Skip to main content

Topic: The Game is Broken on a Fundamental Level (Read 7291 times) previous topic - next topic

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: The Game is Broken on a Fundamental Level
Reply #15
We moved out from erinthel with a group of 10 last night. We hit dag went to ottenhal to bank the gained loot and the emergency mounts. And then moved on to long march and finally andruk. At andruk we lost one guy who thanks to local respawn could spawn nearby and get regeared with looted gear.
With the old system the evening would have been over for him. 

On our way home we ran into a group of epoch, an encounter w e wouldn't even have had with instant travel. We lost that one and the guys who had died regeared in ottenhal and went home
We had one guy lose both his mounts and he had to buy one for 4500 gold

The tour was definitely more fun thanks to those changes you don't like
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #16
getting meditation is really boring and sucks ass, doing same quests for meditation sucks ass. we are forced to stay near newbie npc cities to grind out  boring quests for meditation points.
They can fix this by just allowing killing mobs to give out meditation points. Harder mobs gives more points
Tier 1 goblins and kbolds gives 5 points of med each
Tier 2 mobs gives 10 pts each
tier 3 gives 20 med pts each kill
tier 4 gives 40 pts each
Teir 5 very hard mobs gives say 80 points med each etfc
etcetc
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
getting meditation is really boring and sucks ass, doing same quests for meditation sucks ass. we are forced to stay near newbie npc cities to grind out  boring quests for meditation points.
They can fix this by just allowing killing mobs to give out meditation points. Harder mobs gives more points
tier 4 gives 40 pts each
etcetc

Kill yellow/orange tier mobs, get maps and keys = mediation points. Even more than quests.  I rly have a feeling some dont play the game.

Ontop of that villages.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #18
tier 4 gives 40 pts each
etcetc

Villages, keys, maps, chaos chests. Quests arent needed in the slightest.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Raap is a veteran cuck. I expect nothing less. All I see him do is whine in game. He had to work a whine into his name and look even more a fool because someone took his name. I suppose you should have played Indev for name save?

Game is fine with tweaks.

Lost all incentive to play? Perhaps you are still burnt out from playing DF in other verions.

If you play a decent amount and do the quests, you will have max meditation and be constantly hovering between 190k-200k max all the time. They need more things to spend Med on.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
FIX YOUR GAME, BRING BACK INCENTIVES TO PLAY IT.

Leave then and stop your daily Q_Q, the game was advertized since the site open with these features, you knew much before you buy it and from InDev.

Incentive to play? i'm playing daily, what you want more? An arena? You have already an arena and you know you should go to have your incentive to play and pvp 24/7 non stop. Move on.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Nothing to see here folks!

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #22
Local banking made me wanna quit. Also why remove the tools for gathering? It's supposed to be a role. 

As for local respawning i dont like it either.

But if yber games fixes these it wont be darkfall new dawn. So goodbye last try to resurrect darkfall.

I do like the titles though.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Agreed, all my friends are dropping like flies.

Can i have you stuff?
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #24
Game is perfectly fine, population is booming, i go to villages and see 500 people every hour, no idea what your talking about.

Reply #25
Hurr Durr, criticising the game, must be an ROA troll.

Nah, this guy is just the token whiny bitch every forum has.

Reply #26
People who say stop focusing on maxing everything: Fuck you.
No one said you don't have to max everything if you wish so....i just said, try to make it in a fun way instead of boring the hell out yourself because that way you'll gain 2-3 point more.
Isn't it much better to have fun while doing it and reaching that goal a few days later instead of rushing to it while in the meantime getting bored and not even willing to do it since it is THAT boring?

As i said, i have just started "grinding" a bit water magic and, by attacking the right mobs (weak to water), in less than 2 powerhours i went from water 4 to water 36, durable 9, bolt 35ish, ray 15ish......it doesn't seem too slow to me, honestly. If i even put in it some meditation to speed it up further, i would have been to that magical "50" that you seem so obsessed with in 2 days.

You guys want to play a mmorpg and max your char in less than 2 weeks-time because "unless you are fully exped you can't do the end-game" or things like that and then, when you finally reached that goal after boring yourselves for days, a few days later, you come here and complain that there is no "content" to keep people playing and they need to put it something else to do or the game will die.
So....if you have things to do (skilling up your char), you complain that the grind is too long and it is boring, if you don't have those things to do anymore, you complain because you have nothing left to do....you're never satisfied (and guess what? it is because you don't play to have fun but to "win" the game in some way....but sadly when you "win" the game, you need something else to go and try to "win"....so you'll basically never be satisfied with that mindset)

That magical 50 is bullshit. I'd like to see you pvp with your mighty 35 bolt. And quit your bullshit. I skilled up air to 50 on the blood knight and it takes A LOT longer than "less than 2 power hours".

You're just another one of the jobless 16 year olds living in your mom's basement grinding for 8 hours per day because you've nothing better to do and time sure flies that way.

Agreed, all my friends are dropping like flies.

Can i have you stuff?

Yes you can. Come and pick it up on Yssam and try and haul all that shit back to whatever hole you came out of. Enjoy the 6 trips it'll take you.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:10:38 pm by DeadlyFirefly

Reply #27
Hurr Durr, criticising the game, must be an ROA troll.

Nah, this guy is just the token whiny bitch every forum has.

True or not, he's right about everything he said.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
either start paying ppl en masse to play your game or get rid of that localization stuff completely. those are your only 2 options.

The third option is that you move to RoA, it have what you are looking for, instant traveling and global banks. You see? You have already the perfect DF that fit your tastes, why you try to turn this into RoA 2.0 is just beyond any logic and you are just trolling yourself. Ub3r wont listen to 4 vets who don't like these features, never, no matter how much you Q_Q.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
People want the easy street and can't handle actual hardcore mechanics. You want to play a hardcore game and be like "y0 nerds I play Darkfall, it's fulll loot. COD SCRUBS!", but when it comes to local banking and putting thought into how you play the game, people fold on themselves like a wet bag.

People need to ask what game they want to play and not how they wished a game that isn't what they want to play, the game they want to play.

I'm sure Darkfall will bend as they tweak it, but these are foundations for the game. They won't be replaced.

Put your input in the suggestion forum, that is all you can do. Whenever people claim that this will be the end of the game, they must be doing something right. It feels better than any past DF.

• Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:16:06 pm by PANZERBUNNY