Skip to main content

Topic: Let's Discuss RoA (Read 17964 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Let's Discuss RoA
Reply #900
Back on topic.

RoA is dead.

Haha, sorry Maejohl, back OT. It's very dead. Both games are not worth playing at the moment. ROA new plan, looks good in my opinion. ~But talk is cheap, and time will tell if they can pull it off. Losing Dest, was big loss for them.

@Bunny Noooooooo don't ruin it :)

Both Devs and future Darkfall Devs just need to understood, no one wants to die in an PVP Game, and PVP isnt the best content to focus on solely in Darkfall, This engine requires casual content like farming, taming and other daily tasks and chores besides doing pvp and sieges and fighting  everytime a player logs on.

I believe Darkfall will keep failing because the focus on pvp content is too great and not enough casual content, i bet you even the hardcore PVP players get bored of PVP too.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #901
Name them

you name one successful FANTASY FFA PvP arena published game that isn't tab target.

anybody can name failed games

Exactly. So why make that your point? Lol. You have no evidence to base your opinion on. It's not been done before.
I'm an amateur GFX Artist. I created the RoA logo, BPG logo, many of the forum buttons, and edited their swirl.

But don't misunderstand: I hold no bias. I play both. Great devs on both sides- good, passionate people.

If you'd like GFX work message me.

Grim ReapiN
Proven mongoloid

Reply #902
ROA now has partial loot, it is no longer a full loot game.

I for one would never even play a game that was not full loot, let alone try a game that had PARTIAL LOOT.

This is TRAMMEL all over again which is what killed Ultima Online.

I for one am glad i play and support Darkfall New Dawn, hardcore all the way!

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #903

I for one would never even play a game that was not full loot, let alone try a game that had PARTIAL LOOT.

Ur so hardcore.

Reply #904

This so much.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #905

Check out this bad ass over here. I played UO in every era only on production shards and even though the risk/reward and faction fighting with stat was fun and hardcore pre trammel, it was the same rinse/repeat builds. I had my most fun when the game became item based, had insurance and the pace of combat ramped up with more pvp skills to template build off of.

Playing Legends of Aria brought back that UO nostalgia and took a little bit of each pre and post AOS eras to fuse it into one.
Full loot is always bad ass but let's not completely bash partial loot games. Shit can still be fun

Reply #906
I think they are going a good direction, ND is not going to appeal to insta grads as much, opening up RoA to more that kind of crowd which their current design direction should appeal to.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #907
'direction'

Reply #908
did RoA fix the 'first mob kill always drops max loot? their server goes down for maintenance every day doesn't it?

Reply #909
What ROA isn't full loot anymore?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

would never play that game again anyway but now literally what the actual fuck hahahahaha how stupid are those noobs

Hahahaha hahahahahah
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #910
Full loot changes in lawful areas: New players will no longer drop all of their items/gear upon death. As users gain skills/stats and time passes they will transition to more advanced stages of the game and in turn will drop more and more loot in lawful tiles. Full loot for newer players is crushing and favors elite reds far too much, which can make it extremely difficult for new players to get into the game. PvP will still be possible but the sting for newer players will be much less until they have had at least a chance to learn about the game. Once they progress to the point of having basic mastery of their character and some understanding of the game they will be flagged as advanced and drop some loot in lawful, once they have been around much longer and have become far more powerful they will move to the expert level and risk more. This is a controversial change in the Darkfall sphere but it is one that we know to be necessary, griefers need to be kept in check and have had an unfairly easy advantage in the game since its inception.

--------------
Its only for new players. Can't see any way to exploit that! But, yeah. I think its a shit way of fixing the core issue that has always been the elephant in the room: alignment system.

Make it adverse for vets to waste their time on a noob, and they will have an easier time. This change will only save a players loot, not their time.
  • Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:55:28 pm by Kenman
I'm an amateur GFX Artist. I created the RoA logo, BPG logo, many of the forum buttons, and edited their swirl.

But don't misunderstand: I hold no bias. I play both. Great devs on both sides- good, passionate people.

If you'd like GFX work message me.

Grim ReapiN
Proven mongoloid

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #911
Or they could have fixed alignment so that being red is an actual choice with real drawbacks.
Coupled with racial wars, giving you a lot more friendly faces to fight alongside with.
The few tryhards may pick strays far from the herd, but they'll never be hunted to extinction because zerg.

But you know...why fix core problems when you can just bandaid it and pretend everything is fine.

Reply #912
Its only for new players. Can't see any way to exploit that!
With global banking, and most trades taking place in Sanguine - it is worth having trading alt on separate account that is unlootable.

Nevertheless I'm sure that every system intended to help newbies in DnD will also have its unintended consequences.

Reply #913
RoA won't get the population above 100 people prime time. That ship as sailed, and their changes have only guaranteed it

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #914
Greetings,
Although I prefer full loot for this game, partial loot is not necessarily a bad thing in PVP/MMRPGs.

However this Roa's latest twist is, IMO, yet another example of how they patch up rather than follow any meaningful, coherent and thought through road map. Just another steering to correct the previous over-steering, that corrected the previous one and so on.

If you need a safe "mule"/transport char, just make a new one every week and you are guaranteed a partial protection of the things you have looted; plus it will be a quick way to send some of your the stuff to the BindStone/Bank by simply killing your "mule".....another bad idea form BPG.

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being