Skip to main content

Recent Posts

It's failed ub3r logic! The ability to spawn at closest bindstone by default isnt a good feature and is counter productive of what they trying to achieve in terms of territorial control, guerilla warfare etc...

Troop commitment is to actually choose where you want to commit to and not be forced by design to respawn next to your grave so you can gear right up again because your force is strong or zergy enough to hold the spot. If you want that ability commit there and bind.

They have weighted the ability to hit an enemy away from home more than being able to fend him off your own territory, for example by attrition. Basically they have sacrificed the ability to rid your territory of a big enemy that didnt really commit to stay there, but can, or have to, do so by design.

Its more likely that you want to hit your enemy where they are, especially if in your lands, and not go hit them where they arent! Like "shit big force on Ruby, lets go throw some spikes at their holding on Niffleheim while they're not home, that will teach em!"

The current feature is at best a decent option for PvE deaths, but for PvP it really dosnt make any sense at all

General Discussion / Re: Subscription plan delayed a bit.
Last post by KevinDL -
We have indeed chosen to give extra time to all accounts.
We realize the start has been a bit rough and confusing regarding what the launch was aimed to be.

While those who followed closely the project knew it was supposed to be the minimum for a wipe with the rest coming post launch, those who didn't play InDev expected the whole roadmap to be in. We have also dropped the ball on magic and the watchtowers.
Even if there wasn't really much of a demand for such an action, we wanted to soften the blow and be fair with our customers.

On another note:
The website does lack the ability to tell when your subscription is running out, which doesn't help alleviate the confusion.
We'd like to improve the information given there so people aren't surprised anymore.

It's good time to bring your friends and try out the game. It is still an amazing value when compared to many recent "AAA" games like Sea of Thieves lol.. If they had a marketing team, they could have broaden the player base with early acess, season pass etc. The proposition is very different when there  is no fear of wipe.  IMO when 90% of the players quit this type of game after few months why bother with subscription...go buy2play B2P from day 1.

Let's break this down....

DND Value

Subjective.  Some people really like Sea of Thieves despite the games shortcomings / lack of content... just as some like DND despite the games shortcomings / lack of content.  Actually now that I think about it both games seem to suffer from the same issues in regards to lack of content and tedium... so the only benefit DND has right now is the game is fairly cheap to get into.  That is until they begin taking subscription money.

Marketing Team

What money are they going to pay these people with?  People don't work for free.  Anyone that would do this work just because they like the game is a dumbass.

Advertising

Do you have any idea how much this actually costs?  Ad money is spent when a company believes the ads will bring in more money than the ad itself cost.  With how shitty the games retention rate is (And was even before DND) they are more likely to spend more money on the ads than what the ads bring in. 

Early Access

Bad Steam reviews kill Early Access titles, and you only get one chance at a good first impression.  Launching on Steam now would ruin their chance at success later down the road if they ever turn DND into a decent MMO (That means more than 1 / 10th of the people that try the game stick around longer than 1 - 2 months).

Season Pass

Developing content for a "season pass" would take time and effort they cannot spare.  What the fuck would you offer people? DND isn't CS:GO / DoTA where that type of content is easily injected into the game.

B2P

While this could have worked if they had planned for it from the start... they didn't.  This shift in business model would require a lot of man hours due to the amount of work required to have a functioning yet balanced cash shop that would allow the game to make money after people buy in. 

---------------------------------

While @Blackmeat Bonekiller may not express himself or his thoughts in the best way possible most of the time there is little fault in his logic within this particular topic.  Would DND having a more complete "vision" help?  Sure it would... but at the same time there are enough stupid mechanics in the game that most casual players wouldn't play for long. 

-------------------------

Since we are on "free time" I certainly hope that when they do start the clock on sub time that I still have those 6 - 7 months I paid for.  I'd hate for only those who had a sub time run out to be benefiting from this.  I may not be playing right now because the game is a PoS much like Sea of Thieves... but if they ever save this sinking ship I'd want to return and check things out.

Off-Topic Discussions / Re: ROA Combat Changes
Last post by BobbyJoe -
Wow surprised their perk system is so involved I didn't think they were going to change combat so much. I like all the stage 1 stuff they look promising and stage 2 sounds pretty good but won't know till they release more details.

RoA is really digging in with some big changes coming this year.
Bugs & Feedbacks / Re: Resolution and text size
Last post by Big Abbo -
damn bro you seem to be having no luck! hope it gets working.
Game is dead and its such a fucking shame.
People wont even play this shit for free.

You know why? Dying, then having spend an hour running back to your bank.

And no, I dont play DF to travel about filling every bank with mounts incase i die. What a fucking joke.

Unfortunately a large majority of people are under the impression that content is the reason people quit. Not the extremely tedious parts of the game.
Media Highlights / Re: <Loserkids> Magic mike vid1.
Last post by Big Abbo -
@Tomren92

Hurry cane aka @arctoz is 100x better mage than you.

Just because he says ur shit, doesnt mean hes a warrior rofl.

ps dont shit talk other peoples videos, then release a video, showing how shit you are. Makes you look dumb as fuck.
Off-Topic Discussions / Re: ROA Combat Changes
Last post by ludmitr87 -
I didn't like the hybrid pvp playstyle on roa when everyone got same playstyle. now its worth to check out when the patches will come in
:D  dnd u better hurry with some good patches
Arcane protection isnt needed, it would be cool if they added other bonuses.
General Discussion / Re: Subscription plan delayed a bit.
Last post by Big Abbo -
Game is dead and its such a fucking shame.
People wont even play this shit for free.

You know why? Dying, then having spend an hour running back to your bank.

And no, I dont play DF to travel about filling every bank with mounts incase i die. What a fucking joke.
Retards wanting all their heals on one bind....

What a fucking player base.