Skip to main content

Topic: There would be a lot less complaints about local banking if... (Read 595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: There would be a lot less complaints about local banking if...
Reply #15
market places need to have WAY longer listing durations as well as vastly reduced listing fees.
This and buy orders, and then markets will be servicing people as they should.

Reply #16

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #17
All of the suggestions are valid, and are on the roadmap I think- and of course we all want them right now, but it will take some time.

About half f my clan are either totally new to the game or played DFO very briefly- only a few vets. And the new folks seem interested and are having fun- much more fun than in the old meta where they would be killed and ganked very five minutes. We've only had one quit so far and he was in a very different timezone and had to play alone most of the time.

Reply #18
All of the suggestions are valid, and are on the roadmap I think- and of course we all want them right now, but it will take some time.
I don't know that longer order duration and lower fees is on their roadmap, because they took a stance with these before launch.

They need to change them right now - it would take them 5 minutes to patch a change to fees and duration!

Reply #19
I'm more or less ok w/ the fees but would love longer listing times.  Would help markets feel more full, as less items would be expiring as often.  Albion did one month, I could travel around and fill up various markets without having to worry about showing up in a week to relist or withdraw gold, and could instead come back whenever I felt like it because I know my goods are at least still posted.

Reply #20

About half f my clan are either totally new to the game or played DFO very briefly- only a few vets. And the new folks seem interested and are having fun- much more fun than in the old meta where they would be killed and ganked very five minutes. We've only had one quit so far and he was in a very different timezone and had to play alone most of the time.

Yeah their roadmap leading off of a fucking cliff because they somehow thought they were going to have 100k pop when they'll never sustain over 1k actives.

Reply #21
market places need to have WAY longer listing durations as well as vastly reduced listing fees.

Agree that would be great and would help keeping even distant markets in stock.
The current marketplaces are supposed to be only a first installment and would get upgraded with more functionality at some point.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #22
Beside the two troll posts, very good thread with constructive discussions. Thanks!! Hope, devs are responding.
To all these trolls in this forum: go find your mind or at least...go back to RoA. Healthier for all of us.

Reply #23
Caravan / Carts / Faster ships are all good but anything involving instant goods transfers is cancer.

Moving goods around actually is (part of) game content - you never know what'll happen along the way.

Reply #24
Caravan / Carts / Faster ships are all good but anything involving instant goods transfers is cancer.

Moving goods around actually is (part of) game content - you never know what'll happen along the way.

I've moved my goods across the map more than enough times to know what's going to happen. Nothing. Nothing is going to happen. My mount goes fucking warp speed and I get load lag if anyone is within a mile radius of me. I've walked across the map 8 times with over 700k on me and not once did I feel like it was in any danger. Also conflict along the road would take a large population but it turns out that not a lot of people are thrilled to play a running simulator. It's also pretty hard to get killed by semi-afk harvesters.

Reply #25
doode all we need is:

A FUCKING HEALTHY POPULATION WITH CONSTANT NEW PLAYER INFLUX

pretty easy to fix
make google ads and launch on steam
Problem is Steam takes a hefty commissioning price.  That and Uber only gets that one chance to advertise the game.  If that flops, the game flops.

Reply #26
doode all we need is:

A FUCKING HEALTHY POPULATION WITH CONSTANT NEW PLAYER INFLUX

pretty easy to fix
make google ads and launch on steam
Problem is Steam takes a hefty commissioning price.  That and Uber only gets that one chance to advertise the game.  If that flops, the game flops.

Stuff is missing, its not only the population, several aspects of the game need to be worked on, Dump a 2k people in the game is not magically fix all the issues, some yes, but not all by far.

Reply #27
This thread is a failure to address the actual issue.

Hiking Simulator 2009 is outdated.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #28
As an example, I have been supporting the swath of secondary human markets with regs since launch. Often these are the only regs available there. Few people buy from these orders, but it happens.

But it is too much of a hassle to be on top of these orders every day, and I will stop doing it now - I will begin delivering to these markets again once Ub3r lower the fees and increase the durations of orders. In the meantime, people will not be able to buy regs in these markets.

So that's where we are at - get the order system adjusted asap or the small markets die completely.

• Otoan
  • [*][*]
Reply #29
There would be a lot less complaints about local banking

There aren't a lot of complaints..  Unless of course you count the 10 or so forum lurkers as a proper representation of the entire DND population, most of which don't frequent the forums and are busy playing the game.

10 people that are vocal about != the entirety of people that have issues with it.