Skip to main content

Topic: The Game is Broken on a Fundamental Level (Read 3647 times) previous topic - next topic

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*]
Re: The Game is Broken on a Fundamental Level
Reply #30
People are actually in the capital!

Most people are gradually moving the shit they gather at other banks to their capital bank. That is the nexus for the AH in your racial area. If you aren't doing that, you are doing it wrong. A few people have taken it on themselves to supply the newb cities, but with taxes, I wouldn't have faith that anything will be in the less populated towhships.

Reply #31
I read an only main post and skipped comments because most of the people here are toxic fans that don't want to hear anything against their view.  Upvoted author.
1)Mob scaling was the worst idea possible. We have a small group of 3 players and we will not continue sub. The game is ruined, there is no reason to do anything but to harvest logs or iron. Loot is empty and even yellow and orange mobs give trash. You should remove that stupid scaling loot and power system. There is no need to camp 1 spot with 50 players instead of having 50 spots occupied with solo players. From the game dev point of view - 50 occupied spots by solo players will show new players that game is alive and will give something to do for solo players who are the majority in any game usually.  Focusing on couple hundreds old fags is a dead end. Without making game newbie friendly it will die in couple months.
2)Local markets are mega troll. Those who thought that will work are idiots. All markest even Sanguine is dead. Only trash from lvling skill - for sale. I know you have a sick love for running naked all over the world. Make at least markets show ALL SALES ALL OVER THE WORLD. So people can see general picture to find their good and settle normal prives. For now, it's like no prices cause of now sales or stupid random price with no economic connection.
3) Have no time to finish will add later.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #32
So if people responding are toxic fans, what does that make the morons trying to make this game something it will never be with their vitriol? Most of the haters are committing intellectual suicide with their infantile ramblings.

I agree that scaling should be out or limited to a small party. 3 people sounds about right. Perhaps even design certain mobs with higher scaling ceilings.

I see new players ever day in dwarf starter zones and we are the less populated.

When people say local markets are dead, why is that? What are you doing to stock the AH? What can you do? Oh, I see, full combat specs complaining that there isn't what they want on AH. Hahaha
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:20:55 pm by PANZERBUNNY

• XiaN
  • [*][*]
Reply #33
either start paying ppl en masse to play your game or get rid of that localization stuff completely. those are your only 2 options.

The third option is that you move to RoA, it have what you are looking for, instant traveling and global banks. You see? You have already the perfect DF that fit your tastes, why you try to turn this into RoA 2.0 is just beyond any logic and you are just trolling yourself. Ub3r wont listen to 4 vets who don't like these features, never, no matter how much you Q_Q.

roa is 100 times worse due to entirely different reasons. i never even said anything about adding fast travel. i said that this localization thing will never work with the population you can expect in a darkfall game. even if the server was full 24/7 it wouldnt be enough, infact, not even close. maybe if you take off those blind fanboy goggles you can see that. we can only hope ub3r is capable of seeing reason or this is the end of the darkfall franchise.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #34
We all know why local is in there. To stop a Clan from rolling into an area with access to everything they own. It's stupid. We all know its stupid. IF you plan on operations in an area, you 'll  have to send an advanced party to set basic things up, Food, pots, whatever you happen to need.

Reply #35
Then quit already. GTFO, leave, uninstall,  play something else, just go away maybe.

You've literally cried the entire time you've been here.

Reply #36
@Raap Best thing for you to do is leave this cesspool of retards, blinded by this obscene ''vision'' that was doomed to fail in the first place. Unless you get an enjoyment from proving them wrong like me and @Seronys, then by all means stay.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
Not saying the game is.perfect or anything,still lacks tons of stuff that should be on launch- magic changes, alignment, new armor graphics, crafting etc., but my clan has a lot of things to do every evening. We arent bored. (Yet)

Reply #38
That magical 50 is bullshit. I'd like to see you pvp with your mighty 35 bolt. And quit your bullshit. I skilled up air to 50 on the blood knight and it takes A LOT longer than "less than 2 power hours".
Lol...YOU were the one saying that you need skills at 50 because 1-49 are shit, not me, and now you say that that number is bullshit too? Try to make peace with your mind then....
You can not believe me, i don't mind at all, i don't have a mission to convince you or anything like that.
I just told you what i did: i went 2 hours (on 2 different days) during my powerhour to grind water magic, solo, on water weak mobs and i am not at 32 water, 10 durable, 35ish bolt and 15ish ray.
I bet in an other hour or little more i will be at 50 with no problem at all (and all this never meditating it).
As i said, you are all saying the only way to skill up is to create big groups, scale up mobs to infinity and shoot on them non stop without killing them because they are so high level they become nearly unkillable....i took other routes and i am skilling fine too.
You should try to make experiments on your own and try differen approaches instead of just following the mass because "they say it is the best way".

You're just another one of the jobless 16 year olds living in your mom's basement grinding for 8 hours per day because you've nothing better to do and time sure flies that way.
damn, you got me.....apart for the fact that i am 40, i have a job and i play like 2-3 hours a night, when/if i am at home (and infact my char is nowhere near being skilled up: i have 50 spellchangintg, 35 water, 55 1hblunt and all the stats around 35).
I won pvp, i lost pvp, i had fun and i don't care if i will meet someone that has a more developed char that will kill me; until i have fun i don't care.
If you prefer to stay in a dungeon grinding all day long untill you have all 100s because only then you can "experience the end game" or whatever other crap you think is needed to have fun in a game, do it....but don't try to make it looks like it is the only, or the right, way to do it, because it is not. It is what YOU have decided to do, and now you complain that it is boring and the game is broken...

Reply #39
Agree on mob scaling.

Way to kill all solo/small scale play, ruin any incentive to farm mobs for its drops and pool 90% of the entire population together in zergs at the same 10 leveled superspawns, leaving the rest of the map completely barren and dead

I have already stopped logging in except when my powerhour is up. Why should I? Performing any activity in DnD solo and in small groups is actively punished by @Ub3rgames game mechanics. The game actively discourages you from playing unless you have a 10+ man zerg group at hand or your powerhour is up.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:11:39 pm by NeroImperitus

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #40
@Raap Best thing for you to do is leave this cesspool of retards, blinded by this obscene ''vision'' that was doomed to fail in the first place. Unless you get an enjoyment from proving them wrong like me and @Seronys, then by all means stay.

Just like your parents, no one cares what you do or don't do nerd.

Reply #41
Having shared banks/markets in NPC cities is a must. No one enjoys not knowing which bank he put what while questing and
no one likes to keep their assets liquid and buy stuff from the market on the fly.

The whole local shit is a big pile of tedium and annoyance, and this tedium and annoyance has a very small chance to create content for someone else, maybe if they catches you on a mount packed with iron or whatever you transport from one base to another. The problem in short is:

Player 1:
- sucks up logistics for 20 minutes about 20-30 times
- loose the stuff he has 1 time

Player 2:
- goes around 40 minutes searching for prey
- kills afk harvesters who hit stone to raise stats about 20-30 times
- finds and kills Player1 1 time, and has a blast!

It's not a zero summed travel simulation, it's a NEGATIVE SUMMED travel simulation, bc you win 1 time and loose 20 fucking times. Yes, your fucking time. First time since launch I felt the need to have a DotA game or something else, bc of travel/banking simulation nature of the 'new' game.

(I know, I know, you would say how fun it is to travel with stuff and be affraid to loose the shit. It is. 10 times. After than you start afk traveling bc of boredom and climb into a tree and someone kills you, this is how  Player1 dies in the example above.)

Regardless of this, OP is wrong about the pop. One cannot say the game is not populated or failing. It might in a few months, but definitely not now, pop is good. I got 10 kills in clan chat from 12:57 to 13:59 today, most of the being harvesters and some being a raiding part fight, and this time is off hour.

PH is good also, need to remove it from crafting though.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
roa is 100 times worse due to entirely different reasons. i never even said anything about adding fast travel. i said that this localization thing will never work with the population you can expect in a darkfall game. even if the server was full 24/7 it wouldnt be enough, infact, not even close. maybe if you take off those blind fanboy goggles you can see that. we can only hope ub3r is capable of seeing reason or this is the end of the darkfall franchise.

Buy the license of DF from Av and run your server to accomodate your tastes. Ub3r have a vision since InDev launch, is their game and they can do whatever they want, if you don't like the meta don't play. Removing local banks is spit in the face of all people who follow this iteration since 2016.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:58:13 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #43
Agree on mob scaling.

Way to kill all solo/small scale play, ruin any incentive to farm mobs for its drops and pool 90% of the entire population together im zergs at the same 10 leveled superspawns, leaving the rest od the map completely barren and dead

Bonus skill gains on mobs scaling definitely kill the variety in game. It has the same effect those local mini bosses/event in Guilds Wars 2 had, everyone gathered around them and move around as a huge group for best XP benefits, leaving the other areas empty.

Spawn scaling in terms of material gains curently is only worth if the spawn would have a (huge) downtime for (small group) solo players. This part is not that bad, but solo players should be able to farm one spot constantly without downtime.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #44
Darkfall New Dawn succeeded not in creating a world where people get to explore and adventure, no, they created a Darkfall where you get punished for leaving your area.
No, you got punished for dying, that was your mistake.

What's that, you don't want harsh punishments for dying in DarkFall? Well, cry me an absolutely fucking river. Or else I want the stuff back that people took when they came to my land and killed me.

Travel is dangerous compared to other DF versions, this was the whole point of this game.