Skip to main content

Recent Posts

Bugs & Feedbacks / Re: Champion: book & pots.
Last post by Wyverex -
Combat Title books are common.
School/Weapon books are uncommon.
Elixirs are rare.

It's the same for everyone, fighter or mage.

And the fact that mage has A LOT MORE to grind than fighter has nothing to do with champions.
So maybe your feedback is a bit misplaced.

PS there's also a lot of RNG involved in champion drops. Once, I've gotten 3 Combat Title + 2 school books + 1 weapon book + 1 potion + 1 medium map all from a single Ghost champion. And they are kinda  an easy monster (light yellow).
I do hope @Ub3rgames reduces the RNG impact a bit, and makes it clear that orange champs really are better than yellow champs.
Last post by Bloodymurderer -
Personally I think it's fine.  I usually med a school to about 95 then read 5 books when the med gets REALLY expensive.  I don't expect all schools to be at 100 in a month, that's ROA.

Also, buying/trading books is a big part of the economy.  Check those marketplaces!  Any Mage who's already capped that school may dump those books on the market.

That'd be good if i had 10 spell books and 10 combat title books. Instead, i have like 20 combat books and i probably got 3 magic books max. I've gotten arcane, unholy and infliction. I regret using them tho. It's so rare to get spell books that as a mage, you should grind your magic and only use spell books when it gets rough: same for pots.

I don't see why you think it's fine. The mage grind has always been hard and the champion patch is no buff to mages on the grind-side of things. Even getting high-end gear mages is dumb-hard. I regret lvling mages in all honestly, but i feel like it's too late to switch. I see your point clearly, but the way you do it brings us back to ''before the champ patch'' except you actually have to save your spell-books since you don't get that many anyway.

In all honestly, i don't feel like playing DnD as much. I'd be full into it if i was mostly invested in melee/archery. I might just go back to ROA and wait for more tweaks. I'm not even waiting on new features, but bindstone-patch kinda is a must too if you are living away from your home-town.

I know that ubergames has mentioned that in a upcoming patch, magic titles will focus more on utilities. If that means that i get to only lvl air and arcane, then i'd be good. Until then, i might be done for now. I was expecting to catch-up in a noticeable way with the champ patch alone. I didn't think that i'd have to still collect med-points and log-out for days.

You cant PvE without titles? lol wut?

Lol wut? What thread are you even reading?

You really have no idea what you're arguing.

Pallist "Players who want to play the game and craft on a single character are now fucked over by alts.
To play the vision they are even worse at pve."

You tarded? Am I talking to someone with an extra chromosome cuz that would explain a lot. Since I wasn't even the first person to post how stupid that statement was. Lol I'm out

You're the last of the mohicans.  All of the other fanboys have quietly left or have gotten some sense in to them.  It's actually pathetic that after all this time, you are still too stupid to see the truth.
Suggestions / Power Scrolls System
Last post by Unknowm Mantra -
Aka UO AoS+,

It can be like a reward for quests, conquests and etc:
Few type of scrolls, that let you train skills more than 100 or titles or stats.
BUT:
Titles points must be capped at 500,
So, with special scrolls you can rise your Fire Magic title(exmpl) to 120, and you left 380 points.
In same time titles over 100 must provide abit more bonus than raw +20% (20% from 6 potency is 1.2 points only)
Same with stats, Stat cap is 600, with stat power scroll you can train you dex more, but still cap is 600.

BUT for skills it is not needed (i think).

I think it will let make more diversity in playstyles, progression and game feeling. It is an extra content, that will be wanted by many's. In same time Crafting Skills can be boosted too, and it will increase durability (like an example) or make it have % to craft expentional item with increased durability, resistances and traits, so we will have 2 types of items: Regular and Exp. items.

It can be books\scrolls and etc, nvm
https://github.com/runuo/runuo/blob/master/Scripts/Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs
This is a Base Class for Player's, by browsing other directories you can understand abit more, how to create good coded server for any game, and how code must be designed
In all seriousness this pve part of not being able to do as efficiently is bit of stretch. Most guys mix things so that they get disadvantages and advantages. And like many pvp builds end up like 2% potency and maybe 4% bonus damage. So 6% more damage per hit and unnoticeable performance difference. Now if you are a pure crafter you get 0% on all. So it's basically 6% less damage while farming. Now if you take 4 crafting and 4% damage buff you are essentially same as pvp guy at pve. And don't kid yourself that you need anything else than bolt for pve. If I dont have to level spells I already only pve with bolt since it's the best dps and fastest way to do it.

I agree you hinder yourself in pvp with many crafting titles but please don't try to say you have any real disadvantage with pve. And also with one crafting you loose almost nothing. Like most mages have potent mage as one title and if you skip that for crafting it's only 4% less damage per hit. It's 1.2 damage more in 30 damage hits which is close to what you do in equal gear good weps leveled char with front hit. I can tell you for almost certainty that you loose maybe one fight out 20 cause of that if even that it's so little difference in a fight. Roughly twenty five hits equals 30 more damage to enemy which is like one xfer more.

Now crafting would need complete over haul to make it interesting and get people playing this game as pure crafters but to make it more like old df is just like healing tumor with burana. You may help little with symptoms but you ain't curing the real problem. For this reason I wouldnt want game to take that direction, I can see it helping with low population like we have now but It also would not help in any way trying to promote new playstyles to enjoy darkfall, so things need to be done for sure for crafting but not these bandage fixes that won't help in the long run anyways.
Gotta give props to Smurf...
After changing the title and his post a handfull of times, he did narrow his issue's with the game down to the core.

Which is also sad, because the game has things that need to get done to it for it to grow even if it would move to NA.
So in the end, there's still no reason to change server location just like it was pointless during indev.

Heck, you might aswell consider it still to be indev, and untill such a time comes that the game can retain new players, can keep the (vet) population active, engaged and filled with enjoyment, this topic can remain benched.
Which....if you want to twist the current situation to fit your monologue smurf...
Pretend they are keeping it in EU to leave the NA market untapped, so that when the game is ready they will move to NA as a "new" game. That way you can have the illusion that everything is going by some grand plan.

You know, shut down EU-1 because the pop is too small.
Launch NA-1, like 24 hours after. Basicly...its a wipe, but not a wipe.
Its a fresh launch, and it has your desired server location...
You cant PvE without titles? lol wut?

Lol wut? What thread are you even reading?

You really have no idea what you're arguing.

Pallist "Players who want to play the game and craft on a single character are now fucked over by alts.
To play the vision they are even worse at pve."

You tarded? Am I talking to someone with an extra chromosome cuz that would explain a lot. Since I wasn't even the first person to post how stupid that statement was. Lol I'm out

Pretty sure you are the person with the extra chromosome pal.

Not that he will even see this since he blocked me for hurting his superiority complex by spraying shit all over him everytime he opens his dribbling spacktard mouth.
Lmfao. Fucking spacktard.

This is good content guys. I'm glad Ivar is back in full retard force
Trade / Re: WTB/WTT for timber/wood in Elflands
Last post by Rimamok -
Bump, still buying wood/timber!
Last post by Rimamok -
Personally I think it's fine.  I usually med a school to about 95 then read 5 books when the med gets REALLY expensive.  I don't expect all schools to be at 100 in a month, that's ROA.

Also, buying/trading books is a big part of the economy.  Check those marketplaces!  Any Mage who's already capped that school may dump those books on the market.