Skip to main content

Topic: Auto Hotkey and the like (Read 1017 times) previous topic - next topic

• qvq
  • [*]
Auto Hotkey and the like
Will AHK and things of that sort be getting banned from the game?

Contemplating getting the game and playing come the 26th, but the pixel tracking in AHK is wide spread and well known and was heavily used in RoA.

My hope is it will be banned and all play will be legit and skill based.  Can I get a confirmation? anyone have any idea?

On a side note will there be advertisement being done for the game or can we expect a 1-3 month playtime for the 4th time?

Re: Auto Hotkey and the like
Reply #1
I'm not worried. rays aren't huge damage anymore. its supplemental damage at best.
In melee its super obvious.
Nukes easy to land anyways.
Yeah definitely don't see it as a problem even if the rejects come and try to use that shit over here.

• qvq
  • [*]
Reply #2
even with it being "obvious" nobody banned them in previous games.

so the question still stands will they block it?

Reply #3
Hacks exist and they will be used.. end of story. You are better off not worrying about it and just playing the game to enjoy it and not as an esport. 

That being said I hope they do implement a program like ESEA.  The pixel aimbot is honestly so widespread at this point.  Almost every ROA streamer uses it and it's pretty obvious.

Reply #4
Hey im all for it, just saying. Matters way less here.
Instant rays do like 15 damage depending on your gear.

• qvq
  • [*]
Reply #5
well since it sounds like the hacking will be blatant and wide spread here as well can you guys answer this for me then.

Did they fix the game and add more dynamic "classes" to this version or is it another magefall?  Have done like 0 research into this version after how sad RoA was.  I am teetering on the edge of just saying I will pass since it sounds like this will be another 2 month dead game.

Reply #6
They are adding titles which is basically a create your own class kind of system which is pretty neat imo.  There are different titles for melee, magic, and even dedicated crafting titles. 

Unfortunately no one can test titles because they aren't in game yet but they are supposed to be in for launch.

I'm on mobile so I can't link u but check out the announcement section click on about titles then read the dev blog.

But yeah I'm worried about hacking too
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:36:16 am by RisaStenr

Reply #7
@qvq the titles and local banking patch is expected this weekend, earliest tonight French time. It's a Darkfall game changer.

Reply #8
magefall will finally take the last nail to be dead when title patch hits.  unless everybody plays with the same magic titles to simulate magefall again, but i doubt it with the way people are crying about current mage(fall) being gimp vs melee/archery.  do note that cooldowns and magnitude/damage/modifiers/radius/etc are not the same as in roa.  Ub3rgames started the killing off magefall many, many months ago.

have no fear, they have been fixing the game.

iirc from beginning of indev.. the stance on macros is not bannable, only unattended macroing.  if u watch some new dawn videos, you'll see the aimbot never went away.  with launch coming soon and melee/archery probably being favored over magic, it might be troublesome.  people are good at the game, and good at disguising it..... thats the scary part.  disclaimer:  just watch some videos and see for yourself. (youtube: pause video and use comma or period to observe per frame).  its more obvious than people think.
BOS7

Reply #9
iirc from beginning of indev.. the stance on macros is not bannable, only unattended macroing.  if u watch some new dawn videos, you'll see the aimbot never went away.  with launch coming soon and melee/archery probably being favored over magic, it might be troublesome.  people are good at the game, and good at disguising it..... thats the scary part.  disclaimer:  just watch some videos and see for yourself. (youtube: pause video and use comma or period to observe per frame).  its more obvious than people think.
I love this stuff! I'm not joking. Can you point to anything specific?

Reply #10
yeah, try https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/board,6.0.html   

i mean, if u want me to actually drop names... thats frowned upon.    if you'd like, i could pm u super shady content..
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:00:58 pm by Mordisk
BOS7

Reply #11

i mean, if u want me to actually drop names... thats frowned upon.    if you'd like, i could pm u super shady content..
Yes. I'd like that. Thanks man!

Reply #12

Pretty skeptical there's anything like that so wide-spread. PM me shady stuff if you actually have something.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Id like to point out they have implemented tools to detect un-human like tracking.
Which has resulted in at least one person getting banned.
(aside from anti teleporting detection and bans ofcourse).

They've also banned a lot of people who were PvE exploiting, though i believe the majority were temp bans on that front.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
as far as i know there is no temporary bans in ub3rgames policy.
you get one warning and the next offense is a permanent ban.
Bala Eregi - SG of Bewahrer der Welten