Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: About Titles (Read 23673 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: About Titles
Reply #825
i don't like the fact that i can't at least have one craft if i use my 5 titles for combat

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #826
But thats your choice.
You can pick 4 combat titles and a craft, or 3 combat and 2 craft.
Its a matter of how gimp you want to be.

Gotta love player choice and diversity

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #827
Tell me honestly maejohl, are you planning on taking a crafting title?
If so, what other titles are you running for combat and which crafting title.

If not, then you understand that combat is important to a lot of people and not picking an optimal setup (for your playstyle) is detrimental.
If you are, you may still understand it...but you clearly dont feel the same in your heart of hearts.

Reply #828

If not, then you understand that combat is important to a lot of people and not picking an optimal setup (for your playstyle) is detrimental.
If you are, you may still understand it...but you clearly dont feel the same in your heart of hearts.

I'm taking 4 combat and one industry.  But then I'm not all about the PvP. As many aren't.

Which is kindof the point, no?

So much mea culpa and wringing of hands about people not being able to be PvP gods and craft some shit.

If people feel the need to be only PvP that's great - many in our clan are doing this, and it's a great thing to go for. Just don't come here asking "Please sir, can I have some more?" when that's not the point of these changes.

As for whether this all works mid-term, who knows. I get that it's frustrating for many. But once the patch hits (and maybe they drop a 6th title for people to add an industry title to their name (or would it be another combat title... hmmm) we can see how it goes.

We are where we are. Would that we were here 6 months ago? Of course. But let's face facts. DND needs to launch for whatever reason. Mebbe let's make the best fist of it and move on from there.

Or not.
  • Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:46:00 pm by Maejohl

Reply #829
But thats your choice.
You can pick 4 combat titles and a craft, or 3 combat and 2 craft.
Its a matter of how gimp you want to be.

Gotta love player choice and diversity

gimping myself is exactly the problem, if i choose to don't gimp myself then the only activities for me in game will be to kill mobs or others players, doesn't look like really sandboxy from my point of view. one title reserved for craft only would have been better for players to have various activities without feeling gimped.

Reply #830

I mean its no different to taking a combo title, allowing free crafting titles gimps hybrids even more than they already have been.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #831
gimping myself is exactly the problem, if i choose to don't gimp myself then the only activities for me in game will be to kill mobs or others players, doesn't look like really sandboxy from my point of view. one title reserved for craft only would have been better for players to have various activities without feeling gimped.

Having acess to everything without restrictions is not sandbox at all, in the countrary, is just 1 build forcefully created by merging different subbuilds (pve, pvp, and crafting). No limits mean you force everyone into this build to compete.
In my book sandbox mean risk vs reward and freedom to be what you want with bonuses and maluses, so mediocre in everything or good in one field and crap in another.
Also if you max your titles using all your slots and having extra for crafting you remove the need to trade and the auction house will be just an empty useless tools. Remember that we have local banks and resources so we need dedicated crafters to fill the offer and demand.

Also i'm wondering where you guys find all this time during the day to do pve, pvp and crafting, i'm happy that finally crafting can be something that dedicated crafters can do for the sake of everyone while i can spend my small free time pvping and leveling my skills and with the money i gain from such activities buy gear from crafters.
  • Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:04:16 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #832
I personally dont even care about crafting, ive never done it in DFO (aside from leveling maintance skill, yay cloth pants).
No matter how you slice it, the combat was already without solid foundation with all the changes and this is taking things up a few notches more.

The swings in balance, which will happen, will force people to not only swap playstyles untill the next patch, it now also includes a waiting time before its even unlocked its potential.

Reply #833
There needs to be limitations to make the world thrive and for customization. Personally I think a skill point allottment would have been better and hope the titles will be balanced, but it will definately diversify the game. They just need to add more content, features and sandbox stuff to the game.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #834
@Ub3rgames
How long will it take for the tailoring title to get to the level of leather armour? The one at 50 tailoring skill. That's the first full leather set. Please don't even try to say 2 weeks...

Reply #835
@Ub3rgames
How long will it take for the tailoring title to get to the level of leather armour? The one at 50 tailoring skill. That's the first full leather set. Please don't even try to say 2 weeks...
They said it's gonna be frontloaded... I expect a week to craft skill 50 stuff (Scale, Leather, R20 weapons)
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #836
Maybe it's just me, but there are a few Industry Crafting Titles that seem to be a bit underwhelming
compared to the rest of the crafting titles but requires it's own Title slot.

• Skinning
  • Digging/Fishing/Cooking
  • Construction

Skinning:
Can you skin a mob grave without this title, but with the title you get higher yields or more rares ?
Is that how it works ?

Digging/Fishing/Cooking:
I get the fishing & cooking being together, but who really digs anything unless you have a treasure map ?
Unless with the Digging title, you get more items when you dig in any random area without following a TM.
Any upcoming perks to be added for a dedicated digger ?   :)

Construction:

Obviously Building Mods are a needed commodity for a period of time,
what about Strongboxes now that we have Mount Cargo boxes ?

Will there be a demand for Personal/Party/Clan Strongboxes you think ?
Shock Charges, were they really of any use on a ship, did people use them, and were they effective ?

Repair Shards, I guess they will still be needed for ship repairs.
Has the repair tool been removed as all other tools have ?

All items related to player flags and Fun Hulks....... ?
I may be wrong, but I'n not sure there will be a huge demand really for any of those things, or maybe I'm wrong.

The last 3 items are related to a players house, but not sure at this time or even in the future,
the demand for housing and housing items.

It just seems that Construction could have very well have been rolled up in another Industry title like Woodcutting, instead of needing it's own title.

Just my thoughts

• Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:53:48 pm by Morad

Reply #837
Maybe construction will be needed for watchtowers or something in the future. I think it'd be cool to have a combat engineer build possible. Someone who has to actively craft or repair during a siege or raid.

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #838
I can see Watch Towers needing Building Mods as part of it's construction, but once placed,if destroyed,
would it not be treated like any other Holding component that has been damaged and needing to be
repaired with repair shards ?

Unlike Weapons & Armor, the demand for build mods is really a short term need.
Once all Holdings have all buildings built, there is not going to be a huge demand for them.
Unless there is a continued need for Strongboxes and Shock Charges.

As far as Fun Hulks and flags, the only people who really ever used Fun Hulks,
was the occasional pudknucker using them as a fork lift to transport an afk crafter from an NPC city to the nearest goblin spawn.  lol
They will still buy them.

It just seems that the Construction Title needs a bit of love if it's going to have it's own title.
  • Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:47:11 pm by Morad

Reply #839
They are going to be adding more siege elements like siege camps to turn sieges from 3 hour fight fests to multi day campaigns