Skip to main content

Topic: Where should a normal newbie be at this point? (skill wise) (Read 326 times) previous topic - next topic

Where should a normal newbie be at this point? (skill wise)
I see people linking their skills in chat in like the 80s, 90s, and a few 100s!!! I am no where near these levels. I am solo for now learning the game before I join a clan. Of course I realize if I was clanned and grinding in groups I would be at a higher level..

But even the skills I am focusing on (so far) are in the 30s and 40s - I think I have 1 approaching 50. I have a few attributes 50ish...

Is this normal for a newer player to be so far behind or am I just spinning wheels as far as current progress..

Re: Where should a normal newbie be at this point? (skill wise)
Reply #1
You're good. There's a whole bunch of vets out there that are not too keen on doing the grind another time and are just as far behind as you are - other's are really no-lifing and already got r90 nukes, Archmage and whatnot.

Reply #2
My primary skills are only just reaching 30 and only have 1 stat +35, yet im still useful when pvping with my clan etc so dont worry about that.

Reply #3
I see people linking their skills in chat in like the 80s, 90s, and a few 100s!!! I am no where near these levels. I am solo for now learning the game before I join a clan. Of course I realize if I was clanned and grinding in groups I would be at a higher level..

But even the skills I am focusing on (so far) are in the 30s and 40s - I think I have 1 approaching 50. I have a few attributes 50ish...

Is this normal for a newer player to be so far behind or am I just spinning wheels as far as current progress..
You not in a bad position at all....my stats are all around 30-35, i have 50ish in the weapon skill and 50/25 in the 2 magic schools i choose....so you are in a good spot imho.
There will always be people playing 24/7 and min/maxing each minute of their time for "best gains" in order to max their char as soon as possible.
Usually those grind sessions are boring as hell, though :-D
So it is up to you to decide wherer you prefer get bored for days to have an advantage on others or to play and have fun and, in the meanwhile level up your char.....i will never choose the first option, but that's just me :D

Reply #4
MY opinion - This game isn't best learned on your own, far too many nuances to do so.  It's far more efficient to join a clan, benefiting from experience of others and group efficiency - not to mention communication.  I learned more in a few days than I did a month on my own.  If you don't like the clan, leave it and find another, if you give it a shot and contribute while you're a member there won't be any hard feelings.  You'll get "nowhere" or will spin your wheels otherwise...solo is prob okay with previous experience/recreation only, too many running around with months or years playtime, why learn it alone?

Reply #5
I really appreciate the replies thank u all

Reply #6

I'd say anything in the mid forties for primary stats will be good and 50 in any school.

I haven't grinded as much as others but I have 60/60/46/46/32/55 as my stats, I'm quite behind on Magic and Melee (28 GS, 69 Archery, 25 Air Magic, 50 LM and 15 GM)

I can easily get the skills up but I've been super lazy.

Arkillion Asura

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Do you use meditation when offline ? I did this to push my meele and archery to 75 for the passive skills and mastery. Got Quickness to around 50 and startet meditating on my two main skills.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.