Skip to main content

Topic: Last Jedi...more Hollywood trash (Read 640 times) previous topic - next topic

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Last Jedi...more Hollywood trash
Reply #15
i like your signature
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #16
I didn't even bother going to watch it.  The last one was awful, and I didn't expect any better from this one, and by all reports it was even worse. All the SJW (aka modern cultural Marxism) nonsense is just the fly on the turd.  They could take out all the political propaganda/social engineering attempts and these movies would still be terrible.  Rogue One was an OK film, otherwise better off just watching the originals.

Every new Star Wars movie is going to suck.  Nobody liked 1,2,3 and now 7,8.  No matter what they are not going to please the die hards. 

I actually liked 7 quite a bit.  8 was quite a disappointment... felt like a bunch of disjointed scenes, with no real compelling story at the core.

Reply #17
I could care less about the diversity hires, but all in all - the film had extremely basic flaws even being disconnected from the starwars universe, let alone how amazing it is that someone can be given 3 excellent interests from a previous film only to pan them out in the least satisfying ways possible. it feels like a bad fan fiction, making rookie mistakes and not understanding the basic concepts behind good story telling, character development, motivation, or pacing.

like the ball was passed to him 1 yard from the inzone with not a soul around - then he ran 15 meters back with it and fumbled. again, ignoring the franchise or belongs to- it's insane how a person with access to the most talented writers, some great actors, and a big enough budget to build and destroy 3 aldaraans from scratch - could manage to make a C tier AT BEST film. entire story lines that didn't need to happen, in the face of no/rushed attempts at character development. Ending every big question the last movie had with a mundane almost sarcastic answer.

who are rey's parents? let kylo ren anti climactically reveal they are nobody. was a huge character motivation for rey, plenty of room for plot twists - but we'll just blurt it out that it isn't important.

Ben solo going for the long con? interesting word choice in dialog(especially killing han) struggling with the light - his strange manner towards rey and familiarity screamed relative - and now it's just ridiculous. now we can watch TFA and shout "WHAT GIRL" along with him,  because for some reason he's not freaking out that there is a girl living on jakku, as well as intentionally taking care/not harming her - just a stranger from Jakku. He builds up to betray snoke only to go completely cold feet on character development and decided to be a cardboard lifeless villian.

snoke is so powerful he can force slam people around in another galaxy through Skype.

he can manipulate their visions across galaxies including planets he doesn't know about but can't forsee his apprentice betraying him(despite calling him disposable repeatedly not to mention general sith history)

even better - who was snoke... insanely powerful, somehow managed to go unnoticed for a long time - is he an ancient evil? some sort of god? nah, he's just a saggy old dude in some fuzzy slippers who couldnt notice a lightsaber about to cut him in half. which btw, who is snoke? it didn't answer that, and doesn't need to because they killed him before he became relevant.

meanwhile luke is a whiney little baby who lives in the middle of nowhere and whines instead of fixing his problems, like a true hero.

Reply #18
And Hyld, you are 1 fucked up clown, get some help man.

I followed your advise, and for a couple of days I had this fuzzy but a bit sedated feeling, I was happy with whatever Hollywood film I would see, the more explosions, the better, it is all I wanted, my brain was relaxed, it just absorbed whatever they spoon fed me...but then my brain started to work again...the shrink told me that the Lobotomy he had given me was just temporary

Who seriously cares about this shit? Oh no! Women, blacks and hispanics in 1 movie??!! It's the end of western decency!

SW 4-5-6 had all of the above, and they were universally recognized being close to masterpieces, (Lando Calrissian was black and a great character)...in Japan, SW4 was greeted with long silences by the audience when the ending titles appeared, the highest form of respect in their culture.

Do you realize what made them so loved? Yes they were advanced and well made, but so SW1-2-3...the fact is 4-5-6  were a simply a traditional and archetypal European fairy tale with standard roles, (including correct gender roles).....i.e. Leia was a real female and a PRINCESS...only in SW1-2-3 we have to learn that she was just not really a princess but an elected Councillor...and all the amendments to look like our modern failed political systems were pushed in one by one, female jedi etc.

I thought it was some light entertainment. Silly me for not spotting the deep social commentary ingrained within it.

Yes, silly you... Neither entertainment (as it was bashed by most SW fans) nor light...every passionate story has always been used in a pedagogic way from the dawn of time....no exception now, the so called "light hearted"  programs are always the ones with most followings and where your mental barriers are switched off and were whatever message they want to push on you you would more easily absorb it, especially if it is done methodically and for prolonged time.......

A part of you might not accept it, but many gay people (the many that were not BORN that way) might well have grown up straight in a culture (and family) that was not constantly messing up roles..same can be said about people with depression, or taking drugs...if family and gender roles were sound, the ones of us that were born less full males or full females ( all of us have both in ourselves), the more sensitive males (and usually more intelligent and talented, who had a higher female nature to start with) would have still grown up straight if their male nature would have been nurtured in an ideal way...but in a feminist, male bashing, deviant society that presents sex and female body obsessively, this can be a problem. Same for many males that have given up having a sound and stable relation with a women...or to have any relation at all, too scared to reach out to what has become a sort of scary alien to many males.

Instead of analyzing and trying to work on this, our society currently  tries to brush it under the carpet with demagogic (and futile) campaigns  that expect us to pretend that the abnormal is normal, exacerbating the drama rather than admitting it to exist in the first place, celebrating dysfunctional behavior instead of curing it.

Regards
HG

Bro i would be surprised your intelligence and wisdom was less than a man of 40 years if you turn out to be some 25 year old male i would recruit you to my ALL MALE ARMY as a Lieutenant to start. We will take over the world and chain the rabid diseased females and their cuckbois, simps and white knights and force them to fight bare fisted in the Gladiator Arenas until they grow their balls back.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Jungle Kingdom Recruiter:
We recruit new players, casuals and actives, relaxed clan
atmosphere discord perferred but not required.

Reply #19
When you think the most compelling thing about your movie is the color of your performers skin or the bits between their legs, it shouldn't be a surprise that your movie sucks balls and nobody wants to watch it.

Reply #20
When you think the most compelling thing about your movie is the color of your performers skin or the bits between their legs, it shouldn't be a surprise that your movie sucks balls and nobody wants to watch it.

oh ill watch it, i just love the originals and love Luke skywalker but it will be FREE DOWNLOAD.
Ingame names

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
LOL, Rotten Tomatoes became Fake News.

1) Check each page, most have 0, 1/2 or 1 star, but the overall average is still 49%...is their calculator broken?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi/reviews/?type=user&sort=

2) Plus most 5 stars seems very short and similar in message and, as one smart guy noticed:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
How come the 4 and 5 star reviews when you click on the name it comes up with page not found hmmmmmm
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/id/977043430/

Let me tell you Disney pulls their strings....sad...nothing to do with the great original Walt Disney.

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Reply #22
LOL, Rotten Tomatoes became Fake News.

1) Check each page, most have 0, 1/2 or 1 star, but the overall average is still 49%...is their calculator broken?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi/reviews/?type=user&sort=

2) Plus most 5 stars seems very short and similar in message and, as one smart guy noticed:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
How come the 4 and 5 star reviews when you click on the name it comes up with page not found hmmmmmm
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/id/977043430/

Let me tell you Disney pulls their strings....sad...nothing to do with the great original Walt Disney.

Regards
HG

And here i thought the talking head of Walt Disney was still commanding the ship.
Ingame names

Reply #23
Luke skywalker dies and kylo ren is actually mace windu.
TRUE DON   1V1 2V2 3V3 FFA TOURNAMENT WINNER/FINALIST. Stickyback God. RETIRED.

If i am seriously out for you then you are a dead man walking.

Reply #24
We're talking about a movie that showed ship to ship missiles affected by gravity in the first three minutes...

I'm pretty sure the only messaging they had was we don't give a fuk we know this is going to make money

Reply #25
We're talking about a movie that showed ship to ship missiles affected by gravity in the first three minutes...

I'm pretty sure the only messaging they had was we don't give a fuk we know this is going to make money

well they coulda made 2 billion with a proper sequel instead of 1 billion
Ingame names