Skip to main content

Topic: feedback - in before infliction school arrives (Read 103 times) previous topic - next topic

feedback - in before infliction school arrives
- put some small infliction resistance on every even armor and in the same time buff up greatly infliction debuff, or it will be close to impossible to pve with the title (right now it's a clear torture to kill a mob with infliction spells, even if it's weak to that dmg, and I do not even wanna mentioning the hordes of mobs that are 100% immune to infliction dmg)
put the same infliction resistance on armors as you would buff flesh curse, so it will not turn OP till pvp'ing
- rend's infliction debuff and "flesh curse" effect should add up, or it will have no meaning
- the magnitude of the spells should be a bit greater, also the tick speed. An Ork in heavy armor + food + infliction shield would regen more hp than rend + needles can land out all together.
- upgrade the traveling speed of rend (a bit) and flesh curse, needles (greatly) they fly extremely slow, even under the speed spell upgrade

- I would also suggest to change the tick sound, or infliction mages will go crazy : )

Re: feedback - in before infliction school arrives
Reply #1
Rend definitely needs some major buffs if they want it to act as the r50 of the Infliction school. Adding the infliction school and others should have been a priority before launch. Details are still very unclear on how the implementation of the school will work... Will greater be renamed to Infliction? Will it be a whole new school to level? Also the fact that insect swarm and venom are currently locked behind high Witch Craft and Greater Magic levels in game is kind of frustrating. Someone who wants to dedicate themselves as a Infliction mage is completely useless in pvp(and pve) right now and has to avoid it completely until this patch(that has no ETA) arrives.

I don't think adding infliction protection to armors is a good idea. People not having infliction protection on their equipment is one of the attractive perks of Infliction Mage. Especially if @ub3rgames re design of Infliction Ward goes through to live...

Re: feedback - in before infliction school arrives
Reply #2
Rend definitely needs some major buffs if they want it to act as the r50 of the Infliction school.
so true

I don't think adding infliction protection to armors is a good idea. People not having infliction protection on their equipment is one of the attractive perks of Infliction Mage. Especially if @ub3rgames re design of Infliction Ward goes through to live...
The thing is, that we do close to zero dmg on mobs by using infliction right now, since the players have no infliction protection on their gear, so the numerical dps is based on that calculation. So infliction is greatly left behind in pve compared to other schools, since other school's dps is calculated out based on great gear protections.

So there are 3 options:
- it will be not viable to pve by using infliction (I think its a bad scenario, but we can end up like this)
- mobs would get infliction weakness
- gears would get small infliction resistance, and in the same time infliction dps gets buffed (maybe it's easier to code it, than the mob's infliction weakness, but only devs would be able to answer this)
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:43:42 am by TheCartographer