Skip to main content

Topic: important change to war declarations (Read 153 times) previous topic - next topic

important change to war declarations
@Ub3rgames

I suggested it before, but while before it was just an elegant solution, now, with local banking and markets, it becomes very important.

Declaring war (on race allies) should turn declaring clan gray for the war duration. Without this, clan that got wardecked will be completely cut off from markets and NPC city banks. Because NPC cities will become an open war zone. Why would you punish in such harsh way clan, that has not initiated the war? It should be the other way around - clan that declares war on racial allies should be punished by race war oriented game setting.

Clan that initiates a war can buy needed supplies before wardeck, can move goods from npc cicties before wardeck. Because attacker wardecks when he's ready. Attacked clan has not such luxury.

Marking attacking clan gray is also easy to understand (intuitive) while your (ub3rgames) wardec cost calculations are not. These mechanics does not need to exclude themselves though, so if you insist on leaving this war deck cost based on discrepancy between number of members, keep it. It will not change the fact that it's a stupid mechanic. But please add attacking clan becoming gray for whole war duration on top of it.

If you think this will turn NPC cities into safe zones - you are mistaken. There is a lot of room between "a safe zone" and "a war zone". People won't be invulnerable in npc cities, just like they aren't now.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:49:56 pm by wildNothing

Re: important change to war declarations
Reply #1
Are you aware that as gray you can not defend yourself without going red? What nonsense is this? I could understand if you wanted towers innpc cities to behave normally so that cities are more or less safe, but this?

Reply #2
Are you aware that as gray you can not defend yourself without going red? What nonsense is this? I could understand if you wanted towers innpc cities to behave normally so that cities are more or less safe, but this?
You can defend yourself and attack wardecked clan freely. No alignment hit. Because wardeck.
Also if one attacks their own race he turns gray, doesn't he? Also ARAC clans are supposed to be perma gray. So if your clan turns against your own race, you become gray. Seems consistent.

the question is though - do devs want race wars or random gank fest?
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:55:34 pm by wildNothing

Reply #3
Wait are you saying if two clans of the same race are at war, the clan declaring war should turn gray to the whole race?

Every time I unblock one of your comments to see if you are still retarded you never let me down.

Reply #4
Wait are you saying if two clans of the same race are at war, the clan declaring war should turn gray to the whole race?

Every time I unblock one of your comments to see if you are still retarded you never let me down.
yes, the clan declaring war should turn gray to the whole race alliance till the war ends. Don't see a problem with it. Do you see any? Because I see zero arguments from you, only insult.

Everyone that enters attackers holdings turns gray anyway, so they still can defend themselves against anyone without alignment lose. Their life will be hard on racial land, but they declared war on their racial ally, shouldn't it be like this? Noted your vote for mindless gank fest / against race wars.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:26:11 pm by wildNothing

Reply #5
I didn't read the entire post. But I don't think two friendly race clans at war should be able to fight in NPC cities. That being said, nothing stopped people doing the same thing in Eve Online as you could fight people anywhere in high-sec if you were at war with them.

But yeah, in the spirit of Darkfall, logging into an NPC city to find a huge war going on between two clans is not something I would expect to see. But one of the only reasons you would declare war on an allied racial clan is to disrupt them in NPC cities. SO I don't really know where the middle ground is.

Setting the racial clan who declared war on the other to grey is one way about it, but I don't think it is the best solution.

Reply #6
But one of the only reasons you would declare war on an allied racial clan is to disrupt them in NPC cities.
Not really. Sieges.