Skip to main content

Topic: Remap Mouse Wheel (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic

Remap Mouse Wheel
Hi so sorry I haven't found this in game and am resorting to a post here. But, how do i remap the mouse wheel from the new weapon selector? I'm so accustomed to spinning it for view distance for a character and I just can't break the habit since it functions like this in many other games. Thanks

Re: Remap Mouse Wheel
Reply #1
Remap the axis for turning, then rebind it, as this will delete the wheel. This is what Ub3rgames told me and it worked. o better option.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
An alternative: there are little buttons in top right corner of each slot on weapon bar. Mouse over tooltip says "ignore this slot" you can click them all off to disable the weapon switch.

@Ub3rgames these buttons and the buttons on spell grid should be bigger imo
  • Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:39:34 pm by Brown Dorf

Reply #3
To add to what has already has been said, if you're actually looking for the ability to bind the wheel to zoom your perspective in/out like it was on DFO, that has been removed entirely. Unfortunately as it's detected as an axis which limits the binding options, selecting weapons/hotbars is the only useful thing it can do in game unless you want to use AHK or some alternative scripting software.

Reply #4
if you're actually looking for the ability to bind the wheel to zoom your perspective in/out like it was on DFO, that has been removed entirely.
It still does work for me.

Reply #5
if you're actually looking for the ability to bind the wheel to zoom your perspective in/out like it was on DFO, that has been removed entirely.
I'd be happy to stand corrected, possible I missed an option to bind it to in the settings, do you know what it's called in the input options?

Reply #6
I'd be happy to stand corrected, possible I missed an option to bind it to in the settings, do you know what it's called in the input options?
It simply still works like this for me, I have never changed it,

Reply #7
When I asked them about it on Discord, Ub3r told me, that the scroll for maps when it has focus is hard coded. The scroll for weapon cycle can be rebound or removed as I mentioned above.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #8
It simply still works like this for me, I have never changed it,
Interesting, I was under the impression the option wasn't available. Any new account you login to now I think has the weaponsbar cycle as the default scroll input, looked and never found the option for the previous zoom functionality, maybe its still able to be set in the config file but not the GUI, or maybe I'm just blind, I'll take a closer look later.

When I asked them about it on Discord, Ub3r told me, that the scroll for maps when it has focus is hard coded. The scroll for weapon cycle can be rebound or removed as I mentioned above.
Sure you can unbind it or bind it to something new, but only something that accepts an axis input, e.g. scrolling weapons bar, scrolling hot bars, etc - cant be bound to something that requires a button input like a specific hotbar slot or action without scripting.

Reply #9
Hi so sorry I haven't found this in game and am resorting to a post here. But, how do i remap the mouse wheel from the new weapon selector? I'm so accustomed to spinning it for view distance for a character and I just can't break the habit since it functions like this in many other games. Thanks

I hear this question a lot so wrote a quick guide, you can find it here under the guide section.

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,6724.0.html#info_105938