Skip to main content

Topic: Suggestion to make rune stones useful & remove alts for PvE. (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion to make rune stones useful & remove alts for PvE.

1 Scalestone = 3 Shards.

-Promotes staying blue to break scalestone into shards at NPC city.
-Removes needs for alts at spawns.
-Promotes solo farming at your own leisure.
-Gives runestones a use and a market.

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Suggestion to make rune stones useful & remove alts for PvE.
Reply #1
Or just make spawn scaling better so none of this is needed?
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #2

Can't exactly make spawns baseline harder as newbies / bads won't be able to handle them.

How would you fix the spawn scaling, needs a bit more context on your post?

Reply #3

Can't exactly make spawns baseline harder as newbies / bads won't be able to handle them.

Ofc they can, the mob spawn respawns after [X sec * number of mobs on spawn] - once all mobs have been killed. You will have time to loot + skin + no fucking downtime.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #4
This could definetly be a pretty cool concept. Give them solo players some love dammit

Reply #5
love the idea!
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

Reply #6
For once a good recommendation!
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:35:54 pm by Natris

Reply #7

Ofc they can, the mob spawn respawns after [X sec * number of mobs on spawn] - once all mobs have been killed. You will have time to loot + skin + no fucking downtime.

No downtime spawn should be a luxury not baseline, I've had to work out the no downtime for all the spawns I farm, currently I just use alts to boost it to a level I can solo comfortably which is dumb.

How would it work with mobs which have a 10+ minute respawn timer right now?

You would have to kill the whole spawn before it respawns, nothing would respawn constantly which is meh.

Reply #8

No downtime spawn should be a luxury not baseline, I've had to work out the no downtime for all the spawns I farm, currently I just use alts to boost it to a level I can solo comfortably which is dumb.

How would it work with mobs which have a 10+ minute respawn timer right now?

You would have to kill the whole spawn before it respawns, nothing would respawn constantly which is meh.

Ah yeah, forgot to add, this for low/medium level mob spawns. Key mobs like Baradon, Golems, etc, shall stay on CD ofc. I had a similar suggestion sometime ago, needing to alt to streamline your solo farm is bad.

Regarding the luxury/baseline, with your original idea of using runes for it, it would be too scarce to use it on lower level mobs, so newbie wouldn't benefit from it + it would be abused on higher level mobs for sure.

If you russgestion is for vet players, then it's a good suggestion, if you focus on less 'fortunate' players, it's not the way to go.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #9
High end mobs become stupidly hard / inefficient to farm past level 14 anyway especially with a smaller group boosting it so I don't think a cap on how many levels you can boost a spawn would be necessary, but yeah they could implement one.

Reply #10
I would not mind there being a self buff of 0 to 2 mob scaling. Having a possibility to have an ideal spawn should be baseline imo. Location and composition should decide which spawn is better than others.

Reply #11
I'd also love a way for players to disable spawn scaling for themselves, for instance, new players trying to tackle a harder mob may find it too difficult when scaled, but still want to play with a friend. Being able to disable scaling would allow players to tailor harder spawns to their character / skill level, though they'd miss out on the increased drops and xp.

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #12

The amount of players there should effect nothing, it should be based on how well/fast you can kill a spawn, if I kill x mobs by myself in x amount of time it should move up to level 2 scaling because of how fast I killed it alone, if it goes down faster then that the next time it goes up even further some maths could be done to make it less tedious but overall it stops the need to bring an alt to a spawn, it removes the need for this thread as you're looking at applying a band aid fix to overcome a design flaw in the scaling, which is that more people = better level atm you can't even solo spawn scale you're stuck with basic spawns with terrible timers, as you know people don't always want to play as a group many things could be done so you don't have to when farming, and a system which involves how effective you are at killing a spawn is the way forward maybe its more difficult or maybe Ub3r don't want to be seen as taking a similar route to RoAs scaling system who knows.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.