Skip to main content

Topic: Mastery robe prices.. (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mastery robe prices..
Reply #15
Ub3r mentioned that crafting needs immediate work. I guess they have upped the price until they change requirenments so that the price goes down rather than up. I am not going to craft more than is necessary for the forseeable future because of this.

Reply #16
The main issue is - you can afk farm mats for metal armors

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #17
Rare gear should be rare.

Devs said they want full plate  level to be the standard level of gear eventually. Not infernal level as before.

Everyone is in the same boat, but of course the vets still whine.

Reply #18
Umm, they said they want Plate / Studded / Bone to be standard, not mastery gear

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #19
Umm, they said they want Plate / Studded / Bone to be standard, not mastery gear

So even less cause for the whining.

Good.

Reply #20
and for robe fine or extravagante ?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

Devs said they want full plate  level to be the standard level of gear eventually. Not infernal level as before.

Not only this, they increase the strenght of tiers before R50, for example the difference between R40 and R50 is now more close and not so huge like before. But i have doubts about the RARITY of items in a FFA pvp game, see below.

Yes, they lowered the standard to plate/full plate and R40 and R50 for both armours and weapons. Indeed top tier gear still the best but will be more rare.

I'm a bit scary that only big alliances with tons of rares and crafters will be able to afford high gear and dominate the whole clan warfare scene, this is the drawback when you lower the standard unfortunately. The more a item is rare the more who have the best resources and money can afford them, is like the grind in the old game, people who play 24/7 will have the best advantage over casuals.

In my opinion they should raise the standard, not lowering it, so everyone can access to the same content.
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:00:36 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #22
Robes are meant to be some 2 piece 'special snowflake' type set, standard mage gear is a bone set.

Reply #23
and for robe fine or extravagante ?

Extravagant.

Which is easy as shit to get btw
Flopfall: New Dawn. Please buy 6 accounts.
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

Reply #24
I would like to point out that you are just comparing the FP set, which is fairly expensive as is. There is also a thick leather set which costs a lot of thick leather.

Reply #25
Perhaps the solution is to lower both the materials costs AND the durability on robes, they won't last as long but your first one is easier to get and it's less of a loss when you lose it.  Mages by nature burn through regs and staffs so why not burn through clothing as well.

Also I would retain basic cloth as a part of all higher tier robe recipes, just as Iron is still used in huge quantities on armor, it will provide cloth price support.  Also let farms produce Flax which can become cloth.
Sorry, I'm not much of a market guy  but if each selentine ingot is worth 3k then Elemental cloth and thick leather could be easily more than 1k each.

Im fine with farming mobs for my gear instead of afk node hitting. But atleast the first level mastery robes should be more accessible to players and not like dragon armor that you are afraid to wear it unless you know 99% that you are going to win or something.

Just think of R30 as the new baseline for equipment.  Just like the r40's were in old darkfall, things just changed.  Better gear is going to be more rare/valuable.

That might change later on when the market is flooded with stuff, but for now I would not even worry about mastery gear.

Reply #26
Perhaps the solution is to lower both the materials costs AND the durability on robes, they won't last as long but your first one is easier to get and it's less of a loss when you lose it.  Mages by nature burn through regs and staffs so why not burn through clothing as well.

Also I would retain basic cloth as a part of all higher tier robe recipes, just as Iron is still used in huge quantities on armor, it will provide cloth price support.  Also let farms produce Flax which can become cloth.
Sorry, I'm not much of a market guy  but if each selentine ingot is worth 3k then Elemental cloth and thick leather could be easily more than 1k each.

Im fine with farming mobs for my gear instead of afk node hitting. But atleast the first level mastery robes should be more accessible to players and not like dragon armor that you are afraid to wear it unless you know 99% that you are going to win or something.

Just think of R30 as the new baseline for equipment.  Just like the r40's were in old darkfall, things just changed.  Better gear is going to be more rare/valuable.

That might change later on when the market is flooded with stuff, but for now I would not even worry about mastery gear.

This is the second post that I've seen now where you've said that the solution to someone's problem is just to pretend the problem doesn't exist and be happy with what you have.

Reply #27

This is the second post that I've seen now where you've said that the solution to someone's problem is just to pretend the problem doesn't exist and be happy with what you have.

Why is it a problem if Uber changed the new baseline of weapons and wants mastery gear to be more expensive?  It is the new game and the way things are.  Why complain about it?  Why not just adapt?

Is it really a big problem if everyone is playing by the exact same rules and having to get gear in the same way?  Just play with lower rank gear as is intended.

Reply #28
Right now the approximate gold cost of an adept robe could be in excess of 40k gold looking at all those mats required and the pain to get them. Thats if someone wants to sell it which is unlikely.

Also in darkfall 1 against a decent skilled and good geared destroyer who could maybe land a few arrows, it wasnt really a good idea to fight them with an extravagent robe + blackbolt :D Thats a myth. You only think that because you probably saw  some very high skilled mages destroying lower skilled people with robes.

I agree that mage gear shouldnt be basically free but this needs some balancing vs high end leather and high end metal armor to say the least.

Did you do the math vs a set of full plate which is an equal teir?

I do quite a bit of crafting and people are charging outrageous prices for mats.  Like 100 gold per ingot.

So lets use a lower base, 50g per ingot, and 1500 per rare ore, and 10 per leather.

Full plate is 46 leather, 138 ingots, and 11 selentine ingots.
leather - 460 gold
ingots - 6900 gold
selentine - 33000

total - 40,360 per set.

Am I wrong in thinking the values are the same?

100g ingots??? i see them for 50g.
Also seletine is easy mode to get ive already gotten 30 ore from a mine in 2 days its rather common now

• XiaN
  • [*][*]
Reply #29

Not only this, they increase the strenght of tiers before R50, for example the difference between R40 and R50 is now more close and not so huge like before. But i have doubts about the RARITY of items in a FFA pvp game, see below.

Yes, they lowered the standard to plate/full plate and R40 and R50 for both armours and weapons. Indeed top tier gear still the best but will be more rare.

I'm a bit scary that only big alliances with tons of rares and crafters will be able to afford high gear and dominate the whole clan warfare scene, this is the drawback when you lower the standard unfortunately. The more a item is rare the more who have the best resources and money can afford them, is like the grind in the old game, people who play 24/7 will have the best advantage over casuals.

In my opinion they should raise the standard, not lowering it, so everyone can access to the same content.

you mean like UW pre soft wipe when the standard was r70? it has pros and cons. its true that it was more fair than any other df ever was but if a r70 bow/staff sells for 3k you will never have a decent economy and crafters will be completely useless until they reach high mastery levels. its a fact that this entire game is flawed to the bone and in an unfixable state so you just have to decide if you want an economy or a levelled playfield. you simply cant have both. the main drawback of the UW way is that it makes looting players pretty boring cos infernal tier is like standard and anything below that basically goes straight into the lower right corner of the screen. the downside of having r40 as the standard is that once ppl have maxed out characters the TTK will decrease alot as ppl will run r40 armor with higher tier weapons simply cos weapons will always be much more affordable than high tier armors on a daily basis.