Skip to main content

Topic: Powerhour is the worst (anti-sandbox) addition to the game. (Read 1321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Powerhour is the worst (anti-sandbox) addition to the game.
Reply #30
Power hour is bad because it makes me anxious if I don't get the full benefit of my power hour. And then if I want to take some time off the game I know everyone else is plowing ahead of me and I missed my power hours so tough shit better get on at 3AM to grind.

Seriously though it feels like a chore and as people have pointed out, dailies are basically aids.

On the flip side there are currently skills in the game where it is actually faster to meditate them than to actively grind them up unless you're using power hour. Grinding magic nonstop (as nonstop as possible) on hard mobs to get .10 skill took about 11 minutes, and when I checked the journal to see how much time it took off my meditation timer to 75 it had only removed 15 minutes. So basically by actively grinding my ass off without power hour I shaved 3 minutes off my time to 75. It only took over a hundred regs and a bunch of durability off my gear. So power hour seems to fix the issue of me deciding to log off and play something else while I meditate. At least for an hour a day.

Seriously though this game encourages you to log off to gain skills what in the actual fuck?

Reply #31
Meditation also is very too slow. Titles should require 1 month to max not 2. Jm2c.

feel like meditation is also inconsistent. Can meditate a magic school from 70 to 100 in 4 days (which is UBER fast compared to inDev i think) while attribute gains seem slowish (especially the early levels)

Reply #32
On the flip side there are currently skills in the game where it is actually faster to meditate them than to actively grind them up unless you're using power hour. Grinding magic nonstop (as nonstop as possible) on hard mobs to get .10 skill took about 11 minutes, and when I checked the journal to see how much time it took off my meditation timer to 75 it had only removed 15 minutes. So basically by actively grinding my ass off without power hour I shaved 3 minutes off my time to 75. It only took over a hundred regs and a bunch of durability off my gear. So power hour seems to fix the issue of me deciding to log off and play something else while I meditate. At least for an hour a day.

Seriously though this game encourages you to log off to gain skills what in the actual fuck?
Some meditation is fast but you have to bare in mind that you get a lot of base stats from actively playing. Sub schools and base stats won't level if you meditate.

Reply #33
Wtf a pvp oriented competitive player still needs to do pve with or without power hour. If anything it helps him.

Reply #34
As a former "hardcore" player from DFO, i really like the power hour. Although i like the idea that it could stack a few times if not used.

I have a job and i train a couple hours after work most days, i probably have a bit less more free time than your average person. I like that i can log on for an hour, see some decent gains and then go to bed without feeling like i need to deprive myself of sleep to see any significant gains.

The grind is still pretty significant, and im far behind a lot of players. And more importantly to a "normal"gamer who hasnt played before, the grind is still disgustingly long.

TBH, and i know this wont be well received, WoW did the "help casuals level" thing best with their "rested" status, the longer youre offline, the longer you get boosted gains.

The only people who really want the grind to be bigger and to stop people catching up are the god complex losers who want to be able to stop everyone they see. AKA angsty pre-teens.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #35
Lmao my sleep cycle is ruined by my power hour and having to use it.

Was up until 2am and realised I had to power hour so I had to power hour my Archery the entire hour otherwise it feels so wasted, a charge system would be great as not everyone can play every day especially for the whole hour in one go.

It reminds me of LoL's horrible master system where you have to play daily or you start to decay and not everyone can play every day with a working life, family, kids, other priorities, etc.

Arkillion Asura

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
@ub3rgames - what about daily quest reward with a potion of exp? Like the prowess points of UW, for example a 0.5 exp in your desired skill or stats as reward? It give people an incentive to do daily quest, play together, stay blue to get the quest and wandering more outside the npc towns and risk more high rank gear.

Playing actively the game should be rewarded with something that giving you an incentive to do it, not just for gold or med points and wasting 10000 arrows or reagents for a mere 0.05 exp. Very boring and timesink task.

The game laks meaningfull and fun reward. UW did it right with the prowess reward where you can allocate your exp where you want. With this system you can also eliminate the power hour.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:57:34 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #37
powerhour is a very good thing to bring people together (playin efficient) and also minimize the cap between workless people and schoolboyz who believe they doing some important hardcorish ..aka super hard grind (over 8hrs per day) to show how stronk they are, in a virtual world.

PH helps the casuals which are the majority of mmorpg players, its simple. So it needs to stay.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #38
I like Power Hour. And I don't give a damn if I didn't use it. Haven't used it the last two days because I had no time for ND. And it doesn't bother me at all.

I pitty those who think they HAVE TO login and use PH, otherwise they feel "behind" or "wasted time". No offense, but seriously try and get a life and accomplish something in RL. Then the urge to compensate in a video game goes away.

Reply #39
What worries me is how ahead some people are, I'm 60/60/50/50/30/55 in stats and I feel super behind.. I am at 73 Archery with my highest schools being 28 Air and 50 LM

If I try to level without power hour it feels really slow even on Gardorocs, hell I shot about 1500 arrows into a Gardoroc with Power Hour and got 3.5 archery... once I hit 75 it won't be an issue but the initial grind is a joke... A lot of Epoch players are insane right now, some of them have 50 intensify Air Magic and I'm like what the fuck?

Arkillion Asura

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
What worries me is how ahead some people are, I'm 60/60/50/50/30/55 in stats and I feel super behind.. I am at 73 Archery with my highest schools being 28 Air and 50 LM

If I try to level without power hour it feels really slow even on Gardorocs, hell I shot about 1500 arrows into a Gardoroc with Power Hour and got 3.5 archery... once I hit 75 it won't be an issue but the initial grind is a joke... A lot of Epoch players are insane right now, some of them have 50 intensify Air Magic and I'm like what the fuck?

Dude, don't make me list my stats...

Reply #41
And at 75 you have most of your archery grind done since it is heavily frontloaded.

Reply #42

They play a huge amount of hours every day.

People who play hardcore, always have an advantage over a casual, because even when everyone's characters are on par, they will have more money/resources than people who cant play those hours.
You ever look at mmo's and think what went wrong?? Everyone tried to please the casual playerbase, and that means watered down shit game play.

Reply #43
@ub3rgames - what about daily quest reward with a potion of exp? Like the prowess points of UW, for example a 0.5 exp in your desired skill or stats as reward? It give people an incetnive to do daily quest, play together, stay blue to get the quest and wandering more outside the npc towns and risk more high rank gear.

Playing actively the game should be rewarded with something that giving you an incentive to do it, not just for gold or med points and wasting 10000 arrows or reagents for a mere 0.05 exp. Very boring and timesink task.

The game laks meaningfull and fun reward. UW did it right with the prowess reward where you can allocate your exp where you want. With this system you can also eliminate the power hour.
Shut up Falce or IKMC will be gettin it
dodgy bastard

Reply #44
Lol, it is incredible how everything the devs do, they will have to face threads of people complaining about it.
There is people complaining about boosted exp too now?
I can't believe how is that possible..

Oh, just as a side note, i am pretty sure that if they ever changed the power hour to rest-xp as some of you want, there will be threads popping up in matter of days complaining that "rested xp favour not playing the game, it is stupid...why are you punishing me for playing the game? With rested xp i feel like it is better for me to not log for days so that when i log on i can grind much more efficently"