Skip to main content

Topic: PSA: Enchanting is Broken (Read 558 times) previous topic - next topic

PSA: Enchanting is Broken
These post serves to bring light to a current issue, to advise you not to waste your enchanting mats, or at least not to invest in bulk enchants, and to hopefully find more cases and evidence to help get this fixed.

Now take a seat, grab a drink, and listen to my tale of woe.

I, a simple mage, usually spend my time mid map, or on one of the islands casting air magic on high tier monsters. Pretty much every gold piece I acquire goes into my mandrake stock. I like to be competitive, and furthermore I like to race. So my goal when a game like this launches is to try to and level as fast and as efficiently as possible.

Now it came to my attention that one of the factors in skill gains, is damage dealt. So I thought it would be advantageous to have staff's to do the most damage possible.

At this point in time, I left my golem spawn. And I traveled back to the mainland, to grind shit mobs, for enchanting mats.

Monsters Killed:
79 Sadayel Guardian, 68 Sadayel Shaman (Start Time 2018-02-05 9:48, End Time 2018-02-05 12:29) 2.5 Hours
53 Grey Iklits Session 1:(Start Time 2018-02-05 16:44, end Time 2018-02-05 17:14) 30 Minutes, Session 2:(Start Time 2018-02-06 11:05, End Time 2018-02-06 11:39) 30 Minutes
15 Zombie Warriors, 7 Zombie Shamblers, 4 Dire Zombies, 5 Zombies,12 Skeleton Warriors (Start Time 2018-02-06 12:13 End Time 2018-02-06 12:32) Total Time 20 Minutes
119 Goblin Fighters, 35 Goblin Warlords (Start Time 2018-02-07 5:12, End Time 2018-02-07 6:43) 1 hour 30 minutes
5 Centaur Reavers 1 Centaur Huntress's, 13 Ceil Fey Druids, 14 Ceil Fey Foresters (Start Time 2018-02-07 7:25, End Time 7:59) 35 Minutes
83 Minor Sarnakhs, 10 Sarnakh's (Start Time 2018-02-07 8:20, End Time 2018-02-07 9:20) 1 Hour

6.5 Hours at the spawns in combat, likely another 2-3 hours traveling between spawns and centralizing banks.

These estimates are only for what was farmed intentionally not what was farmed previously, These times are taken from the in game journal at the time of the first and last kill. This is not calculating travel time between spawns, between banks, and then centralizing everything in one convenient location. I have also invested Durability on weapons/armor and reagents spent

A shit load of enchanting mats I already had saved up later. As well as 20 .17 Orkish Magic Staff's later (about 200 crafts) I finally show up at our clan enchanter's door with an order.

My order consists of 20 Air Transmutes, with 20 magnitude enchant's, and six of those also with cast time enchant's. For a total of 20 staff's.

The total mats for this are as follows
20 Numen
100 Q1 Stormrune
100 Q1 Heart (Hardest material to farm, had to melee ikits for hours as a mage)
100 Q1 Bile
20 Nith
100 Q1 Tooth
100 Q1 Venom Sack
100 Q1 Eye
6 Ichor
30 Q1 Bone
30 Q1 Sparkstone
30 Q1 Greenleaf
4600 GOLD
200 Wood
400 Hellbore

Please consider I am in orklands, and after running through every single market multiple times, not once did i find a single enchanting mat I could purchase to ease this grind.

What happens next? I get handed a bag with 20 beautifully crafted staffs in them. I take one out, and leave the bag in the bank, and I use this staff until it gets to about 20 durability before dying in pvp, and giving it away.

I log on last night, and I move my bag of staff's from the NPC City to the Clan City. A little bit later, I open the bag to grab another staff, and to my dismay i find that the majority of my staff's are not showing their enchants. Out of the 19 remaining staff's only three have enchants, two with magnitude, one with magnitude and cast time. The rest are naked.

I have 16 staffs sitting in my bank that are worse than the rank 20 staff. Because the transmute basicially requires magnitude to match the r20's damage.

I cannot re enchant these because it requires 95 title to enchant a rank 80 transmuted staff.

I have contacted the GM's and was informed that they have had multiple reports, but are unable to confirm, or replicate the issue.

I have sacrificed 3 in game days to get these materials, I have sacrificed tens of thousands in materials, my clan enchanter sacrificed almost an hour of his time to get me these enchants. I log out defeated, and log back in today to be told there is progress but nothing has been solved.

There's no gear bag I could lose in PvP at this stage of the game to lose as much time and money as I invested. I'm trying really hard to not be done here.

I miss AV.
  • Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:18:14 pm by fecalslash

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: PSA: Enchanting is Broken
Reply #1
Unfortunate you had to go through this sort of thing. You could also have asked in your race alliance chat and had someone tell you not to bother with staff transmutes simply because they are incredibly poorly tuned, and have been since indev. The only transmutes worth doing are the broken one-handers on mounted combat.

Reply #2
Unfortunate you had to go through this sort of thing. You could also have asked in your race alliance chat and had someone tell you not to bother with staff transmutes simply because they are incredibly poorly tuned, and have been since indev. The only transmutes worth doing are the broken one-handers on mounted combat.

The problem isn't that staff transmutes suck, the problem is that they need other enchants to be viable. Wouldn't be a problem if these staffs had the magnitude enchants that they were enchanted with.

Reply #3
This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #4

Agreed.  If you don't like the way it is, you should go back to RoA.

Reply #5

Basically this. Oh and try buying staffs on market place that's why it was added in to solve all crafting issues.

Reply #6
Basically this. Oh and try buying staffs on LOCAL market place that's why it was added in to solve all crafting issues.

Fixed for you bro.

Reply #7
The life of a simple mage can be rough.

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #8
Items reverting to mob drop is a serious bug.  Started in the very final days of indev before launch.  Apparently wasn't fixed and I'm noticing it more often as the game goes on.

This is basically a post reporting about a terrible bug.
BOS7

Reply #9
Its not that enchanting is broken, it's the fact that there is a nasty bug that messes with the item id's.  Enchanted or not.
BOS7

Reply #10
The bug seems to be tied to local banking since in dfo and UW it only happened in safes and seems to be a itme ID bug where the basic id of the item type is saved but the specific data is lost, so the game knows whats supposed to be there and replaces it with a mob dropped (same basis id) as a self repair mechanism.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I would like to see enchantment infused into gems or scrolls without be forced to buy the whole weapon. In this way you can apply the enchantment to your best weapon.
Will surely boost the market of mats and gems (actually worthless).
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #12
I would like to see enchantment infused into gems or scrolls without be forced to buy the whole weapon. In this way you can apply the enchantment to your best weapon.
Will surely boost the market of mats and gems (actually worthless).

Sounds like you want ROA, just go play that game if you want it.

Reply #13
This is a bug report, which is also a thinly veiled critique on the amount of time required to get enchanting mats.

Post should be moved to bug report sub-forum.

Reply #14
Very serious bug described here, I have it on most of my staves also non-transmutes.
Can it happen to any weapon / bow or only staves? Has anyone had it happen to Armor too? Wanted get some helmets enchanted but holding back atm.