Skip to main content

Topic: There would be a lot less complaints about local banking if... (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

There would be a lot less complaints about local banking if...
We had the proper tools to trade with.

What am I talking about?

Wagons/Carts so we can move more per trip.

Contracts so I'm not stuck with a bunch of stuff because the guy who asked for it refused delivery.

Allow for pre-payment of goods (transported at buyers risk) so I can give them a lower price.

Let clans share a clan trading account, or give us receipts for our trades which can be traded between people.

Right now I've got money sitting on markets I'm 15 km away and I know that because my clan mate looked and could tell they sold because I told him what price I listed at. That's money he could've picked up and taken and used to buy and distribute more stock.

The quicker we  can cycle our gold as a trade clan the more money we can make. The more money we can make the lower the margins we can operate at which is better for every one.

Let us relist things without paying the fee again if someone undercuts us. Only make us pay extra if we increase the price and make us only pay the difference on whats left on the market.

Re: There would be a lot less complaints about local banking if...
Reply #1
Let clans share a clan trading account, or give us receipts for our trades which can be traded between people.
Even better add possibility to put stuff on marketplace as clan (checkbox); have to be captain to do that. Other captains can then manipulate it as if it was theirs.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
This is the reason why they do not advertise the game yet, roadmap still incomplete, but if someone want to jump in is welcome, after all the first month is training and build your character anyway.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #3
market places need to have WAY longer listing durations as well as vastly reduced listing fees.

Reply #4
There would be a lot less complaints about local banking

There aren't a lot of complaints..  Unless of course you count the 10 or so forum lurkers as a proper representation of the entire DND population, most of which don't frequent the forums and are busy playing the game.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I am loving the local banking.

Makes everything you do feel more consequential. Whenever I am out farming or questing in an area I use the local bank to store my booty in case I get ganked.

Then I do a transport mission to consolidate all my goods at my base of operations in Sanguine, also to restock my food rations, arrows, and reagents.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:21:32 pm by SoethThoth

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #6
doode all we need is:

A FUCKING HEALTHY POPULATION WITH CONSTANT NEW PLAYER INFLUX

pretty easy to fix
make google ads and launch on steam

Reply #7
Finally a thread which is not just whining and complaining but has good suggestions on how to improve a system, not remove it like someone else is trying to do.

Definitely there need to be a lot of improvements in the market system to make it work better; right now we just have the bare bones of a system which, despite that, is somewhat already working.
But things like mules for bulk transports and crafting orders are definitely a must to have.
I would also add the possibility for the crafter to retrieve the gold from sold items from anywhere and have it put it into the global gold account (with the usual 10% fee) so he doesn't need to move to the market where he placed the stuff to get the profit.
That alone could make remote markets start to fill up a bit more since you could just do your trip there, put items on sale and then you'd have to bother to get back there every now and then to see if you sold anything.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
doode all we need is:

pretty easy to fix

I think they should improve the market, trading with caravans, and have the racial warfronts and then do the ads and steam release.

Also work on the new player experience and UI
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:27:45 pm by SoethThoth

Reply #9
I am loving the local banking.

Makes everything you do feel more consequential. Whenever I am out farming or questing in an area I use the local bank to store my booty in case I get ganked.

Then I do a transport mission to consolidate all my goods at my base of operations in Sanguine, also to restock my food rations, arrows, and reagents.

imo not the local banking or game is broken, only the community is broken which consist of only veterans, 20% of population is alts, from that 80% maybe 5% are new players, everyone else played DF1 or any other darkfall and most of them are veterans.

Reply #10
doode all we need is:

pretty easy to fix

I think they should improve the market, trading with caravans, and have the racial warfronts and then do the ads and steam release.

thing is we have no time to lose, the people will all have quit in 2 months and we are stuck with 100% veterans.
The game has only this natural momentum, when they do it after the 2 months they have a much harder time getting the same results imo. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY A EMPTY MMO. no matter how good the game is, they will just logout again when they don't see 10+ people in sanguine.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
doode all we need is:

pretty easy to fix

thing is we have no time to lose, the people will all have quit in 2 months and we are stuck with 100% veterans.
The game has only this natural momentum, when they do it after the 2 months they have a much harder time getting the same results imo. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY A EMPTY MMO. no matter how good the game is, they will just logout again when they don't see 10+ people in sanguine.

I wonder how far off these elements are, hopefully they have been working on them for quite some time.

Reply #12
doode all we need is:

pretty easy to fix

Are you retarded? Sanguine is a noob city with nothing to do but bank stare and yet your defining line for high pop is how many people are bank starring there? Like wtf is wrong with you RoAers, bank starring means game is fucking boring but you have become so use to a boring game you define popularity by boring metrics.

I define population by activity and at least in EU time the pop is quite fine, though NA time has some issues since the NA clans are all scattered to the 4 corners and have a hard time getting to each other or in some cases just like their own private islands.

Reply #13
doode all we need is:

pretty easy to fix
You are not wrong but you set a wrong priority for now imho.

But I gotta ask you since you complain A LOT about DnD's flaws in game and here:

What did the huge population help RoA with? They had a good marketing, many many new players and yet it died very quickly because of....?

The reasons why they quit could not be the population, like some here think about DnD...so how could this happen?

I expect more than "dis is not RoA" or crap like this, it is a similar situation in different projects, so please, I am really interested.

Reply #14
I doubt the guys here would stop complaining if you give them carts and stuff. Many of the complainers are known trolls. It is pretty obvious.

Which doesnt mean those additions wouldnt be good to have.