Skip to main content

Topic: Mount Cooldown Causing PvP Issues (Read 411 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Mount Cooldown Causing PvP Issues
Reply #30
Maybe mounts should lose ownership if the owner dies?

Reply #31
Have u seen the dog that waits for its owner at the train station?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
Have u seen the dog that waits for its owner at the train station?

Have you seen bears or drakes do that?

Reply #33
Have you seen bears or drakes do that?

Let's run with this. So: horses have 2min loyalty, goats have 2 min loyalty but refuse to move when you mount it, pigs have loyalty if fed, cats have randomized loyalty 1-10 min depending on their mood, and drakes have loyalty to blond teenage girls only.

• Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:45:13 pm by Beornin

Reply #34
Welp... Money talks and there are so many different venues to disagree with Ub3rgames... And facts are that all those changes they are making are just that - changes. Not the positive "bring loads of players and/or make everyone happy" but just some fleeting and passable changes that bring different perspective for vets not to be mad/bored in the exact same way as in other DF-s but instead be bored in entirely different ways.

Ub3r's vision is too perfectly pacifist view of what darkfall is from the very start of development and I respect them for being able to shape it in that way considering darkfall's core is the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve. Long term I know most of their decisions are bad in one way or the other but most of us know that and are here just for the short term ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reply #35
Like the option "forgive clan killer," perhaps there should be an option "never claim mount ownership."  Therefore, you and a friend can chase someone down by leapfrogging the same unowned mount.. (As an example of the suggestion)  the player being chased may also be able to steal the mount. 

New players still have ownership on by default, whereas other players can choose to disable their option of ownership as they see fit... maybe just before a big siege or whatever scenario at hand.

Just a suggestion.
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:16:17 am by Mordisk
BOS7

Reply #36
Mounting an owned mount that does not belong to you will flag you rogue. That would have been nice. Addresses griefing in NPC cities while not impacting PvP out in the wild. I thought it worked pretty good elsewhere.

This is the way it should work and should have worked from implementation.

Reply #37

"Sorry if you are disappointed, but you need to approach this from an angle that is not coming from the old DFO but from an angle coming from the rest of the industry."

This quote by Ubergames is a shame to see, they are facing an uphill battle due to the player mentality.  They are trying to be different, but everyone still rubs DFO in their faces and wants it the way it used to be.

Reply #38
I agree with durindana's statement, but to prevent griefing and accidental rogueing at the bank or market or whatever... add a feature like how you receive a pop-up box to confirm the action of going rogue that can also be toggled in the game options (ie: always confirm mount ownership rogue flag) .  Simular to looting a blue grave and forgiving a clan killer.
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:11:27 am by Mordisk
BOS7

Reply #39
This is by design. Your scenario is the desired outcome.
The whole idea of many of our changes is to transform a single fight into multiple.
That's why multiple clans add time to a VCP capture, why you need to destroy a mount inventory or have to wait until the loyalty of a mount falters to ride it.
To give a second chance to a defeated group rather than making it an exit point.

In addition, localization goes both ways.
If 2 minutes was enough for them to regroup, you were simply near their base of operation and that's a natural advantage they should have for living there.
It is the duty of a group leader to make the calls to withdraw or wait, and to make sure his people have getaway mounts when getting near enemy bases.

its a stupid mechnic. make it 30 secs or something. i cant even use Another guldies mount in a fight

Reply #40
@Saraski
Spawning a second mount when you already own one will make the first one lose its protection.
Or even claiming one, so you should be able to get down, spawn a mount ,and get back up on the first one, and the second mount will be free to use.
Note however that, as said in the reply just above yours, we do consider that clunky when within a party/clan.
We'll evolve it when possible.

@aparks
You say you should be able to, but why? What makes a mount have to become disloyal straight away?
Again, look at any other game that MMO players may be familiar with. Do you know other games where mounts have no loyalty?
Are there even games where they can be stolen or even go back to being wild?

The point is: to have some form of safety for players and chances to get items back even after a defeat, or to at the very least yo not have their own mounts instantly used against them.
Sorry if you are disappointed, but you need to approach this from an angle that is not coming from the old DFO but from an angle coming from the rest of the industry.

Uhhh??? Why have a red system if an enemy player can't take or you can't take their mount? It just seems arbitrary. Might as well give us a small mount spawn time and a permanent mount to run around like in themepark mmos.

Reply #41
I'm not sure how I feel on this one, I think ubers point about mounts typically having loyalty is decent logic and I think its definitely a good change inside blue areas.

Whilst the change makes sense in most cases I think it hinders PvP unnecessarily, I never  heard anyone complain about this problem in an actual PvP battle, I think they should probably remove the mount loyalty in grey/rogue zones to prevent the problem Raap describes which I agree should not happen.

Reply #42
We couldnt use our own mounts cause the fight lasted more than two minutes, while nakeds took ownership. The nakeds took ownership of multiple mounts, could respawn, get back with invul shield and rince and repeat.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:07:23 pm by Nataz

Reply #43
Ya I'm not even gonna argue back with @ubergames they are some stubborn asses. Really anything we say they most likely will ignore anyways like the drake mount issue. Especially since most of us are Americans and French hate Americans even though we saved them in ww2

What in the actual fuck are you talking about. Your like some old white racists who plays video games and when people start complaining about something in the game you start rambling on about white Merica.

• Valar
  • [*][*]
Reply #44
Why is it rocket science to just go rogue if you mount a blue's mount or be free to take a reds? I thought this was a sandbox game not WoW with mount loyalty wtf.