Skip to main content

Topic: Confusion about Titles may be hurting player retention - suggestions (Read 427 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Confusion about Titles may be hurting player retention - suggestions
Reply #15
Dumb game design.

You are dumb, sorry but you can't be jack of all trades, choose a path, the warrior path or the crafting path, or both but with a slighty less strengh. You can balance as you like and gimp yourself based on what you like more. If you need something go buy in the AH or ask in /trade. Easy and simple.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #16
3 potency is about 7% dps. Not insignificant. But you also lose malus
Potential 7%...meaning that you'll manage to achieve that increase in dps if and only if you shoot all time with no cooldown between each shot (in order to use fully that 3% speed increase) and never miss a shot...meaning that in most cases, in a real fight situation you might have a 3% if you are lucky. And i can count the number of fights i won/lost with a 3% difference on the finger of one hand, meaning that, if you have won or lost that fight, in the majority of the cases will not be thanks to that 3%.
It is better to have it, sure it can help...will it win the fight? definitely not. And, actually, chosing a title will give you the 3% increase in that title, but you will GET (not lose) maluses for all other forms of damage....so being able to do 6/7% more dmg in fire magic at the cost of -2/4% in everything else surely is not going to change the course of a battle...
Right because signature spells and whirlwind/seize are not major factors in a fight. You people are clueless, and it pains me to read your ridiculously stupid posts.
You need 1 title for your weapon and that's it...signatures? are nice to have sure. Will they win you the fight? again, no.
Even going full combat specced you will not be able to access all signatures anyway, so does it also means that if i go full combat spec but chose the "wrong" schools (according to the meta that dictates us what is "mandatory" to have to avoid being gimped) i will surely lose? i highly doubt it.
Even taking 1 melee weapon and 1 mage school, you are complete in both magic, melee and archery...you just miss those mere 3-4% dps and you can still have 2 crafting titles.
If you think that going that route you'll have gimped yourself and are doomed to lose all pvp because "he had 5 combat titles" you're just trying to justify your losses and pointing at game faults while you lost simply because he was better than you[/quote]
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:33:53 pm by dariobrun

Reply #17
Dumb game design.

You are dumb, sorry but you can't be jack of all trades, choose a path, the warrior path or the crafting path, or both but with a slighty less strengh. You can balance as you like and gimp yourself based on what you like more. If you need something go buy in the AH or ask in /trade. Easy and simple.

Having 2 crafting titles is not jack of all trades. You're defending a broken system, all it promotes it creating an alt.

Reply #18
3 potency is about 7% dps. Not insignificant. But you also lose malus
Potential 7%...meaning that you'll manage to achieve that increase in dps if and only if you shoot all time with no cooldown between each shot (in order to use fully that 3% speed increase) and never miss a shot...meaning that in most cases, in a real fight situation you might have a 3% if you are lucky. And i can count the number of fights i won/lost with a 3% difference on the finger of one hand, meaning that, if you have won or lost that fight, in the majority of the cases will not be thanks to that 3%.
It is better to have it, sure it can help...will it win the fight? definitely not. And, actually, chosing a title will give you the 3% increase in that title, but you will GET (not lose) maluses for all other forms of damage....so being able to do 6/7% more dmg in fire magic at the cost of -2/4% in everything else surely is not going to change the course of a battle...
Right because signature spells and whirlwind/seize are not major factors in a fight. You people are clueless, and it pains me to read your ridiculously stupid posts.
You need 1 title for your weapon and that's it...signatures? are nice to have sure. Will they win you the fight? again, no.
Even going full combat specced you will not be able to access all signatures anyway, so does it also means that if i go full combat spec but chose the "wrong" schools (according to the meta that dictates us what is "mandatory" to have to avoid being gimped) i will surely lose? i highly doubt it.
Even taking 1 melee weapon and 1 mage school, you are complete in both magic, melee and archery...you just miss those mere 3-4% dps and you can still have 2 crafting titles.
If you think that going that route you'll have gimped yourself and are doomed to lose all pvp because "he had 5 combat titles" you're just trying to justify your losses and pointing at game faults while you lost simply because he was better than you

You sir don't know what you're talking about!! Speed isn't only about dps. It's about being fast enough to hit someone when you see a good chance. If you're slow, you'll miss the chance! That's what was good about Cobra Staves in DFO. They gave you good response time! Not just dps...
And about sig spells... oh boy... They can win fights allright! You obviously don't know the potential of several spells in the game... like reflect for example... or the 2 necro spells... and more... ;)
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD