Skip to main content

Topic: Future Title Idea - Shields (Read 96 times) previous topic - next topic

Future Title Idea - Shields
I think it would be nice if there were a title for shields, that when having a shield equipped, adds to a passive bonus to resistances.
Would be cool to see more "tank" play styles being used. It would obviously come at the cost of some damage, as it would take up a title slot and only be active when you had a shield out, but would help satisfy those who wish to play a beefier build, that would rather stay in the fray of battle longer. Could add more diversity to the game, with only the addition of a title.

I have heard a few people mention they wish darkfall had a true tank role, this is the closest solution to this I can think of without adding lots of work.

Re: Future Title Idea - Shields
Reply #1
We should be able to dual wield shields! -Legendary DFO post.

Reply #2
I'd rather they'd increase the effectiveness of blocking rather than just "durr more protections". Something along the line "Perfect block now reduce even more damage with a shield and blocking overall cost less stam blabla percentage".
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I think it would be nice if there were a title for shields, that when having a shield equipped, adds to a passive bonus to resistances.
Would be cool to see more "tank" play styles being used. It would obviously come at the cost of some damage, as it would take up a title slot and only be active when you had a shield out, but would help satisfy those who wish to play a beefier build, that would rather stay in the fray of battle longer. Could add more diversity to the game, with only the addition of a title.

I have heard a few people mention they wish darkfall had a true tank role, this is the closest solution to this I can think of without adding lots of work.

I'm fine to boost 1h weapons + shield at the expence of 2h melee + magic + archery.

But if they will do it a change token for a title (like race change) is needed, is a bit too much waiting 2 months everytime they add or change something.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #4

I'm fine to boost 1h weapons + shield at the expence of 2h melee + magic + archery.

But if they will do it a change token for a title (like race change) is needed, is a bit too much waiting 2 months everytime they add or change something.

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

Reply #5
Would be nice if you could deflect projectiles ping pong style and send them back to the attacker
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori