Skip to main content

Topic: Powerhour is the worst (anti-sandbox) addition to the game. (Read 1570 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Powerhour is the worst (anti-sandbox) addition to the game.
Reply #45
What worries me is how ahead some people are, I'm 60/60/50/50/30/55 in stats and I feel super behind.. I am at 73 Archery with my highest schools being 28 Air and 50 LM

If I try to level without power hour it feels really slow even on Gardorocs, hell I shot about 1500 arrows into a Gardoroc with Power Hour and got 3.5 archery... once I hit 75 it won't be an issue but the initial grind is a joke... A lot of Epoch players are insane right now, some of them have 50 intensify Air Magic and I'm like what the fuck?

Dude, don't make me list my stats...

My str/vit/wis are only high because I've just been hitting trees 2-3 hours a day or so with movies on and I still feel weakkkkkk

It's kind of hilarious how hitting a bunch of mobs with melee for 30 mins gives me less than 10 mins on a tree... that shit makes no sense

Arkillion Asura

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #46
I would not complain if powerhour got removed and instead the game gets either:

A: Rested experience, a well known concept that needs no introduction.
B: Participating in certain content that already is gated in some form or another yields a new "spendable experience currency", sort of like meditation but with instant returns. This new currency could be tradable so eventually when vets are maxed it will act like a catch-up for new players. It could be tied to the rewards of dungeon dailies, treasure maps, sea towers, and world bosses (Ice Dragon, Fire Dragon, Demon).

I'm in favor of the latter due to the greater impact.
Proud member of TD.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
Are you out of mind? Tyhe grind is already unabreable enought

Dude, i mean this to be insulting, go back to preschool and acquire some basic reading + comprehension skills. My critique of the power-hour system wasn't that it makes skill ups too fast; Rather that it was forcing (aka humongeously pushing players by game design) people to spend their time in a specific way and also logon to specific hours.

You are right, i misinterpreted you message. I agree in part with your last sentence, increase the gain to 25% or 50% for both skills and stats for everyone BUT mobs should spawn more often, the downtime and timesink is already very high even in low level spawn. Is a pain wait minutes for mobs to respawn, is a waste of time.
The grind is already high enought for a ffa pvp open world game, people have a life and family and can't handle to grind so much, the frontload also don't work, no matter what you do, the gap is very high expecially for people who play more. Meditation also is very too slow. Titles should require 1 month to max not 2. Jm2c.

excuse me? infact its WAY too fast. i just spend 2 hours killing exp mod 7 mobs solo pretty much casting stuff on them non stop and i got the exact same int gain as meditating for 2 hours. granted meditation doesnt level school/subskills and spells but it is still WAY too fucking good and encourages ppl to level offline. if anything meditation should be nerfed by 60-75% at the VERY least.

oh and fyi the first hour of that session was with PH

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #48

Dude, i mean this to be insulting, go back to preschool and acquire some basic reading + comprehension skills. My critique of the power-hour system wasn't that it makes skill ups too fast; Rather that it was forcing (aka humongeously pushing players by game design) people to spend their time in a specific way and also logon to specific hours.

You are right, i misinterpreted you message. I agree in part with your last sentence, increase the gain to 25% or 50% for both skills and stats for everyone BUT mobs should spawn more often, the downtime and timesink is already very high even in low level spawn. Is a pain wait minutes for mobs to respawn, is a waste of time.
The grind is already high enought for a ffa pvp open world game, people have a life and family and can't handle to grind so much, the frontload also don't work, no matter what you do, the gap is very high expecially for people who play more. Meditation also is very too slow. Titles should require 1 month to max not 2. Jm2c.

excuse me? infact its WAY too fast. i just spend 2 hours killing exp mod 7 mobs solo pretty much casting stuff on them non stop and i got the exact same int gain as meditating for 2 hours. granted meditation doesnt level school/subskills and spells but it is still WAY too fucking good and encourages ppl to level offline. if anything meditation should be nerfed by 60-75% at the VERY least.

As you said yourself. you dont level the other skills and stats so it is balanced in my eyes but helps to unlock key passives
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #49
Lol, it is incredible how everything the devs do, they will have to face threads of people complaining about it.
There is people complaining about boosted exp too now?
I can't believe how is that possible..

Oh, just as a side note, i am pretty sure that if they ever changed the power hour to rest-xp as some of you want, there will be threads popping up in matter of days complaining that "rested xp favour not playing the game, it is stupid...why are you punishing me for playing the game? With rested xp i feel like it is better for me to not log for days so that when i log on i can grind much more efficently"

just that this isnt how rested xp works. you get a set amount of rested xp every day at a specific time wether you have logged in or not doesnt matter at all. then there is a cap on how much rested xp you can aquire which is usually around 2 weeks. so basically 1 grind session every 2 weeks would be enough to keep up without losing anything.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #50

As you said yourself. you dont level the other skills and stats so it is balanced in my eyes but helps to unlock key passives

it may be balanced but its still retarded. ill give you an example. say im meditating int. why on earth would i start levelling spells/schools before i unlock archmage? exactly no1 in his right mind would do that so ofc you just stay offline until you reach 75 int before even casting a single spell on a mob. thats the flaw of the system. there is 2 solutions to it. 1) nerf the living fuck out of meditation. 2) make meditation work while beeing online.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #51

it may be balanced but its still retarded. ill give you an example. say im meditating int. why on earth would i start levelling spells/schools before i unlock archmage? exactly no1 in his right mind would do that so ofc you just stay offline until you reach 75 int before even casting a single spell on a mob. thats the flaw of the system. there is 2 solutions to it. 1) nerf the living fuck out of meditation. 2) make meditation work while beeing online.

Why would you stay offline ? You need to skill it, you save meditation points and you unlock the sub skills and start leveling them. Also the character progression for magic is 100 from skill 100 from sub skill and 100 from arch mage so you need to level all 3 types anyways
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #52
Dailies is almost an archaic mmo concept nowadays, this shit feels like a chore.
Closing the gap for casual players it did not, it has the opposite effect rather right now.

A more sane approach would have been a point system that regenerates passively over time and is drained on every XP earned. Such a system would address the requirements of casual players (limited playtime) while not putting hardcore grinders at a disadvantage.

We need more dailies. Dailies isn't archaic at all. It's what keeps people logging in every day with an expectation of at least SOMETHING to be done.

Revolutionary mmo concept that should be used more here.

Reply #53
Powerhours are probably the best mechanism for getting people to play together in the history of darkfall...

Reply #54
A godsend for crafters- PVE/PVP'ers have front end loading and spawn calling to speed progression, crafters only have power hour. And we spend the rest of the time gathering mats to be able to craft, so are busy all the time.

Reply #55
take a break from the game for a week and you've missed out 7 hours worth of double xp,
poor game design imo

Reply #56
I think power hour is a fun mechanic... Sure there are different, possibly better mechanics out there... but it has encouraged team play within our clan.

Reply #57
For those who can't play every night, one trick is, on a night you can't play, log on for 20 seconds and trigger power hour.  Then the next play session you'll have a power hour, and immediately be able to trigger the next one if you so choose.

Thanks for that, was unaware and Im one of those that get shafted on character progress by not having the time everyday to play :(

Honestly don't see Powerhour as an issue. This is not DFO, we will not all be levelling our characters STILL after 2+years of gameplay. I reckon I'll be in a good character place in about 4-6 months, at casual play level.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
The grind outside of power hour is rough but I still grind outside of it even if it's not as efficient since power hour is such little time. The power hour mechanic has really encouraged many of our casual clan members to log in at a certain time of the day because they know we'll be scaling up mobs to get everyone some good gains while we crack jokes and have fun during our leveling.
TLDR
Mob scaling and power hour have made the game very social. The first time I went into the Gardoroc cave I was in awe because you'd never see so many unaffiliated clans hanging out at a spawn together in such large numbers even back in DFO.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #59

Why would you stay offline ? You need to skill it, you save meditation points and you unlock the sub skills and start leveling them. Also the character progression for magic is 100 from skill 100 from sub skill and 100 from arch mage so you need to level all 3 types anyways

exactly thats why you meditate till 75 int to unlock archmage, then meditate archmage to 100 cos its fast and cheap, then you meditate the magic school to unlock the spells and subskills that you wanna level and THEN you actually start playing the game to level the spells.

if you actively play from the beginning you´re forced to level on shit mobs for a long time cos you do low dmg which means alot less gains for the effort and also more money investment cos you will burn through alot more regs. sure if you just grind 12 hours a day you will probably max out earlier but i really have better things to do than grinding all day when i can just meditate my way to proper dmg and level the spells in the end on hard mobs and maybe grind 1/5 of the time actively.

its called playing the system but the system is flawed and it shouldnt be like that.