Skip to main content

Topic: remove power hour and meditation pls (Read 269 times) previous topic - next topic

remove power hour and meditation pls
makes ppl log in for powerhour and after go out meditation lol
 turn off yssam niffel cairn and ruby until game raise online , when game dont have enough ppl for current map that looks weird.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:30:04 am by cuper

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: remove power hour and meditation pls
Reply #1
Yes lets fuck over casuals because some idiots can't have fun with anything but maxed characters.

Reply #2
Yes lets fuck over casuals because some idiots can't have fun with anything but maxed characters.
Tru,
WOW standart - gain all skill and go pew pew

Meditation  - good game option like EVE online (population 30 000).
People logout because they are not interested in the game, they are only interested in the progress of skills

Reply #3

+1
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #4
So many people dont understand the skill/stat gain you get from being online is SO much greater than meditation.

Skill   (e.g. Greatsword) - Meditation points to max 214,996 - Time 15 Days (360 hours) = 0.28 skill gain per hour offline
Spell/Abilty (e.g. Fireball) - Meditation points to max 143,380 - Time   10 Days (240 hours) = 0.42 skill gain per hour offline
Stat   (e.g Strength) - Meditation points to max 408,500 - Time    22 Days 15 Hours   (543 hours) = 0.18 stat gain per hour offline
Adv Skill (e.g. Greatsword Mastery, Necromany, Intensify etc) - Meditation points to max 426,663 - Time 30 Days (720 hours ) = 0.14 skill gain per hour offline

N.B. All information taken from the ingame Journel

No I don't know about you lot, but I can get way more than 0.28 skill, stat, spell or adv skill gain per hour while playing and thats without powerhour.  Also when playing you are leveling up MULTIPLE skills, spells, stats and adv skills in one hour where as you can only meditate one at a time.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
People logout because they are not interested in the game, they are only interested in the progress of skills

You can't blame them however, this is an unforgiving competitive ffa open world, every constrain you have tied to skills and stats is a deterrent to enjoy the game. Lots of people find detrimental do pvp without a maxed build, they can blame skills and stats for their loss even if isn't true, is the human nature, 1-2 more damage is better than zero, 400 hp are bettere than 350 hp, and so on. The difference can be negligible but the perception is heavy.

Still, i prefer a prowess system like UW instead of a power hour, at least with the EXP potions as a quest reward you can control where you EXP go, while with a power hour you are forced to do a hour straight and fight as much hard as you can to not waste your precious minutes.
This create stress and tension. A EXP potion as a reward is 100 times better for both hardcore and casuals, no stress, no timesink, fight when you want without the time behind your ass, your true enemy.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:24:32 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #6
So many people dont understand the skill/stat gain you get from being online is SO much greater than meditation.

Skill   (e.g. Greatsword) - Meditation points to max 214,996 - Time 15 Days (360 hours) = 0.28 skill gain per hour offline
Spell/Abilty (e.g. Fireball) - Meditation points to max 143,380 - Time   10 Days (240 hours) = 0.42 skill gain per hour offline
Stat   (e.g Strength) - Meditation points to max 408,500 - Time    22 Days 15 Hours   (543 hours) = 0.18 stat gain per hour offline
Adv Skill (e.g. Greatsword Mastery, Necromany, Intensify etc) - Meditation points to max 426,663 - Time 30 Days (720 hours ) = 0.14 skill gain per hour offline

N.B. All information taken from the ingame Journel

No I don't know about you lot, but I can get way more than 0.28 skill, stat, spell or adv skill gain per hour while playing and thats without powerhour.  Also when playing you are leveling up MULTIPLE skills, spells, stats and adv skills in one hour where as you can only meditate one at a time.

Activly doing thing raise more than one thing too for example melee gives str and vit aswell, where spell do there schools/subskill and int and all that

Reply #7
To be honest there are days when I play 5-6 hours and I do not even using up my power hour : )
Yesterday was a day like that for example, and it was not the first one.

As much some ppl do not care about the alt issue, as unconcerned I'm personally due to power hours.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
No, its agreat addition for me to progress while at work. This keeps the playing field even.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Its staying. Its one of the only ways casuals can keep up and even then, not so much.