Skip to main content

Topic: sound bug? (Read 79 times) previous topic - next topic

sound bug?
I'm starting to think that the game has a sound bug in some way, shape or form. RN I am relogging because the only sound I could hear is when my character took damage from falling. I couldn't hear transfers, spells, eating, running...anything else...

- Initial relog has not fixed it. I heard the thud when logging in, and I can hear the fall damage sound.
- 2nd relog has not fixed it. Logged in on a different char and ran in admin mode. Same as above.
- Deleting 'state.sfs' file has not fixed this; I was advised to do this by MrW aka Worm from Shadowtribe.
- Rebooting my system has not fixed the issue.

*Development:
- I can hear the sound that you get when your pickaxe breaks.
- I can hear the hit detection sounds.

@Ub3rgames
  • Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:38:40 pm by naturezz
Manicc Naturee - co-leader of Manly Janitors.
EARLY CONCEPT OF DARKFALL NEW MIDGET RACE BELOW.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: sound bug?
Reply #1
Try removing state.sfs so the game revalidates itself. I usually do this after 1-2 patches as things mess up then.
Worm Windtalker - Shadow Tribe

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Weren't you complaining about certain sounds being too loud? Why fix this bug then? :p

Reply #3
Try removing state.sfs so the game revalidates itself. I usually do this after 1-2 patches as things mess up then.

I'm going to try this now and hope to god you aren't a troll because I have no idea what that file is or does.

Screenshot below for anyone else encountering this bug to locate the 'state.sfs' file. I'll let you know if it works.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

I'm going to try this now and hope to god you aren't a troll because I have no idea what that file is or does.

Screenshot below for anyone else encountering this bug to locate the 'state.sfs' file. I'll let you know if it works.

That file just keeps the state of other files stored. Removing it, will cause the game launcher to revalidate all the files (and re-download parts that got corrupt).

Reply #5
Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. Same as above. I tried swinging my leaf blade a lot this time, and I will occasionally hear a dwarf grunt which is perfectly clear and not distorted in any way. Otherwise, it is the same as above.

I am using a new speaker system as opposed to a headset. Perhaps this could be an issue?

Reply #6
Have you unplugged and replugged your new system while the game was running?
it is known to lose sounds if you change anything to your sound system while running.

We still also have an old bug that cut off running sounds from players and mounts until you restart your PC.
Maybe that is a variant of it, have you tried rebooting?
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #7
it is known to lose sounds if you change anything to your sound system while running.

We still also have an old bug that cut off running sounds from players and mounts until you restart your PC.

Hi Marc,

I'll try these shortly and update you.

Reply #8

Unfortunately, neither of these methods have worked.
I am wondering whether the sounds that I can hear come from a specific sound folder?
Perhaps the problem can be located via this method?

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Did you get normal stereo speakers or some weird 5.1+ surround system? If latter is the case, then the sounds might be gonig to the rear speakers, which aren't activated / support by DF. I have no idea, besides suggesting to replug your headset. If you still get sounds, you know it's your new speaker configuration that is causing this.

Reply #10
It is likely that @mrW is accurate.
Darkfal'ls sound library is an old version. We upgraded as far in the future as we can without extensive refactors, but it is still an old version. It might not support fancy things too well.
We'll eventually get around to it, but it is rather low priority compared to other tasks.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #11
@mrW @Ub3rgames thx. will have to continue to use my headset for darkfall, and the speakers for all things non-archaic.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
recently i had a bug that effected my disabling shot. i didn't get a hit sound or the sound for the arrow hitting it's target, so there was no audio clue if i hit or not, others couldn't hear the arrow hitting sound either.

the problem was resolved after a relog.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc