves as to be not predictable.

Actually some of us have been practicing... harvesting large amounts of mats in remote locations and convoying them to a bank. The server is quiet so the risk is low, but it is not very time consuming, and with a larger pop we will just take more folks as guards and see how it goes. And for us crafters etc, a run with 20K raw mats is pretty exciting, given that we could lose it all... that's what gives us a kick. If it's not your thing that's fine, let us do it, you can get gold and we will sell to you.

Oh and our guys who are doing this have been doing it for all of InDev and no, we are not bored.

Reply #35
Anyone who thinks they know how gathering/alt/crafting is going to work out in DnD is full of hubris.

The changes are significant enough that what emerges is affected by too many dynamic factors that feedback on themselves as to be not predictable.

Actually some of us have been practicing... harvesting large amounts of mats in remote locations and convoying them to a bank. The server is quiet so the risk is low, but it is not very time consuming, and with a larger pop we will just take more folks as guards and see how it goes. And for us crafters etc, a run with 20K raw mats is pretty exciting, given that we could lose it all... that's what gives us a kick. If it's not your thing that's fine, let us do it, you can get gold and we will sell to you.

Oh and our guys who are doing this have been doing it for all of InDev and no, we are not bored.

Such a clown statement.

In all of alfar lands (and yes i tested) there is only a small area where you are getting above 30-40 except for one tiny section where their heat map doesnt overlap and allows 50s per node. Much of the land is giving less then 20, which was supposed to be the base remember? the OP isn't asking about the farthest reaches of the world map.

The radius effects on the amount per node on areas with more then 1 bank is too much. The whole idea is to make the game enjoyable for a larger % of people, not the 5 guys still gathering in the Beta

Reply #36
bloody hate farming, better not make me have to grind hard for a decent character ive only done it a billion times in about 70 different versions of darkfall....mugs
TRUE DON   1V1 2V2 3V3 FFA TOURNAMENT WINNER/FINALIST. Stickyback God. RETIRED.

If i am seriously out for you then you are a dead man walking.

Reply #37

Such a clown statement.

In all of alfar lands (and yes i tested) there is only a small area where you are getting above 30-40 except for one tiny section where their heat map doesnt overlap and allows 50s per node. Much of the land is giving less then 20, which was supposed to be the base remember? the OP isn't asking about the farthest reaches of the world map.

The radius effects on the amount per node on areas with more then 1 bank is too much. The whole idea is to make the game enjoyable for a larger % of people, not the 5 guys still gathering in the Beta

Alfar lands suck for harvesting- that is the tradeoff for being able to kill almost everyone. In the spots we are harvesting, we are getting 180 per node- with titles maxed out it will be 300 per node.

Risk vs reward.. you pick the PK option and your harvesting sucks. Sounds like the system is working.

Reply #38
bloody hate farming, better not make me have to grind hard for a decent character ive only done it a billion times in about 70 different versions of darkfall....mugs

Then don't harvest. PVP and PVE and buy stuff from traders. Step out of the old meta.

Reply #39

Alfar lands suck for harvesting- that is the tradeoff for being able to kill almost everyone. In the spots we are harvesting, we are getting 180 per node- with titles maxed out it will be 300 per node.

Risk vs reward.. you pick the PK option and your harvesting sucks. Sounds like the system is working.

You are so full of shit. Please point on the map where on the mainland you are getting 180 per node.

And human lands are actually worse then alfar lands, that was just an example. This is how it's going to go at launch- New people start posting "wtf's" and either Ub3rgames changes it or they quit and were back to the same 5 clowns like Tolbin who think the current system is amazing.

Reply #40
Actually, you are demonstrating your lack of knowledge about the current map. I know several places not to far from Alfar lands that give more than 120 per node- I've harvested them myself. And yes, the very best places are not on the mainland. And no, I am not going to tell you where. Play the game and find out for yourself.

You are a nasty troll who has no clue about how the current system works.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Why was the gathering grind increased?

Alt2Win

Reply #42
Actually, you are demonstrating your lack of knowledge about the current map. I know several places not to far from Alfar lands that give more than 120 per node- I've harvested them myself. And yes, the very best places are not on the mainland. And no, I am not going to tell you where. Play the game and find out for yourself.

Just what i thought, the answer is "NO" for the mainland.

FYI- skull island and the chaos city on Ruby's east side isn't the mainland. If correcting bullshit posts on this forum makes me a troll I'm cool with that lol

Reply #43
How dare the devs make players leave the safety of their holdings and NPC cities to gather more materials @mezferic. Amirite?

Reply #44

Just what i thought, the answer is "NO" for the mainland.

FYI- skull island and the chaos city on Ruby's east side isn't the mainland. If correcting bullshit posts on this forum makes me a troll I'm cool with that lol
You're wrong. I've been playing properly for 2 weeks and have found 3 places already on the mainland in my racial area. L2explore