Skip to main content

Topic: The Game is Broken on a Fundamental Level (Read 8668 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Game is Broken on a Fundamental Level
Reply #90
Sorry, i didn't ready too much. I haven't started playing, but my biggest problem has always been and will always be the grind on characters.

I will never mind local banking or the gear grind, but there's no reason for the character grind to be so hard. You can't loot skills or stats(yeah, you probably can loot meditation points, but...)

I imagine as a mage it will take a while to level all your bolts and rays and stuff, especially if you have multiple schools.

Melee/Archery characters will be viable pretty fast though as they do not have so many skills to grind out.

I'm planning to start playing Dnd when the crafting situation for most large clans gets sorted out. That way, i'll most-likely only have to farm for gold in exchange for weapons just to level my skills faster. I don't plan on crafting at all, but i can still chose to harvest since it can still be done semi-afk.

In fact, i think there's no reason not to join a large clan in DnD; no reason to make a vet only clan most-likely. That can be a good thing.

Reply #91
When you start playing later you will have the advantage of starting out with good gear which will propell your grind by alot btw.

Reply #92
Can't agree with anything apart from the respawn on death.  Still wholly think this should extend to nearest racial starter city.

As for everything else, then I think you a just not meant to play this version Raap, we can't all like everything.  Just move on and find another game and check back after a few patches.

Nomads is growing steadily,  alot of old faces coming back daily and so far we lost 1 in 20 guys due to not enjoying Darkfall (that was due to a lack of even more changes compared to DF). The rest login near daily,
have fun and enjoy farming.

Sure it needs some improvements, but to complain the game is broken is just wrong in my opinion and I hope Ubergames don't cave in to you local few on the forums (yes Raap, you have become one of "those"). 

Face it guys,  Darkfall Online disappeared a long time ago. Either adapt, to enjoy this version or uninstall and go find a new forum to warrior on. You guys are dillusional if you think they are going to change their whole concept of Darkfall to cater to you, the rest of us who are ingame, are enjoying how it is now.

Just go play something else already and quit all the whining.

Reply #93
OP has some points, but it's tainted by a desire to basically be playing a different game. This game does need further development and it does need to attract more players to succeed long term. However, there's nothing wrong with the direction.  It just isn't going to appeal to a number of those that liked the incomplete original or its previous to DnD shallow successors. Just as those games didn't appeal to many of us who were excited by the promise of the original Darkfall that hasn't been re-attempted until now.

Reply #94
TITLES ARE CONTENT!
GLOBAL BANKING KILLED THE ECONOMY!
RACIAL WARS WORK!
180 PING DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR PVP SKILL!
ONLY ROA ROGUE AGENTS OPPOSE UB3R'S VISION!
GO PLAY ROA! WE DON'T WANT YOU!
LONGEVITY! LONGEVITY! LONGEVITY!

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

:'(

Reply #95
I was really skeptical about local banks before. But its not as bad as some people make it out to be. And respawning at local stones of your choosing is actually not bad when you die in pve. In old system if you ported somewhere to farm something and u die to a mob. It was over for you.

Yes alot more content and polishing and balancing is needed. But atleast geography matters now and you have to strategize about your logistics and work as a team more.

Reply #96
The only thing that I really hate about the system is if I go out for a pvp trip, I have to run all the way back win or lose. It can be such a crazy time sink that really isn't fun.

Reply #97
OP has some points, but it's tainted by a desire to basically be playing a different game. This game does need further development and it does need to attract more players to succeed long term. However, there's nothing wrong with the direction.  It just isn't going to appeal to a number of those that liked the incomplete original or its previous to DnD shallow successors. Just as those games didn't appeal to many of us who were excited by the promise of the original Darkfall that hasn't been re-attempted until now.

Game needs further development and more players to succeed long term. There's nothing wrong with the direction.

This game won't attract anywhere close to the population needed in their current direction.

They have few choices, smaller map for smaller pop, or less localization with the same map. The population is too small to accommodate this map and this level of localization.

Private servers of dead games don't grow. It doesn't happen. They reach a peak very early on and die off. This time is that generally that peak. Those private servers are also usually free, not subscription based in a free to play era. This would need to grow exponentially for their vision to work. You're fucking gone if you think this is going to grow like that.

Reply #98
@OP, I don't care, who you are, what you think you have done before for the game or what personal problem you have (maybe to much time??)..., but I can't disagree more with 95% of the issues you raised. Instead of hitting stones with 5 different alts (how dumb, to be honest...), you should start playing the game, not playing (still) old Darkfall or UW  (in your mind).
Wtf, such a bullshit (95%)...

Reply #99
It's hilarious that only the clueless people who have no idea what they're doing in the game are the ones left enjoying it. Literally every person who has figured out the best ways to stack their bank and grind their characters are the ones pissed off because it's obvious how broken everything is. You should listen to those people so you can try and fix the game before you get to that point.

Notice how the negativity is scaling up and up? That's because more and more people are coming to realize how broken everything is.

Reply #100
You are mad bro, we know it. Bye

Reply #101
Making the map smaller is not a good idea and will take away alot from the game. But some sort of regionalized banking or another way to improve our ability to obtain and sell items can go a long way.

Reply #102

Fantastic argument. Really well thought out. Great stuff.

Reply #103

Fantastic argument. Really well thought out. Great stuff.

Reply #104
Game needs further development and more players to succeed long term. There's nothing wrong with the direction.

This game won't attract anywhere close to the population needed in their current direction.

They have few choices, smaller map for smaller pop, or less localization with the same map. The population is too small to accommodate this map and this level of localization.

Private servers of dead games don't grow. It doesn't happen. They reach a peak very early on and die off. This time is that generally that peak. Those private servers are also usually free, not subscription based in a free to play era. This would need to grow exponentially for their vision to work. You're fucking gone if you think this is going to grow like that.

If Ub3rgames wanted to redo DF Unholy Wars or compete for exactly the same player base as RoA they would do what you and the OP suggest. DnD isn't trying to do that.  So in a sense you are correct Ub3rgames current development direction will not attract new players who are looking for an arena/arcade version of darkfall, but there are other types of players out there. You can mock their "vision", lament against the direction of the game, but that's the path we're on in DnD whether you like it or not. 

DnD may not succeed long term, but some are declaring its failure just a few weeks after launch. Furthermore reverting to older forms of Darkfall and appealing to the small base of players that actually liked those flawed and failed versions is a far more likely path to another failure than Ub3rgames sticking to their vision. A vision/direction I'll remind you is closer to that of the original Darkfall by a huge margin than any version since. A vision that attracted so many to play in the first place until they realized AV were not even going to try to deliver on the promise.