Skip to main content

Topic: shadow knight advice (Read 617 times) previous topic - next topic

shadow knight advice
How do people handle shadow knights solo? I've tried softening with acid arrow on the approach then daggering down, but inevitably have to disengage to heal, at which point they also heal up in their shadow form and effectively reset the fight. I've also tried meleeing while mounted, which works kind of ok while they stand still, but it seems tricky to find an angle where my swings actually connect, and when they start circle strafing around, reestablishing a good angle is a pain in the ass - all the while my mount is dropping fast from incoming damage. I've killed a few, but it's wildly inconsistent, and even my best attempts thus far feel like a crap shoot.

Is it just a matter of bringing out higher rank daggers to burst down faster? Given how much of the incoming damage is infliction, higher rank metal armor seems a pretty big investment for questionable gain, but maybe I'm wrong about that. Or is there some other trick I'm missing?

Re: shadow knight advice
Reply #1
You need good gear and acid daggers help a lot, but since the last patch they are pretty touch and go solo and best to do in a two man dagger/healer combo
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #2
Acid Daggers and Studded set is what I use.
Shadow Knight usually drops when I am at about 40% health.
Though I haven't tried then since the last patch.

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
I usually wear jewellery with infliction and piercing protection.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
for anyone who hasn't done them since the 4.0 patch, they got harder with this patch.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #5
I agree. Did bot find any way to kill them efficiently yet... (since last patch)
  • Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:29:46 am by raymond

Reply #6
Before 4.0 we did them at lvl 3 just by spaming Acid Arrow (Earth bolt), it was pretty easy. Did not try since 4.0
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #7
well what happens now is that if you try to do that  they will immediatly port on you. Then as soon as you need to get away from melee to heal (which happens) they just disappear and regenerate full life. There must be a way but I did not find it yet.

Reply #8
I just went and killed a few Shadow Knights solo to see how patch 4.0 has changed them.
And while I agree they are harder, they are still Soloable.

Minimum equipment I would suggest is...

1.  Thick Leather set.
2.  R50 knives with  Q3 Acid Transmute and Q3 keen.
3.  Cast Stone Skin and Infliction Shield.
4.  Get his attention with a Piercing Weakness.
5.  Have Rejuvenation Potions handy.
6.  Have high Knife Mastery.

7.  Pick a spawn with a nearby Chaos Stone. (just in case)
  • Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:04:58 pm by Ktorr

Reply #9
Thanks for the tips, everyone. Guess I'll be retooling based on the above feedback and giving it another go soon.

One quick question, though:
1.  Hard Leather set.
Is this supposed to be Thick Leather? or something else?

ain't that the painful truth :/

Reply #10
Thanks for the tips, everyone. Guess I'll be retooling based on the above feedback and giving it another go soon.

One quick question, though:
1.  Hard Leather set.
Is this supposed to be Thick Leather? or something else?

ain't that the painful truth :/
Yes, Thick Leather.  Post corrected.

Reply #11
the best advice would be to not bother with them at all

Reply #12
Best way right now is one dagger and two healers for group, solo you need real high end gear
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #13
Best way right now is one dagger and two healers for group, solo you need real high end gear
Further evidence Mycke is a clueless player, you can solo shadow knights naked if you have half a brain.

Please link vid lol

This should be good....

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
You can solo single spawns in a robe, so naked wouldn't be.much harder.