Skip to main content

Topic: -= Rogue Status In Villages Needs To Change =- (Read 154 times) previous topic - next topic

-= Rogue Status In Villages Needs To Change =-
-= Rogue Status In Villages Needs To Change  =-

[Rogue Status Only During Vulnerability Period]

Players inside villages should be able to live peacefully alongside other friendly races. Players should not constantly be rogue to one another. I propose that 30 minutes before a timer becomes active for the capture of a village is the only period when players become rogue to one another.

As for how to de-escalate after the conflict, this could be rather tricky. But I suggest the same sort of thing where there's a 15-30 minute window after a bindstone is captured where players are still rogue to one another if they are in the zone. Once the rogue status is about to drop, all players get a warning that rogue status is about to drop so that people can de-escalate before rogue timers ware off and player start becoming rogues by hitting blues.

Another alternative is that players still need to leave the zone in order to lose rogue status, but the issue is, if you were in your house the entire time, not interested in the fight going on around you, you should not be required to walk out of the rogue area and come back in.

[The wrong alternative] You could also say that players would only become rogue if they are engaged in 'claiming' the village capture stone, but this leads the way for blue blocking and griefing and would not be good any anyone.
  • Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:06:54 am by Spool Lyger

Re: -= Rouge Status In Villages Needs To Change =-
Reply #1
Suggested before. Long time ago. Villages should not turn you gray 24/7. Well, ub3rgames ain't got time for that.

Also the idea of characters of same race freely killing each other without alignment penalty does not feel right in game that claims race wars to be one of most important features. But again - ub3rgames ain't got time for that.

So we slaughter each other in racial lands and this is building a racial bond in ub3rgames mind.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:47:32 pm by wildNothing

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
*Rogue

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #3

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: -= Rogue Status In Villages Needs To Change =-
Reply #4
It is one of the most misspelled words on MMO forums I am sure.

I agree with your point too, should not be able to kill your racial alliance neighbors in a village when it is not vulnerable. Needs some kind of fix.

• Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:01:26 pm by SoethThoth

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Re: -= Rogue Status In Villages Needs To Change =-
Reply #5
I just love typing the word 'rouge' - Its so easy to type, 'rogue' is really awkward.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:50:30 pm by Spool Lyger