Skip to main content

Topic: no footstep sounds (Read 307 times) previous topic - next topic

no footstep sounds
I can hear everything other than people's footsteps.  I tried restarting several times and the problem is still there. 

Re: no footstep sounds
Reply #1
I can hear everything other than people's footsteps.  I tried restarting several times and the problem is still there. 
Game is full of ninjas.

Reply #2
Have you tried restarting the PC itself?
Or toggle on and off the device driver for your sound, or even update the driver?
The game can sometimes corrupt its audio device and only full restarts or driver disabling will fix it.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #3
i dont play indev often but when i did last week i had the same problem. I didnt try to solve it but seems like a common bug

Reply #4
Ye I had it in DFO a couple of times, but I think I always fixed this with going into the audio settings from my audio device and either turn off any "virtual 5.1" stuff, emulation, "insert fancy feature here" or set the audio mode to stereo if it was on 3D sound.  (Head phones)

Especially the noise of footsteps was always different for me, people often told me that they hear footsteps, while I couldn't at all.

Reply #5
It's a legacy bug from the original game. Rebooting your PC fixes it 99/100 times.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #6
Have you tried restarting the PC itself?
Or toggle on and off the device driver for your sound, or even update the driver?
The game can sometimes corrupt its audio device and only full restarts or driver disabling will fix it.

When i logged in today the problem was fixed, so most likely the PC restart fixed it.  Today in mid game the foot steps went away from my wife's PC.  Seems like this is a more common problem these days.

Reply #7
I don't even notice it if it happens.  May apply to other longtime super tiny bugs.  My favorite is sliding as if I'm falling as I sprint.  Almost like the falling as you rest, but I think that was fixed.
BOS7

Reply #8
Happens rarely and takes a system reboot which makes me think its some kind of driver mismatch and if your two computers had it happen on the same day further supports this.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #9

The fact i know you are not this kid.... https://youtu.be/eKrTwddk7eI

saddens me.
TRUE DON   1V1 2V2 3V3 FFA TOURNAMENT WINNER/FINALIST. Stickyback God. RETIRED.

If i am seriously out for you then you are a dead man walking.

Reply #10

saddens me.

I like that guy.  That was my original account.  I sold it for $600.

Reply #11

saddens me.

I like that guy.  That was my original account.  I sold it for $600.

Ahhhhh
TRUE DON   1V1 2V2 3V3 FFA TOURNAMENT WINNER/FINALIST. Stickyback God. RETIRED.

If i am seriously out for you then you are a dead man walking.